Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360340 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #495 on: July 9, 2007, 06:57 PM »
I only have one Alternator (Ricochet) and he is a royal pain to transform, so I can't imagine how a child would be able to convert him without cursing like a drunken bending unit.

Believe it or not...the Subaru mold is actually one of the easiest of the ALTS to transform.  :-X

..Seriously  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 9, 2007, 11:07 PM »
I must admit that, since I've seen the movie (twice now), I keep getting closer and closer to buying some of the movie toys.  I was pretty big into Transformers as a kid and still have a ton of G1 stuff, but I've managed not to buy anything since then.  I'm thinking of getting a few of the Deluxe vehicles, a couple of the Voyagers, and maybe Prime and Megatron.  For those of you that already have these, which toys would you recommend to someone who doesn't intend to buy them all?  I'm really interested in Ironhide and Barricade.  How are they?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 10, 2007, 10:42 AM »
Ironhide blew me away onscreen and by far I think he's the best movie toy other than Leader Prime.  He just looks so freakin evil and badassish even though he's one of the good guys.  Very articulated accept for some limited movement in the arms.  He's even pretty simple to transform so that's always a plus.  Barricade...Well he looks really good as a Mustang, not so good in his robot form IMO.  His legs are really wanky so it's hard to get him to stand properly, and I really don't like the way his head looks, but he's not bad for $10 if you're looking to get started somewhere.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 10, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Great!  Thanks for the help.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 10, 2007, 12:52 PM »
Targets (should) have a new endcap set up in the front by the registers containing a bunch of deluxes and new four packs of LOC type toys which is just as lame as the last set they had IMO.

Proto Prime
Movie Prime
Proto Megs?
Cybertron Megs

lame..

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 10, 2007, 09:20 PM »
Targets (should) have a new endcap set up in the front by the registers containing a bunch of deluxes and new four packs of LOC type toys which is just as lame as the last set they had IMO.

Proto Prime
Movie Prime
Proto Megs?
Cybertron Megs

lame..

Yeah, mine's had these for the last three weeks or so.  They put them out around the same time they put out the Clearance Destiny Titanium three-pack.  Not only are the eight pegs afforded to the Deluxe class filled with Protoform Starscreams and Primes, the packaging for this new Legends four pack is almost identical to the last pack, and includes two of the same figures. 

It's basically Movie Prime, Cybertron Prime, Movie Megatron, Cybertron Megatron, and nothing interesting to entice folks into buying it.  See you in the clearance aisle exclusive four pack!

Add me to the "Ironhide is friggin' awesome" choir.  I got mine about a week or so early from Amazon (I think I sang its praises a few pages back), and it really is a fun toy with decent articulation and a great likeness to the movie model.  Heck, I'll even go so far as to say there isn't one of the first four Voyager class TFs (Ironhide, Starscream, Ratchet, and Blackout) that isn't a 9 out of 10 in my eyes at this point, with Starscream being my personal favorite, although Blackout gets cooler every time I transform him.

That being said, out of the TF Movie toys I've gotten so far, I can't say any of them are really disappointing, except for maybe Bonecrusher's size, Brawl's inability to keep his arms attached to his torso, and Swindle, well, in general.  Even Scorponok, whose transformation is minimal (and probably not even necessary) is a great toy in and of itself, made even better through his rather well-thought out interaction with Blackout. 

Yet again, and this goes out to Neal and anyone else on the fence, the movie stuff is addictive, but the best part about it is that there's nothing that isn't worth its retail price amongst stuff that was actually in the film.  Even the non-film stuff like Wreckage or Booster X10 is top-shelf quality.  In the first batch of stuff at retail right now, there isn't much you could go wrong with.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 10, 2007, 10:20 PM »
Yet again, and this goes out to Neal and anyone else on the fence, the movie stuff is addictive ...

Yeah.  That's what I'm afraid of.

;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 11, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Here's a snipit from Joel's email from BBTS:

TRANSFORMER MOVIE - WAVE 2: Late friday night we'll be listing a big
batch of new Transformer Movie figures! We can't give specifics yet, but
these new items will be available: 4 new Voyagers, 5 new Deluxe, 6 new
Movie Robot Replicas, 8 New Robot Hero 2-packs, 5 Transformers T.E.C.H., 2
Unleashed, 1 Leader and much more!

I have a pretty good idea of what the Voyagers and Deluxes will be, but 8 new RH packs??  Appears that 4 are from the movie based on past photos, but I hope the other sets are more G1ish.  Also not too sure what Transformers T.E.C.H. is...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 11, 2007, 11:55 PM »
Well, I broke down today and finally bought a Transformer figure from the new movie.  I picked up an Ironhide which I'd been looking at since the movie hit last week.  Plus it was on sale at Target.

Pretty nice figure.  Took me almost an hour to transform him to robot mode and back the first time, though.  I have no idea how kids do it!  I think if I was 10 or so I'd have the thing in pieces the first time and that would be it.

Still holding out for the modern Camaro Bumblebee before I pick up another, though.  I'll probably also get either Barricade or Blackout...probably Barricade to go with Bumblebee.

Target also had some new sets today marked with an exclusive tag.  They had Arcee, Hard Top and one other one.  I hadn't seen them before.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 12, 2007, 01:25 AM »
Congrats E!  Welcome back  :D

My Ironhide is sitting here next to my printer as I type and he's very happy about your purchase.  :D  I do agree that the current evolution of these toys makes them much more difficult from the good ol days, but it's still fun to some extent.

Target also had some new sets today marked with an exclusive tag.  They had Arcee, Hard Top and one other one.  I hadn't seen them before.

E...

Those would be the basics that are all repaints from Energon/Cyberton.  I've only bit on the Ravage/Battle Ravage basics from Energon from any of the lines but these new colors on new cards sure make them look good, but $7.99 is a bit too much for them IMO.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 12, 2007, 10:07 AM »
One thing that I found interesting on those new Basics vehicles is that they used both a motorcycle and a fast attack vehicle in the film and these vehicles are out there.  Not having followed the TF line I'm not that familiar with what vehicles are represented in the toy line already but I wonder if Bay and the producers looked and then used vehicles in the film that they could easily adapt toys for as well as include as robots in a sequel?

As for Ironhide, after I played around with him more last night I got so I could transform him in a few minutes rather than the hour it took the first time.  I still have problems with the center part putting him back into Topkick mode but other than that I really like it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 12, 2007, 11:28 AM »
Hope you guys don't mind me posting this gem of an auction:

Ultimate G1 Transformer Auction - $1MM

Any idea what this lot is worth?

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 12, 2007, 03:05 PM »
Hope you guys don't mind me posting this gem of an auction:

Ultimate G1 Transformer Auction - $1MM

Any idea what this lot is worth?

No way is that worth $1M. Nice sob story and all but it's not worth that much...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 12, 2007, 04:04 PM »