Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360239 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #405 on: June 4, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Sweet!  Thanks for the pic  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 4, 2007, 10:25 AM »
It was definitely a Transformers weekend out there.  I was out and about looking for VTSC, and it was kind of neat seeing all the Transformers stuff.  I think it was selling pretty well actually too, I saw a lot of people checking it out anyways - even more so than the Spidey 3 weekend I think.  I have to admit, I'm half tempted to pick one or two things up.  Having just the Prime would be kind of neat, but that might be too much for me to spend on another "other" line :).  Maybe Bumblebee would be a better choice.  The Robot Heroes packs were awfully tempting as well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 4, 2007, 11:32 AM »
The Robot Heroes packs were awfully tempting as well.

Those were the toys I was most looking foward to picking up on Saturday - besides Prime.  I think I even heard that Jeff was going to be collecting the lil guys as well.  :o
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 4, 2007, 11:54 AM »
I LOVE the new Robot Heroes line! So far i've picked up Prime/Ravage and Megs/Magnus with intentions on getting the rest. My heart will always be with G1 so these are right up my alley and the price doesn't hurt the wallet too much. I also picked up my long-desired Optimash Prime. This is easily the BEST potato head they've put out yet. Keeping it G1 and including the Cab are HUGE pluses. Could a Megatron be next?  8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 5, 2007, 12:35 AM »
The Robot Heroes packs were awfully tempting as well.

Those were the toys I was most looking foward to picking up on Saturday - besides Prime.  I think I even heard that Jeff was going to be collecting the lil guys as well.  :o

I haven't read this thread for at least a month, so I didn't even know they were coming out until I saw them at WM today.  I was so tempted to grab them, they'd look great with my SW Galactic Heroes.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #410 on: June 5, 2007, 09:07 AM »
I picked up two packs today for my son...

Hoping they will be around for me to get him all... But having him collect the GH, Marvel Heroes, Spidey Heroes, these... It's alot...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 6, 2007, 02:34 PM »
I stopped to check for some TAC Wave 3 figures today (no luck), and took a look at the Robot Heroes packs.  I couldn't resist, and picked up the Optimus/Ravage pack.  The look of them really reminds me of the cartoon I grew up watching, even in the "Galactic Heroish" style.  I probably should have skipped it, because now I'd like to pick up some more.  Is there a list of what two packs are out now?  I see the ones listed on Hasbro's site are the following:

Optimus Prime/Ravage
Grimlock/Shockwave
Mirage/Starscream
Rodimus/Insecticon
Ultra Magnus/Megatron
Bumblebee/Soundwave

Decepticon Sneak Attack Pack

I didn't know if any further packs were rumored, if these were all technically out now, or what.  They are pretty neat.
« Last Edit: June 6, 2007, 02:58 PM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 6, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Well I know that Optimus/Unicron & Thundercracker/Jazz are coming according to AP, but I've not seen anything else about this line.  I sure hope it continues though as mm mmm mmm I'm lovin it!!  I think it be great to get some of the combiners ala the Marvel Galactucus cinema scene.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 6, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Decepticon Sneak Attack Pack

3 Walmarts checked and still no signs of this set. I know theor website has it but I don't want to pay the shipping if I don't have to..

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #414 on: June 7, 2007, 10:04 AM »
Ditto here. I can't find it....

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #415 on: June 9, 2007, 12:26 AM »
I just picked up the Target exclusive Robo-Vision Prime. This Automorph Technology will be the death of me. But otherwise, it's OK. Probably not as awesome as the Leader version, but it's OK for $20. I don't think it's possible for a TF to have any more kibble on the back than our boy Prime here.

Still looking for Bonecrusher.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 9, 2007, 04:17 PM »
Ya, I'm waiting for the RV Prime to hit clearance as I have the leader class.  Superior vs. Inferior...ya you get it.   ;)

Oh, and I finally spotted Megs for the first time today  :o

I like him.....ALOT!!

it's just to bad that I didn't have enough cash to pick him up, but I finally got my USPS stamp set out of the way before I forgot to snag one.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #417 on: June 9, 2007, 05:10 PM »
Scored a Bonecrusher late last night. Why, oh why is he not a Voyager class toy?

The Leader Primes went pretty quick around here. But I probably won't get that one until after I see the movie.

And if you guys are looking for Robot Heroes, try out-of-the-way WMs. I found several complete sets there, but no exclusives.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 10, 2007, 01:33 AM »
Well, after passing by these many times in the isles, i finally broke down and picked up a Barricade, and he is tres awesome. I think i may have to pick up a few more now. This doesn't bode well for my wallet....

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 10, 2007, 02:23 PM »
Scored a Bonecrusher late last night. Why, oh why is he not a Voyager class toy?

Yeah, no kidding, Ben.  It seems like, design-wise, he is one of the more interesting Decepticons in robot mode, but the toy's size just doesn't take advantage of that all that well.  I'd like to see them eventually do a Voyager class version of him, as the deluxe class version, while neat, just seems disappointing after seeing the "freeway" clips of him and Prime fighting.

I picked up Swindle earlier in the week on lunch break and, as I feared, he's pretty pointless.  He's featured in the prequel comic book/TPB (along with that Dreadwing guy and Arcee), but it still doesn't keep the toy from sucking.   :-\

On a happier note, I gave in and picked up four of the Robot Heroes two packs.  These guys are really cute and cool, and I'm probably going to end up getting the rest of them now.  I assume there will be Movie Version RHs at some point in the future?