Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363485 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #735 on: December 30, 2007, 10:35 AM »
All I'm looking for from the Allspark line is Cliffjumper - and maaaybe Nightwatch Prime.  I've been finding the Barricade & Longarm "cinema scenes" around at both WM's and Targets.  No way I'm forking over $20 for these sets, but I kinda dig the halved Bumblebee.  I also finally picked up the second movie wave of Robot Heroes.

Meh....Doesn't remind me of Onslaught at all.  Reminds me more of Hotshot v2 from Cybertron.  One of my local buds actually just hooked me up with G1 Bruticus and I'm quite happy with the original version.  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 30, 2007, 11:20 AM »
I saw whatever the Autobot repaint of Swindle was at a TRU while on the road for the holidays.  It was the only TF toy on the shelves at all, which I found somewhat amusing and/or telling. :)  I'm still undecided on Cliffjumper, but I'd definitely like to get the Sector 7 vehicles from the "Allspark Day-Glo Nightmare" collection. 

I had planned on getting the Barricade "screen scene" in the hopes that it would have the "fixed" waist clips and head (like the Recon repaint), but since there's going to be a "premium" version coming soon, I'm just going to hold out for that. 

Meh....Doesn't remind me of Onslaught at all.  Reminds me more of Hotshot v2 from Cybertron.  One of my local buds actually just hooked me up with G1 Bruticus and I'm quite happy with the original version.  :)

Bruticus was the only one of the combiners that I actually had when I was a kid (minus the tank, and I just replaced that leg with one of the Stunticons), and I was very fond of the original Onslaught toy in and of itself.  While this one looks okay, my nerd rage declares it unfit of being called Onslaught.   ;D  Are there more pictures of other Classics 2.0 toys inside the magazine, or is Onslaught just a teaser?

Oh, and I watched the new cartoon "movie" on CN yesterday morning.  It wasn't awful, but it wasn't anything great either.  I will have to get an Animated Starscream toy, though. :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 30, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Oh, and I watched the new cartoon "movie" on CN yesterday morning.  It wasn't awful, but it wasn't anything great either.  I will have to get an Animated Starscream toy, though. :)

Lucky....All of the past TF animated shows were really lame, but I was really looking forward to catching this new version on TV, but I forgot to set my VCR before I left on vacation.  >:( Sounds like Spongebob did good as Screamer though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #738 on: December 30, 2007, 07:22 PM »
Saw the new Allspark Battles (I think that was the title) Legends-scale figures at Target tonight. They were very tempting, but the $8 price tag and the repacked earlier figures made me hold off for now. Typical Hasbro, repacking old stuff with new guys like Brawl and Bonecrusher.

I also saw the Screen Scene things. The only one gone was the set with the Concept BB. I almost bought the one with Payload, but $20 is pretty steep.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 1, 2008, 03:00 PM »
MP Starscream in stock at WM.com

About ******* time.  ::) Anyway, I have one on its way to me now, just before I bit the bullet on ebay.  :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 1, 2008, 04:03 PM »

About ******* time.  ::) Anyway, I have one on its way to me now, just before I bit the bullet on ebay.  :)

Thanks for the tip on this!  I've been wanting one of these, but had given up hope, since I rarely get out to an actual Wal-Mart store.  I did the ship to store delivery - what a great feature!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 1, 2008, 05:38 PM »

No ****!  I've still not seen one of these damned toys at any of my local WMs.  Stooopid WM and your stoooopid distribution process.   >:(  I noticed that they have MP Skywarp on their site for $148.99.  Only 100% more in cost for the black paint.  I really have my doubts now that Hasbro will repaint Screamer in the Hasbro line for the other seekers, but we'll see.

Oh, Doc Padawan/Michael - thanks again  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 1, 2008, 05:59 PM »
That Skywarp brings up an interesting point to me. I'm sure Skywarp isn't dumbed down enough to be sold in American stores (short missiles, dangerous plastic, etc.) so I'm surprised that Wal-Mart allows third-party sellers to sell Skywarp and the Encore Megatron on their site. They're so careful about anything litigation-related.

Then again, maybe the ridiculous price will scare idiot parents away from them.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 9, 2008, 03:27 AM »
Got my Masterpiece Starscream from WM.com today. Is it worth $50 ($60 after shipping)?
I didn't think so, but it's the best I'm going to do on this one, and it's still pretty neat. I transformed it into the jet mode and started making laser blast sounds, so this thing succeeded on some level in impressing me.  ::) :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 9, 2008, 10:52 AM »
You should have just used the site to store thing.  Worked pretty well for me last time I used it.  I've yet to crack open my Screamer yet, guess I'm waiting for my Megs first.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 9, 2008, 01:18 PM »
I thought about that, but then I remembered I trusted WM less than UPS, so I paid to have it shipped.  :) It wouldn't have been available until Friday with the Site-to-Store, so I guess the extra ten in shipping was worth it.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 9, 2008, 01:23 PM »
You should have just used the site to store thing.  Worked pretty well for me last time I used it.  I've yet to crack open my Screamer yet, guess I'm waiting for my Megs first.   :-\

I did this a little over a week ago, but have yet to be notified that WM got it in.   >:(  Hope it still comes, what with it already being paid for and all.   >:(  >:(  >:(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 13, 2008, 01:49 PM »
Upgrade set for MP Starscream

Looks pretty neat. I'll never buy another MP Starscream just for the cape and crown, so I'm glad someone is making a set like this.
I'm wondering how much people will charge for it when it comes out.  :o

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 13, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Upgrade set for MP Starscream

Looks pretty neat. I'll never buy another MP Starscream just for the cape and crown, so I'm glad someone is making a set like this.
I'm wondering how much people will charge for it when it comes out.  :o

Pretty.  I won't buy it though unless there's another different seeker US release with this included.  Doesn't look like it'd be too expensive though.

Just checking out the rumor list list and found the following:

MARVEL TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVERS
Wave 1 - June 2008
Wave 2 - August 2008

Any ideas ???

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 13, 2008, 03:53 PM »

I did this a little over a week ago, but have yet to be notified that WM got it in.   >:(  Hope it still comes, what with it already being paid for and all.   >:(  >:(  >:(

STILL no Starscream at Wal-Mart.   >:(