Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358866 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers toys
« Reply #60 on: February 5, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Bought my first Alternator today. It's Wheeljack. I decided to get him since my local TRU knocked off $5 because it was in a destroyed box. Everything including the instructions were there, which was good, since this a complex Transformer.

I can't believe I waited this long to buy an Alternator. Holy crow, this thing is awesome. Now I'm going to go nuts looking for the ones I've missed like Hound, Shockblast, Smokescreen, Jazz/Meister,  and some Decepticons.

There's also an Optimus Prime that turns into a Dodge Ram coming up in the line (which is also where I'll get my Shockblast since he comes in the same case) but I think I'll try to get one of those 20th Anniversary Primes to go with these Alternators.

And, I found this kitbash a while back.

Megatron as a Humvee. I hear the guy who made it used the Grimlock/Wheeljack body and attached some 1:24 scale model parts to it to make it. I wish I had that talent, or Takara/Hasbro would make one.

I doubt this Binaltech/Alternators line will continue much longer, since Takara isn't going to use the Dodge Ram mold. Hasbro will, but Takara isn't. Weird.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 6, 2006, 08:37 AM »
When the TRU re-issue of Side Swipe was released, I never saw it. I had picked up Optimus, but Side Swipe was the only other than I wanted (my brother got our transformers, I got our SW.) Well, KB has gotten in the Side swipe and is getting rid of them for $15, just in case anyone is interested.

My local KB has like 50 of them. I'm going to wait for clearance like TRU did. If anyone needs one, I have (5) TRU Tracks re-issues left...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 6, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Glad to see someone else on this site that's interested in the Alts.  I've been collecting them since Smokescreen was released and I'm up to Skids and Sunstreaker right now.  I've heard reports that Rollbar (D) and Ricohet (A) are hitting stores in case you're interested.

I haven't had a chance yet to transform Grimlock or Wheeljack back into their vehicle modes and frankly, I'm not looking forward to it.  These things are pretty complex and it takes a lot of fiddling with them to become good at transforming them back and forth so I pretty much either leave them all in the vehicle modes or the alt forms which I "alternate" every few months or so.

Hope you find the other guys you're looking for and I hope you enjoy the line!

Mike
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 6, 2006, 09:59 AM »
I've been very tempted in the alternators. Very old school. What Transformers should be.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 7, 2006, 01:56 AM »
When the TRU re-issue of Side Swipe was released, I never saw it. I had picked up Optimus, but Side Swipe was the only other than I wanted (my brother got our transformers, I got our SW.) Well, KB has gotten in the Side swipe and is getting rid of them for $15, just in case anyone is interested.

My local KB has like 50 of them. I'm going to wait for clearance like TRU did. If anyone needs one, I have (5) TRU Tracks re-issues left...

Hey, I'm looking for one of those Tracks reissues, as well as a Sideswipe reissue. I have good cash.  :)

I saw Cybertron Downshift today. I almost picked it up, but I decided to wait and see if Rollbar shows up this week. Don't want to spend too much on TFs this week, after all.

I also noticed those Beast Wars reissues are really sitting around. Now, some might say they deserve it, but I was kind of hoping they'd get to Tigatron and Scorponok eventually. It looks like these two series they have planned might be it. Which sucks. They want way too much for these, so that's what kills them in my eyes. $15 for a mold that was paid for a decade ago, not to mention for $10 back then. Sure, you get a DVD and a piece of Transmutate, but I doubt that's worth an extra $5.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Mirage and Optimus Prime Alternators.

I am so picking up Mirage. I'm undecided on Prime. I'd rather spend that money to acquire the 20th Anniversary Prime.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2006, 10:09 PM »
http://www.hasbro.com/media/pl/page.release/dn/default.cfm?release=452

Hasbro press release says they will be doing 3" scale Transformers in the Titanium Series AND 6" Titanium Transformers that actually transform?   :o

"Throughout the year, the TITANIUM SERIES universe will continue to expand with the addition of vehicles and figures from TRANSFORMERS...

... to be introduced in July 2006, will include a variety of unique 3” robots as well as fully changeable 6” robots. Each one comes with a display base. "

Should be interesting to see how they turn out.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2006, 11:26 PM »
Yeah, I can only imagine how expensive a 6" TF that's made out of die-cast will cost.  :o

There's also Transformers Attacktix. I saw a big box full of Star Wars and Transformers characters, labeled Star Wars vs. Transformers.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2006, 04:38 PM »
I received an Alternators Shockwave (screw the 'Shockblast' name) and G1 Astrotrain from HTS today.

Great stuff.  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2006, 01:55 AM »
I was just putsing around the net and found this interesting clip on a robot transformer.  8)

WR-07: A Real Transformer

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2006, 11:10 PM »
Transnemesis Prime Alternator.  Can't wait to see when the true pics finally pan out.

Next Masterpiece??  Starscream.  Many o repaints coming out if this holds to be true.

Gen 1 Revisited Astrotrain due out next year supposedly with other bots.

http://www.allspark.com/albums/album17/20060318035157903127_G.jpg
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 09:40 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 3, 2006, 11:50 PM »
I hear that the Masterpiece Starscream has been confirmed. As for the inevitable repaints, I plan to stick to just Starscream and Skywarp.

Can't wait to see the rest of the series Astrotrain belongs to.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2006, 10:13 PM »
Alternators Rumble!  I'm sure that Frenzy is inevitable.  Gotta love that G1 wink of the tape deck chest thing he has going on plus the guns shooting up from the back.

"A twist here, and a turn there and you'll find this amazing robot figure changes into a Honda Civic Si vehicle! This model features a detailed interior and working pile drivers. You can even open the hatchback!" - WM.com

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2006, 03:16 PM »
I saw that Rumble pic on another forum and the first thing I noticed was the cassette tape design for the chest.

I wonder what they mean by working pile drivers. Now I just need to find a pic of him in car mode.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2006, 10:33 PM »
I think what they mean by "workng pile drivers" is that they can move in and out of his upper arm sections.  By no way would they stick electronics in this guy.