Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360198 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #570 on: July 29, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Not sure how many states actually have Big Lots stores, but....stopped by today and they had the Superion, Defensor, and Devastator knock-offs for $6 a piece.  Not a bad price considering you can't even get an original single piece to any set for that price.

As someone who has never seen the knock-offs, how are these, quality-wise?  I'd assume "bad" or "awful", but again, I've never seen them.

Just looked over Hasbro's slideshow from SDCC and there's some interesting stuff in there, particularly the concept drawings of Sunstreaker and Sideswipe for the Classics 2.0/Universe line.  The only bad thing I saw was the TF Movie 2008 Bumblebee being repainted into Cliffjumper.  Yes, Hasbro, I know they used the same mold in the old days and it worked; I know they used the same mold in Classics, and it worked.  This time, however, it just doesn't look good and it won't work.  Spend the time and money on actually getting that 2008 Bumblebee into stores and less time on repainting Ironhide blue and Bumblebee red.  ::)

On a related note, parents are increasingly irritated with TF toys at retail.  I overheard three separate parents and/or parental couples complaining at three different Wal-Marts and Targets last Friday about the total lack of ANYTHING other than Swindle on the pegs.  One parent was digging around looking for "Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, and Megatron" but kept coming up empty on EVERY scale.  EVERY retailer I've been to (around 10 different stores) have had NOTHING but Swindle these past few days, and Swindle's been there in full force (at least 8-10 in every store).  The movie's a hit, Hasbro, collectors and parents and kids actually want to buy the toys from said hit movie, and all they can get out in decent numbers is a video-game character that nobody knows from Adam? 

Oh, but wait, I can hear the Hasbro "What you are seeing on a local level is not indicative of what is happening on a national level" excuse coming through the pipes now...   ::)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 29, 2007, 07:24 PM »
After spending almost my entire afternoon of freeing 30 o-66 packs from their prison (what a bitch that was)...setting my mind apart - I've purchased the Devastator knock-off a few years back (a different version) and it held together just fine compared to my crappy vintage one that I got off Ebay back in the day  Cheesy plastic and stickers all in the wrong places, but it looks almost perfect against its conterpart - same with the Arielbots and Protectobots even though their in the wrong color.  Again - no going wrong with a $6 set of 5-6 toys that combine to form a larger robot.

Movie Transformers are all but gone in my neck of the woods.  Plenty of Bonecrushers and not much else.  I still can't even find my concept BB.  I'VE NEVER HAD A HARD TIME FINDING ANY TRANSFORMER until now.....Hasbro and retailers pooped out too soon on this line which is unfortunate for so many.  Spidey/F4/P3 must have ruined it for a line that actually warrented attention.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #572 on: July 29, 2007, 08:40 PM »
Big Lots have disappeared from this area. Which is too bad, since I'd have paid money for those. Oh well.

Same situation with the movie line around here. Nothing but Bonecrushers and Swindles as far as the eye can see. Maybe TRU will have something other than those two, but it's usually just the protoforms.
At least there's a few Leaders and Voyagers out there in the wild. But that's about it. I wonder how bad the hunt for the Concept BB is really going to be. It's sucked so far, but I hope it isn't as fruitless as my Joe hunt has been.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 30, 2007, 01:20 AM »
I'm seeing similar things here in NY.  My Target has been wiped out of Deluxe and Leader class figures for about a week at least.  Maybe a couple protoforms but that's about it.  They have some other figures, including Rachet last I looked, but I haven't paid much attention to the other lines as I'm not interested.  One hope, my Target started their reset this weekend so hopefully when they finish they'll have some new stuff to put out.

My Wal-Mart has some Deluxe Bonecrushers and Swindle but that's about it.  And I think that's because Bonecrusher should have been in the Voyager class, he should be bigger than Ironhide and even Ratchet.

My Wal-Mart did get the Robot Replicas in a week or so ago.  I almost picked up Bumblebee but passed.  They look pretty good in robot mode since Hasbro didn't have to cut corners for the transformation.   

Still waiting on the concept Deluxe Bumblebee.  I don't think it's even come up for sale on HasbroToyShop.com yet.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 30, 2007, 09:48 AM »
Same situation with the movie line around here. Nothing but Bonecrushers and Swindles as far as the eye can see. Maybe TRU will have something other than those two, but it's usually just the protoforms.
At least there's a few Leaders and Voyagers out there in the wild. But that's about it. I wonder how bad the hunt for the Concept BB is really going to be. It's sucked so far, but I hope it isn't as fruitless as my Joe hunt has been.

I've noticed the same thing as the rest of you.  The Transformers movie toys are all but wiped out around here, aside from the usual suspects (Swindle, Bonecrusher, and sometimes Protoforms).  Outside of those, I don't know that Target or WM has any other movie figures on the pegs right now.  TRU is a little bit better, as I think you can find some of the voyager class stuff there - at least there was some the last time I was there.  No sign of Concept Bumblebee here either, although he must have been at our WM at some point (saw the Arcee from that wave there).  I've been watching HTS as much as possible though, hoping he'll pop up there.  I've noticed that some of the Classics Primes from our WM are starting to sell now, probably to parents who can't find a movie version.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 30, 2007, 12:46 PM »
HTS just pulled Rodimus from my cart right before I was going to check out  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 31, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Still pissed at HTS for stealing my Rodiums out of my cart, but.....at least they gave me a 3 minute window before he was gone  :'(

Anyone else seen the pics for the rest of the movie line/classics/universe/toon?

Really diggin the Sunstreaker and Octane they have lined up for classics.  The toon line looks interesting to say the least.  This is the first "toony" looking line for Transformers so I'm looking forward to it. 

I also hear that the Seacons set is being given to the TFCollector group which really sucks because now I'll never own this set.  You know the group that robbed us all of the final seekers??  Here's their excuse.....

The club is aware of the Fans dismay over the classics molds in the set but felt that since Hasbro had no plans to make the molds, this would be the one chance fans had to get them.

Kinda makes sense as Hasbo hasn't released all 6 seekers in any one line since G1, but it still sucks.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:07 PM by iFett »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 31, 2007, 09:14 PM »
ok i really dont know what they are called but the TF that dont transform finally made its way to a local zellers. but it was not on file :P. Knowing that it should have been around $10-$14 i went to Customer Service to ask anyways. And what did i get....some moron came and told me it was $29.99. i tried to tell him it wasnt and that he was thinking of the wrong line but he kept insisting he was right and then pulled the whole " im not lying i collect these toys myself. you should really get this one its super rare and you'll probably never see it again". i again tried to tell him he was wrong (i really wanted bumblebee) but in the end he made it clear that he had no clue in what he was doing and was just desperate to sell it off. i ended up telling him he should buy it..because it was "super rare and he would never see it again".

heck at that price i was better off buying it from a scalper. zellers sucks when it comes to customer service  >:(
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 31, 2007, 10:12 PM »
Still pissed at HTS for stealing my Rodiums out of my cart, but.....at least they gave me a 3 minute window before he was gone  :'(

Anyone else seen the pics for the rest of the movie line/classics/universe/toon?

I didn't see this - thanks for posting!  All of the classics figs look good to me - sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Octane!  Not impressed by the Allspark crap or the animated figures - I'll pass on those.  I'm very dissapointed to see no Alternators in the lineup - is this line dead?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 1, 2007, 07:12 AM »
I'm very dissapointed to see no Alternators in the lineup - is this line dead?

Yes....sad, but true. I guess they milked as many chararcters/molds they could.  Comicon ALT Rodimus was the very last one after WM's Rumble & Ravage.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 1, 2007, 04:15 PM »
I'm very dissapointed to see no Alternators in the lineup - is this line dead?

Yes....sad, but true. I guess they milked as many chararcters/molds they could.  Comicon ALT Rodimus was the very last one after WM's Rumble & Ravage.

I didn't even know about Roddy until you brought him this week.  Have they said this is the end of the line or just assuming that based on everything else that's coming out and no word of more at the CC?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 1, 2007, 05:40 PM »
I'm a bit too lazy at the moment to track down the official word from Hasbro, but it's been confirmed on several websites by the man.....Plus Hasbro has a bit too much on their plate at the moment with the movie/classics 2.0-universe/cartoon/robot heroes.

If you've noticed - all of the Decepticons were all repaints except for the final two - Rumble and Ravage of which had their own unique molds.  Just an observation, but the bots in this line outnumber the cons 18 to 9, plus there weren't really any G1 con cars besides the Stunticons.  I believe Hasbro had a Megatron Caddy on tap, but that went down the drain.

Smokesceen  Subaru WRX
Sideswipe  Dodge Viper
Silverstreak Subaru WRX
Hound  Jeep Wrangler
Dead End  Dodge Viper
Tracks  Chevrolet Corvette
Meister  Mazda RX8
Grimlock  Ford Mustang
Swindle  Jeep Wrangler
Windcharger Honda S2000
Battle Ravage Chevrolet Corvette
Shockblast Mazda RX8
Wheeljack Ford Mustang
Swerve Chevrolet Corvette
Decepticharge Honda S2000
Prowl Acura RSX
Skids Scion xB
Sunstreaker Dodge Viper
Rollbar Jeep Wrangler
Ricochet Subaru WRX
Mirage Ford GT
Optimus Prime Dodge Ram SRT-10
Camshaft Acura RSX
Nemesis Prime Dodge Ram SRT-10
Decepticon Rumble Honda Civic Si (WM)
Ravage Jaguar XK (WM)
Rodimus Fort GT

I've never purchased any of the Binaltech or KISS stuff, but I sure would have enjoyed that extra metal/weight to the toys.....Also a bit to lazy at the moment but I believe there at least 5-6 repaints that we never got in the states.

It's a shame that the Transformers Titanium line bit the dust.  I must admit that the 3" stuff was pure crap, but I really enjoyed the 6" stuff....In fact I just received my order from BBTS with G1 Magnus, WW Megs, and The Fallen.  Beautiful they are  :)
« Last Edit: August 1, 2007, 05:52 PM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #582 on: August 1, 2007, 11:29 PM »
I also hear that the Seacons set is being given to the TFCollector group which really sucks because now I'll never own this set.  You know the group that robbed us all of the final seekers??  Here's their excuse.....

The club is aware of the Fans dismay over the classics molds in the set but felt that since Hasbro had no plans to make the molds, this would be the one chance fans had to get them.

Kinda makes sense as Hasbo hasn't released all 6 seekers in any one line since G1, but it still sucks.

I always thought that was a lame excuse. Hasbro could have had another Target or TRU exclusive with those. It may have taken a while, but it would have happened eventually. Now those Seacons are headed their way, but I saw some pics of the proposed colors, and I don't think I want them. I usually go nuts for G1 toys, but not those.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 1, 2007, 11:57 PM »
I've never purchased any of the Binaltech or KISS stuff, but I sure would have enjoyed that extra metal/weight to the toys.....Also a bit to lazy at the moment but I believe there at least 5-6 repaints that we never got in the states.

It's a shame that the Transformers Titanium line bit the dust.  I must admit that the 3" stuff was pure crap, but I really enjoyed the 6" stuff....In fact I just received my order from BBTS with G1 Magnus, WW Megs, and The Fallen.  Beautiful they are  :)

Remind me to show you the Binaltech Tracks figures I have - I picked up both the yellow and red one back when the US version was impossible to find.  I'm bummed that this line is taking a back seat, but hopefully it will be back someday.  Only one I still want to get out of your list is Nemesis Prime.   :-\

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 3, 2007, 02:10 AM »
I think I've become addicted to these things, I'd only planned on picking up a single movie figure and that would be that, but now I've got five of the movie guys and think I may get more!  :P Really hoping to score a Concept Camaro Bumblebee but from the reports on this board, they seem pretty elusive.