Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362479 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #435 on: June 20, 2007, 11:02 AM »
Yeah, I was up early this week and noticed that Transformers: Cybertron was on Cartoon Network, so I checked it out.  Maybe it was just a bad episode, but I didn't care for it, and couldn't keep watching it.  I guess I am maybe too used to the old days :P.  I think I might have seen an episode of RiD as well, but it was quite awhile back.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 21, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I finally found the Optimus Prime w/Matrix & Unicron robot heroes pack. This thing is AWESOME! The best set yet IMO. I really hope this line continues...

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 21, 2007, 03:24 PM »
Yeah, I was up early this week and noticed that Transformers: Cybertron was on Cartoon Network, so I checked it out.  Maybe it was just a bad episode, but I didn't care for it, and couldn't keep watching it.  I guess I am maybe too used to the old days :P.  I think I might have seen an episode of RiD as well, but it was quite awhile back.

Aside from actually locating the toys in stores when I was a Kid (which is how I discovered Transformers) it was the comic mini series and the extended comic series that defined Transformers for me growing up. The same thing with He-Man but that's another thread. It took me a bit to get into either cartoon after reading the comics. I like the new line, don't get me wrong, but for me G1 is what Transformers was and megatron will always be a Walther P-38. The new stuff though is starting to bring me around though. I did start picking up the RID line. I just never liked the idea of the characters changing designs. Slight upgrades to the toys sure but complete overhauls drove me nuts. Then again, I'm old. On another not, I dig those Heroes packs. Those are pretty sweet.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 24, 2007, 01:13 PM »
The local Target got in a case of the new Robot Heroes wave this past Friday with the Jazz/Thundercracker and Prime/Unicron packs.  Very neat little figures, especially Prime with the Matrix.  I figured they would just wind up sticking new arms on the first Prime body, but it looks to be a totally new figure.  Unicron's cool as well, although I wish they would have (and maybe they still will) done him in the same scale as those Sentinel/Galactus Superhero Squad figures that are supposedly coming soon for that line.

One warning, though:  Jazz's head isn't supposed to turn, which I found out the hard way.  :'(

Still no sign of the Decepticon Sneak Attack 5-pack at any WM, though, and I'm starting to get a little worried about it.  I may end up having to order it from the site so they can ship it to my backwoods hellhole of a store and subsequently lose it under their ever-present mountain of Garth Brooks boxsets.  ::)

Oh, and I got my ticket for the 07/02 8:00 showing of the movie!  I AM NERD WIN!  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 24, 2007, 06:03 PM »
I found the Prime vs. Megs 6" excl tite pack at TRU yesterday.  I would have bought it if I didn't already own that version of Prime.  That new Megs looks pretty sweet though.  Seems like Targets and Walmarts have completely done away with the 6" Titanium line which is a real shame.  Oh and I finally picked up my Leader Movie Megs - I like him..I just hope I'll still like him when I crack him open.

I finally popped into a WM yesterday and found that Prime of the Ages thing or whatever boxed set for $18.  Looks like good clearance fodder to me, but WM's not very good at clearancing out old toys.  No signs of the RH 5 pack of course.

Oh, and I got my ticket for the 07/02 8:00 showing of the movie!  I AM NERD WIN!  ;D

I'm going to do the same.  I'm not worried that this showing will sell out, but at least I won't have to make a midnight moive trip to make me sleepy at work.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #440 on: June 24, 2007, 06:22 PM »
I'm kind of torn about what show I'll be going to. I could take off early on Monday, but I have the rest of that week off (4th, 5th, and 6th) as it is, and really don't want to burn more time off.

I suppose I'll go on the 5th, so crowds won't be too crazy.

I picked up the TRU exclusive Blackout and Scorponok 2-pack this weekend. I haven't opened it yet, but it looks pretty neat. I just couldn't see myself paying $10 for Scorponok, so thankfully TRU had this exclusive.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 25, 2007, 02:29 AM »
Here a cool Megatron for all you Revoltech figures collecotrs.

http://www.ningyoushi.com/product_p/rev017-a1.htm

Thanks for the link!  I decided to order one, along with Prime - they look like they'll be a lot of fun to pose since they're superarticulated.  8)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 25, 2007, 06:35 PM »
ohhh pretty!!

Looks as if they've got a fantastic crew on board for this series, and low and behold - Prime is another fire truck..yet again, but man -  I'm diggin that animation style!!   :o  I just hope that we get a good story in this one especially with it being on the heels of the movie.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #443 on: June 26, 2007, 08:11 AM »
Here a cool Megatron for all you Revoltech figures collecotrs.

http://www.ningyoushi.com/product_p/rev017-a1.htm

Is it me or are they a bit on the small side ?

ohhh pretty!!

Looks as if they've got a fantastic crew on board for this series, and low and behold - Prime is another fire truck..yet again, but man -  I'm diggin that animation style!!   :o  I just hope that we get a good story in this one especially with it being on the heels of the movie.

I don't know... looks a little over the top... even for a toony.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 28, 2007, 12:11 PM »
Here's what's next for the RH line.

I can understand wanting to make movie versions of these guys, but I sure hope they don't just ditch the whole G1 thing they had going on.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 28, 2007, 04:31 PM »
Here's what's next for the RH line.

I can understand wanting to make movie versions of these guys, but I sure hope they don't just ditch the whole G1 thing they had going on.

YIKES! Well there's $25 i'll be saving...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #446 on: June 29, 2007, 02:45 AM »
PEPSI OPTIMUS PRIME arrives in the US: Exclusively at BotCon 2007 and Hasbrotoyshop.com

I figured this would happen. It's supposed to be $25, which I'll gladly fork over so I can stop buying Pepsi products. It'd be nice to know if I won one from the promotion already, but since I don't, I'll buy this.

I just wish the Botcon exclusive set of Seekers was on HTS too, even for $100.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #447 on: June 29, 2007, 09:06 AM »
Found the Robot Heroes 5-pack at a local Wal-mart priced at $8.49.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 29, 2007, 03:40 PM »
I really like the idea of that Pepsi Prime, but it's just those short stacks that just totally ruins an otherwise great idea.  Makes it look like a very inferior toy IMO.  Still, it'd probably be cheaper to buy the US version then get some replacement stacks from ages3+, but I dunno...

I can't even believe that Hasbro had thoughts about releasing Brave Max in the RID line.  Even if it didn't pass the infamous drop test, that thing is just a huge weapon that could really hurt somebody, yet they have to pick on G1 Prime and butcher his stacks so some dumb kid doesn't sit on him?  Geesh..  ::)

Probably not the best comparison, but Hasbro doesn't butcher to many things G1 - usually just makes them longer as in the TRU reissues from a few years back.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 29, 2007, 07:02 PM »
As reported at Botcon....Masterpiece Starscream will be a WM exclusive for $60 come this Fall.  Not much news on the linky, but it's something.

Great news....if I can find him that is  :-\