Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363490 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #645 on: September 14, 2007, 04:04 PM »
Transformer Moive Screen Battle Sets

Pretty neat idea to some extent....I'll definately pick up a set to keep boxed because they look groovy in the packaging  I don't see a Target or TRU stamp and these things are just screaming "exclusive" IMO so I wonder where they'll end up at?

.....Witwicky
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 14, 2007, 04:15 PM »
Those do look kind of neat, and at least its another chance at that elusive Bumblebee figure.  I agree, they sure do look like they would be exclusive to someone though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #647 on: September 14, 2007, 05:28 PM »
Now I'm just waiting to find those at stores and have all the sets with the Concept BB picked clean then as well.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 14, 2007, 05:49 PM »
I think Hasbro does the same thing with their TF exclusives as they do their Star Wars exclusives and that's drop the assortment number from the packaging.  The re-paint Jazz at Target, for example, has a number but no assortment.

The packaging for these new sets have assortment numbers so I'm guessing they're not exclusives.  Which is good.  More opportunities to find the Bumblebee set. 

I just hope Hasbro figures out what the problem is getting their action figures to store shelves.  Then I'll be happy.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #649 on: September 14, 2007, 06:28 PM »
I think Hasbro does the same thing with their TF exclusives as they do their Star Wars exclusives and that's drop the assortment number from the packaging.  The re-paint Jazz at Target, for example, has a number but no assortment.

The packaging for these new sets have assortment numbers so I'm guessing they're not exclusives.

That is true... when it's a single pack case like Jazz or a vehicle is.  But, when it's an exclusive with an assortment (like the Order 66 sets this past year), Hasbro has had the assortment number on there.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 14, 2007, 10:45 PM »
I have to admit that these sets look pretty interesting.  Hopefully the Barricade will have the "corrected" tabs on his hip/chest connection point, as that will save me a bit of stress in the long-run.  I'd considered getting the set of the "B-Movie Victims" that Entertainment Earth (and other retailers) has been selling over the past year or so to have the TFs assault and threaten with gigantic robotic feet of doom, but it's good to know that I'll have some film-accurate (more or less) versions to do the same thing with relatively soon.  ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 16, 2007, 02:02 PM »
I've been looking at those Real Gear things for quite awhile now and I finally caved on the line as WM had 2 packaged together for $12.  I always loved reflector and these lil guys look kinda cool.  I thought there were only six of these things, but then I found a white laserbeak and a watch dude at Target....wooohoo and stuff.

Has anybody else picked up these things?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 16, 2007, 03:14 PM »
Has anybody else picked up these things?

I picked up the camera guy at Target after I saw the TF movie... These things rock. My only beef is that I wish they had made the Mountain Dew transformer, as seen in the movie. That would be so great.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #653 on: September 16, 2007, 06:15 PM »
I picked up Spy Shot and the orange Laserbeak-ish one. That's all I'm getting. They're OK, but I only got those two because they reminded me of Reflector and Laserbeak.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 16, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Cool...Good to hear that some of you guys have dipped into this line.  I guess there's also a video game controller guy that I have to track down as well.

My only beef is that I wish they had made the Mountain Dew transformer, as seen in the movie. That would be so great.

Ya...That evil Mountain Dew machine rocked!!  There was a Transfomer stop light (seriously) which was in the middle of nowhere along with a payphone in the Cybertron cartoon and IIRC Hasbro said they were hinting on possible making the stop light former.  I think he was in the first few episodes, then you didn't see him again until one of the final episodes where he finally transformed.  It's so lame, but I'd really like a transforming stop light  :D

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 17, 2007, 11:02 AM »
I'm seeing a lot of new titanium stuff out, including Starscream and Cheetor.  Target seems to have fresh cases, but the Cheetor was actually at K-Mart (yes, there is still one K-Mart store open).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 17, 2007, 11:49 AM »
I actually just picked up Cheetor yesterday - he was the last one I needed to finish off this set.  I don't care for BW-BM stuff, but a set is a set.  There are rumors that Hasbro has a 6" titianium mold for Shockwave and possibly a few others that could eventually be cast in plastic for Classics 2.0/Universe.

I actually enjoyed collecting these $15 figures compared to the SW crap.  I didn't get into collecting the SW $15 tites until they hit clearance, and I still feel like I got ripped off....Much more meat on the Transformers for the same price.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 17, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Do you guys know if there are plans for more Robot Heroes beyond the movie wave?  I've bought everything except the movie wave and I'm really hoping to see more based on the original toys.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 17, 2007, 01:48 PM »
There's some Beast Wars crap coming out soon - I think by the end of the year/early next year...Also no word on what's up next after that, but they seem to have been selling very well - even the movie based stuff, so who knows?

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #659 on: September 17, 2007, 03:29 PM »
What about the classics line... is it truly dead ?