Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360116 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #630 on: August 24, 2007, 11:03 PM »
My local Target unbelievably stocked a little bit in the TF section this morning.  They put out a case of the latest deluxes which broke down like so:

1 x Recon Barricade
1 x 2008 Camaro Bumblebee
1 x Payload
1 x Dropkick
1 x Longarm
1 x Final Battle Jazz
2 x Dreadwing

Obviously the person in charge of Star Wars case assortments prior to ROTS is now adding his or her genius touch to the TF case assortments.  ::)

They also had 2 Leader Brawls, so I grabbed the Payload, Dropkick, and Longarm in addition to one of the Brawls.  On cursory inspection and first transformation, they're pretty cool.  Brawl, as expected, blows the Deluxe Class version away; plus his arms will actually stay put without after-market finagling, so you've got to love that.  There's a bit more variability in terms of sounds than Prime and Megatron had as well, so he comes across sounding a bit cooler than those.  Oh, and Dropkick is bad-ass. :)

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 27, 2007, 08:05 PM »
G1 forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 28, 2007, 06:56 PM »
Buy a Chevy...Get a free Transformer  ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #633 on: August 28, 2007, 10:29 PM »
I'd be interested in it, but since Hasbro loves to pimp their molds out a few times each, I'm sure they'll stick it in the Universe line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #634 on: August 28, 2007, 10:30 PM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 29, 2007, 12:57 PM »
I saw the Voyager-Class Thundercracker and G1 repaint Rachet today at a local Wal-Mart.  I have no interest in these, but it is the first time I've seen them at retail.

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 29, 2007, 04:32 PM »
Last night I opened the Ultimate BB I scored last week.  I love it so far.  Quite an engineering feat.  Transforming is awesome.  He's huge. It's like having a MP edition with animatronics.  Pretty amazing.  2 thumbs up! 

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 29, 2007, 07:36 PM »
Crap in a hat.  I skipped one day of hitting the local stores, yesterday, and sure enough, both WM and Target stocked the deluxe Transformers wave with the concept Bumblebee in it.

I think WM only got one case but I don't know what Target got, at least one but I don't know if they got more.  Of course, no 'Bee figure.

Target did have an assload of their excluisves, though.  Eight or more of the G1 Jazz re-paint and 10 or more of the Starscream re-paint.  Both stores had the big Ultimate BB.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 30, 2007, 09:39 PM »
i've been on several runs in the past few weeks and I haven't seen any deluxe figs save for a few at a target yesterday, this was like the first time in 3 or 4 weeks that I saw any dlx class. They had 3 dreadwing (the mig 29 looking one) and 2 of the armored bank truck guy Payload i think was his name.  No Jazz, no BB, you can attribute most of this to scalpers - those bastards -let kids/parents get them at the regular price for christsakes.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 30, 2007, 10:54 PM »
One of my local Targets did a minor restock of the DLX stuff this morning so I picked up the truck with the fat Decepticon logo on it and I also scored the milk truck/bank thing/truck.  I'm short on names and they're currently buried under a mountian of other toys.  I was in too much of a hurry to catch their names, as I was ultimatley looking for Concept BB....This was the very first restock I've seen of the DLX variety in months......

No Transformer has been more elusive to me other than Energon Magnus, Grimlock & Swoop, and those damned WM Combaticon repaints, but this sucker is holding tight in that spot so far.   :(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 1, 2007, 01:20 PM »
It looks like stuff is starting to show up a little bit more frequently, at least in my area.  Granted, it's still not coming out in numbers like they should, but it's better than the two months of nothing that preceded it.  The Leader Class Brawl seems to be the most prevalent new thing right now, with TRU, WM, and Target all three getting at least two cases (TRU has about 10 Brawls on the shelf right now).  Target still has two G1 Starscreams and 4 G1 Jazzes, and they've also been getting a case of Wave 4 (the one with Dropkick and Recon Barricade) about every five days or so.  Strangely, Dropkick is the one who sticks around the longest, despite being packed with the inferior in every way Dreadwing.

One of the three local WMs got a case of the Voyager Wave 4s in yesterday, and I was able to grab the Rescue Ratchet and Thundercracker from that assortment.  I've also been noticing some differences in the actual sculpts of the repaints that I wanted to pass along for everyone's edification (this might not be news to some of you):

-The arm hinges on Final Battle Jazz have been changed to make his arms less wobbly and line up more appropriately.  There's no "hinge and slide" this time around; only a black double hinge.  The arms still look like crap, but hey, it's better than the first version.

-Recon Barricade's "waist" tabs now snap securely into his upper torso instead of just resting on the tabs, and his head can be pulled up further so the halves of his hood/torso can be slid back together a bit, making his torso not look quite so ridiculous.  If they would do this to the regular movie Barricade toy (and make it obvious that we're getting the improved mold), I'd buy another one in a second.

Oh, for those of you who care, Target has been getting the 6" Titaniums fairly regularly over the past few weeks.  Mine currently (this morning) had War Within Ultra Magnus, Starscream, and Cheetor, but I know they've had Fallen, Rodimus Prime, and Optimal Optimus Prime at various points lately as well.  No sign of the G1 Ultra Magnus, though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 1, 2007, 06:21 PM »
Oh, for those of you who care, Target has been getting the 6" Titaniums fairly regularly over the past few weeks.  Mine currently (this morning) had War Within Ultra Magnus, Starscream, and Cheetor, but I know they've had Fallen, Rodimus Prime, and Optimal Optimus Prime at various points lately as well.  No sign of the G1 Ultra Magnus, though.

I care!!  I bought the 3pack case of the Fallen, G1 Magnus, WW Megs off BBTS at a decent price a month ago...I really thought these things were going the route of the SW $15 Titaniums so I was glad to get those as WM, TRU, Target stopped stocking these tail enders for quite a few months.  I was lucky enough to find Sunstorm and WW Magnus last week.  All I need now is Cheetor - who I don't care about what so ever - but at least I'll have a complete collection....I decided not to open my TF 6" Tites just because they look so good in the packaging so they're eating into my SW space.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 2, 2007, 02:49 PM »
I saw the Legends pack (the one with Starscream) at TRU this morning.  25 bucks, but the Legends class still look like toys I could get out of a 25 cent bubble toy dispenser in the front of Dollar General and have cash left over for a cup of coffee.  I also saw new "Cyber Slammers" of Brawl and Ratchet this morning at Target, and again, Hasbro's need to "diversify" lines instead of concentrating on their bread and butter products astounds me.  They can get gobs of this crap to retailers, but can't ship more than one case of deluxe class at a time.  Jeez.

Speaking of Deluxes, someone at TFW2005 posted the other day that a LOT of revision cases are in the pipeline (if they'll ever get out of it is another question, har de har har), with 5 of the 6 planned containing at least 1 2008 Bumblebee, Arcee (who is apparently a bit of a pain to find as well), an emphasis on more actual movie toys per case than video game based ones.  Here's to hoping my aforementioned wishes for a "fixed" Barricade come to pass. :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 7, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Now I'm starting to get pissed.  Target stocked exactly one case of Deluxe today and guess what 1 figure wasn't on the shelf when I got there?  Yeah... 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 8, 2007, 01:00 PM »
Now I'm starting to get pissed.  Target stocked exactly one case of Deluxe today and guess what 1 figure wasn't on the shelf when I got there?  Yeah... 

E...

Get used to it...That's the same picture I get at almost every single Target that has been restocking the Dlx class.  I've never seen scalping with any of the Transformer lines at retail, but it look like things have changed.