Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358835 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2006, 07:17 PM »
My local Target, in their infinite customer service friendliness, had taken all of their TF MFs back in the stockroom before the sale and only returned them once the sale was over.  And people wonder how Target gets their bad reputation among collectors.   ::)

Toys R Us, on the other hand, had plenty of Starscreams on the shelves at half price, so some child is getting one from Toys For Tots because of that.   :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #136 on: November 29, 2006, 11:09 PM »
More movie toy prototypes.

They don't suck like the protoform Screamer and Prime, but then again, NO PICS OF 'BOT MODES! Argh. What kind of doofus takes pictures of TF toys and doesn't take a picture of the robot?

Still, it will be neat to own the Jazz/Solstice one, since that's probably the only way I'll ever get to own a Pontiac Solstice.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2006, 11:14 PM »
I managed to pick up a Han/Chewie set on Saturday when I picked up the Shuttle. I sincerely doubted that Target sold every unit they had on Friday, and sure enough, there were a lot more on Saturday night. I found it hard to believe that the 125 or more units they had were sold before 2 PM on Friday.

Look at it this way- whatever Target didn't sell during that sale, they're going to have to offer on clearance after Christmas, and probably for cheaper.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 1, 2006, 02:51 PM »
Look at it this way- whatever Target didn't sell during that sale, they're going to have to offer on clearance after Christmas, and probably for cheaper.

Cool, then I can finally buy one just for the Chewie. I refuse to pay $25+ for that...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 1, 2006, 11:17 PM »
I agree. I wouldn't miss it for the retail price, but knock it down to $15, and I'll gladly buy one.

I found Grimlock and Mirage at WM tonight. I saw about six Mirages and only two Grimlocks.  ::) I'd like to meet the goofball that thought up these early wave 2 case assortments. But anyway, I'm glad to finally have these two after weeks of searching high and low for them.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 2, 2006, 02:06 PM »
Ya, I've found Jetfire, Mirage, & Grimlock in the past two weeks.  All of my classics are still in my trunk and I've yet to get to rip any of them open.  I guess I'm waiting for Christmas to give myself a nice gift.   :-\

I may be out of the loop, but what do we have to look forward to after the UM vs. SW pack, Cliffjumper, & Ramjet?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 3, 2006, 03:46 PM »
Ya, I've found Jetfire, Mirage, & Grimlock in the past two weeks.

I've yet to see hide nor hair of them at any retailer around me.  Wal-Mart doesn't even have any space set aside for Classics on the pegs, and Target is packed to the gills with wave one of the Deluxe and Voyager classes.  TRU is so pathetic it's not even funny, since not only have they not stocked any Classics in about a month (outside of the Megatron vs. Prime two pack), they also, as previously mentioned, jacked the price of the Deluxe class up to 12.99.   ::)

I did notice that Target is having a sale on Classics this week (I assume this is nationwide) with the Voyager assortment (Prime and Megatron) at 17.99, and the Deluxe assortment (SS, BB, Rodimus, and Astrotrain) at 8.99.  They also had the 20th Anniversary Prime on sale for 62.99.  Not a big discount on those, but a discount nonetheless.

I may be out of the loop, but what do we have to look forward to after the UM vs. SW pack, Cliffjumper, & Ramjet?

I think the only thing I've seen outside of those is the WM Exclusive Devastator box set.  Boxed images of that just showed up on Ebay earlier this week according to one of the TF site (I can't remember which one), but I've yet to hear or see anything solid on when UM vs. SW will show up.  I'm hoping to have found Mirage, Grimlock, and Jetfire by then, though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 3, 2006, 07:38 PM »
DP - Check your Targets for Mirage & Grimlock.  The times that I've found them was buried deep on the pegs.  My WM's suck extreme ass here in MN.  Jetfire for me - I think that was a freak accident at WM though as they had a few stuffed up on the overhead shelves - in the wrong aisle I might add. 

I'm tempted to bite at that 20th Prime at Target though so I can chuck my MP on Ebay and buy replacement stacks.  How did I have to end up with a ****** version that can't transform properly?  Now that I see how sweet Masterpiece Megs looks...I'm tempted, but I'm bound to get a broken leg version.

Oh, and the Devastator set are Energon repaints....I was just wondering if there would be any "new" Classics.  Repaints, or new molds.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 12, 2006, 09:42 PM »
I lucked out and got Grimlock this morning at Target.  No sign of Mirage, so I assume Target did their typical "stock half a case and forget the rest" thing, and Grimlock luckily made it out.  Nice toy, although the transformation process is a little confusing.  Still, it made for an entertaining morning at work. :)

TRU also got what I guess are now called the "Mini-Cons" the other day.  That was the first TF thing they've stocked in a while (since the Prime vs. Megatron two packs), and I recall seeing some dinosaurs, some Decepticon vehicles, and some Autobot vehicles, but as I recognized no one, I passed.  Just a heads-up to those who might be looking for them.

Still no sign of anything at Wal-Mart other than Prime and Megatron.   :-\

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 13, 2006, 09:47 AM »

I'm tempted to bite at that 20th Prime at Target though so I can chuck my MP on Ebay and buy replacement stacks.  How did I have to end up with a ****** version that can't transform properly?  Now that I see how sweet Masterpiece Megs looks...I'm tempted, but I'm bound to get a broken leg version.

Where can you get replacement stacks? I'd like to get a set for my 20th Anniv Prime...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2006, 11:41 AM »
Check out the thread at Tfans.  Fourth page under the Talk button about half way down in the Transformers Toy Descussion Topic.  "Long stacks for Hasbro "Masterpiece" Prime.  I'm unable to link to the page for some reason, but agesthreeandup.com has em for $10.99.  I'd read the buyer's comments in the thread though.  I've heard they're awesome though and easy to replace.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 12:00 PM by iFett »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 13, 2006, 02:26 PM »
Mike -

With that set do you get 2 of each, or just the 1 of each? I wouldn't mind putting longer stacks on Prime, but I don't want to have to shell out 22 bucks + shipping for such a small part on the toy.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2006, 03:13 PM »
You get 2 long chrome stacks for $10.99 + shipping.  The pic was just a comparrison of the original US stack, unpainted custom, painted custom.  Not a bad deal.  Trust me, it'll make your Prime.....Prime  :D  I think it makes him look like a different toy.  You may not think so on such a small accessory, but you'll like it.  ;)

Ryan - here's your 20th Prime with MP02.....purty!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 03:26 PM by iFett »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 26, 2006, 03:23 PM »
Received the Titanium Series 3' Megatron for X-Mas.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2006, 09:41 AM »
Received the Titanium Series 3' Megatron for X-Mas.

Which did you receive - Beast Wars or Cybertron Megatron?  I think they look horrid though.  I found a 3" Galvatron last night complete w/G1 sticker on the bubble - really liking this one.  I'm pretty sure that he shipped with a battle damaged Prime, but I'm not sure who else would be in this wave.