Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 364839 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #525 on: July 16, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Plenty of Ratchets to go around, although Blackout, Ironhide, and (particularly) Starscream are getting scarce.  Primes outnumber Megatrons by about 10:1 at this point, which I'm kind of surprised by.

Things are a little different here, depending on what stores you go to.  I swear that TRU got cases of Voyager-class vehicles that only contained Starscream and Ironhide, because those are the only two Voyagers that both local TRUs have, and they have a ****-ton of them.  That damn Ironhide is still calling to me .....

I actually see more Megatrons than Primes around here, but the ratio is much closer than 10:1.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 16, 2007, 09:41 PM »
[That damn Ironhide is still calling to me .....

Let him continue to keep doing so.  He's one of the best bots I've seen in all of the recent lines.  You won't be disappointed.  ;)  I'm still having problems with transforming Megs which is really pissing me off....Ironhide is a true gem though...fantastic toy

**One of my local Targets has completley sold out of RoboPrime, yet the Unleashed BB + tite 3pack are still warming at 25% off as of the past few weeks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 09:45 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 16, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Let him continue to keep doing so.  He's one of the best bots I've seen in all of the recent lines.  You won't be disappointed.  ;)  I'm still having problems with transforming Megs which is really pissing me off....Ironhide is a true gem though...fantastic toy

I don't think I'll be able to hold out much longer.  I finally opened Bumblebee tonight, and I absolutely love it.  I'll need to get a few more of these .....

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 17, 2007, 12:23 AM »
Go get Ironhide!  It was the first one I picked up, as I mentioned, and it's a pretty awesome piece.

I also snagged a deluxe Barricade on Saturday while it was on sale at Target.  Still no sign of the '08 Bumblebee though. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 17, 2007, 01:03 PM »
I picked up Ironhide and Barricade today.  That's it.  I'm a lost cause.  TAC Wave 4 really needs to hit soon so I stop buying toys from other lines.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 17, 2007, 06:43 PM »
Congrats on Ironhide Neal!  I hope you enjoy him.  Oh, and don't worry about the lull of SW product at least from Hasbro's prospective...They're still taking your money be it from TF's or GI Joe  ;)

I think this may have been in their master plan with this long delay of w4 and w2 of Legends...With the introduction of the movie toys and the 25th Joes, I think they wanted the 80's kids to get back into the respective toy properties they grew up with - afterall Hasbro is evil, right?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 17, 2007, 07:13 PM »
Hope you guys don't mind me posting this gem of an auction:

Ultimate G1 Transformer Auction - $1MM

Any idea what this lot is worth?

Apparently $1M to a Canadian buyer, $2,500.00 US to ship to Canada. Oy!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #532 on: July 17, 2007, 11:14 PM »
The 2008 Camaro Bumblebee hit three stores locally today, and I didn't get a damn one of them.  ::) I could tell by all the left over Arcees, Dreadwings, Swindles, and Bonecrushers.

It's months like these I ******* despise Hasbro. Can't find the Joes, can't find the TFs, I can't wait until wave 4 of the 30AC comes out so I can lose out on that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 17, 2007, 11:53 PM »
I just transformed Ironhide for the first time.  My ... what a royal pain in the ass that was!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 18, 2007, 08:55 AM »
It's months like these I ******* despise Hasbro. Can't find the Joes, can't find the TFs, I can't wait until wave 4 of the 30AC comes out so I can lose out on that.

You know, I'm sure Hasbro uses different factories for different lines they put out, but if you look at this spring Hasbro had to ramp up for movies for Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man and Transformers as well as get out waves of Marvel Legends, SW 30th and GI Joe 25th.  When do you guys remember Hasbro having so many irons in the fire at one time?

Nearly an entire side of an aisle at Target is Hasbro product right now between the Marvel license, SW and Transformers.  I just wonder if that has anything to do with some of the delays in new product hitting the shelves?  Granted, they didn't do huge lines for Ghost Rider or F4 and I think they've only done 2, maybe 3, waves of ML but their Spider-Man and Transformer lines have been huge.

I'm thinking that when the Transformer movie hype dies off a little towards the end of the month we'll start seeing better stock of that line as well as seeing the SW waves start hitting with a little more frequency.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 18, 2007, 10:40 PM »
Yeah, I did forget they've got a lot on their plate. I've been pretty ARGH-HASBRO SUCKS-GRR since this year's Botcon exclusives were announced.

It's kind of dumb to expect to find the new Bumblebee since he's only been seen since Saturday. But the Joe thing is really starting to get under my skin.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 19, 2007, 12:25 AM »
I've gotta have the Concept Camaro Bumblebee - is that the 'deluxe' class I should be looking for?  (I'm having a hell of a time keeping all the lines straight as a noobie Transformerite)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 19, 2007, 12:59 AM »
Yeah, that Bumblebee is a $10-or-so Deluxe TF.

Or, you could go with this one.  ;)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 19, 2007, 01:12 AM »
Yeah, I did forget they've got a lot on their plate. I've been pretty ARGH-HASBRO SUCKS-GRR since this year's Botcon exclusives were announced.

It's kind of dumb to expect to find the new Bumblebee since he's only been seen since Saturday. But the Joe thing is really starting to get under my skin.

What did they do for a BotCon exclusive that pissed you off?

I know the Club always does some awesome stuff for their Joe con and last year they even got me to lay out $300 for their 12" Adventure Team Exclusive.  This year's 12" set is cool but not my thing.  The 3.75" set this year, I'd love to pick up the female Cobra troops but I don't think I'll buy the set.  Actually, I haven't really been that interested in the RAH sets since the first one they did with the crimson Baroness and troops.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 19, 2007, 02:30 AM »
It was the rest of the Seekers based on the Classics molds- Thundercracker, Thrust, and Dirge. I should have spent the cash, but $370 for a mere five toys wasn't financially responsible, at least for me.