Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363912 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #660 on: September 17, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Classics will be back this fall as 2.0/Universe or something like that and it looks like it's yet another filler line along side the Allspark toys/repainted movie toys until the cartoon toys start showing up next year.

Here's a linky but it's a bit messy.  Looks like there will be more G1 RH stuff before the end of the year, but not sure what.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 17, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Has anybody else picked up these things?

Yeah, I picked up three:  "Laserbeak" (MP3 player), "Reflector" (mini-cam), and "Camcorder Bot" (which I got simply because an image on TFW2005's forums made me laugh so hard).  I may pick up the blue/white repaint of the MP3 player if it ever shows up around here, but outside of that, the above three are all I'm going to get.  I'm actually surprised at the amount of articulation these things got, considering back in the day for 7 bucks, you got a relatively static combiner-character for that price.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 20, 2007, 01:26 PM »
New Robot Hereos

....don't get too excited    :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #663 on: September 20, 2007, 02:02 PM »
WTF !!!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 20, 2007, 08:05 PM »
New Robot Hereos

....don't get too excited    :-\

WTF !!!

Saw those at Target and I had the same reaction.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 21, 2007, 01:17 PM »
Huge thanks to Neal who just hooked me up with the Deluxe Concept Bumblebee figure!  It came last night and it's a really nice looking action figure.  Took a little while to get him transformed to robot mode but he looks just as good in that form as in the car mode.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 21, 2007, 04:08 PM »
Huge thanks to Neal who just hooked me up with the Deluxe Concept Bumblebee figure! 

Not a problem.  Glad I could help.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 23, 2007, 03:00 PM »
Don't know if anyone cares, but I found the new wave of Robot Replicas from the TF movie on the pegs at the local Wal-Mart.  They had several each of Jazz, Frenzy, and Prime, along with a BB or two (I would assume he was in the case with the new ones; if only Hasbro could, you know, reship more actual transforming Bumblebee toys already).  I picked up one of each, and they're beyond disappointing.

Prime's head doesn't look like it's even been painted completely, and I went through all the ones on the pegs to make sure it wasn't just this one.  There's no attention to scale with this line, so Prime is the same size as Jazz is the same size as Frenzy is the same size as Megatron and so forth.  Frenzy, despite being my favorite character from the film, is the weakest of the six RR figures overall, mostly due to the fact that he's not well articulated in the arms, and what articulation that's there is awkwardly executed.  Jazz, however, is very well sculpted and detailed, although his toilet seat on a stick weapon is somewhat silly looking.

If you've gotten the first three, go ahead and pick these up, but as I often say, prepare to be underwhelmed.  :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #668 on: September 23, 2007, 04:08 PM »
I saw those this weekend too, and since I buy all things Solstice, I was going to buy Jazz, but I just couldn't do it.

It's disgusting Hasbro can get this **** on pegs without a problem, yet the Deluxe pegs have been bare for two months.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 23, 2007, 04:43 PM »
I saw those this weekend too, and since I buy all things Solstice, I was going to buy Jazz, but I just couldn't do it.

It's disgusting Hasbro can get this **** on pegs without a problem, yet the Deluxe pegs have been bare for two months.

I could care less for the RR crap...Nasty stuff here.

I still laugh everytime I walk past the TF stuff to see just a sea of empty pegs.  One of my local WM's has had 20+ empty pegs devoted to the Dlx line and it's been empty on each and every visit.  I guess I missed out on Dlx Arcee, but I've got the rest even though my Jazz v1 has both blue and yellow "fog lights"  Always wanted to exchange him, but I never saw him again.

**Oh...I'm very happy to say that I finally finished off my ALT collection in the past two weeks as I picked up Comicon Rodimus & Nemy Prime.  I paid a lot more than I would have liked to, but it's another collection I can say I'm done with.  Really hate the fishbowl design on the newer ALTs as you could easily repackage the cars into the older boxes which still made for a nice boxed display.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 04:45 PM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 26, 2007, 04:12 PM »
I read on Seibertron's forums that WMs nationwide are restocking Deluxes en masse. It's happening here, but the closest ones only restocked the first wave.  ::) So I headed out to an out-of-town WM and finally got my hands on a Concept Bumblebee.

So check them WMs if you're looking for stuff. I found several 77 Bumblebees, Barricades, and Brawls out there.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 04:13 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 26, 2007, 06:15 PM »
I read on Seibertron's forums that WMs nationwide are restocking Deluxes en masse. It's happening here, but the closest ones only restocked the first wave.  ::)

This happened at both of my local Wal-Marts, but we actually got a crapload of "Wave 5, Revision 4" (I think it was Revision 4) that included Brawl, Scorponok, Bonecrusher, Swindle, Dreadwing, Dropkick, 2008 BB, and Arcee.  First time I've ever seen more than one Bumblebee on the pegs at one time, and the first time I've seen Arcee at all in a couple of months.

So when are these (sure to be overpriced) "screen scene" packs supposed to be out?  I think the only one I'm going to definitely be getting is the Barricade set (and maybe the "Capture of Bumblebee"), but didn't know how much they were charging and how long it would be before they hit.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 26, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Classics 2pac s

I'm thinking Sam's Club or Costco for some reason..

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 26, 2007, 08:03 PM »
So when are these (sure to be overpriced) "screen scene" packs supposed to be out?  I think the only one I'm going to definitely be getting is the Barricade set (and maybe the "Capture of Bumblebee"), but didn't know how much they were charging and how long it would be before they hit.

BBTS is asking $30 for the Capture of Bumblebee set, and $25 for the rest of them. I suppose they'll be about $15-20 at retail then. Their preorder says 1st Quarter of 2007, which we're way past, so I suppose it's 4th Quarter 2007 or 1st of the next year. I'm thinking they'll be out by Christmas.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 26, 2007, 10:03 PM »
A new promo code for Hasbro Toy Shop:

25FALL

Good for 25% off and free shipping, good until October 8, 2007.

I picked up a Clone Officer, Pit Droids, and Legends Blackout for $14 shipped. Not bad, considering it's going to be bloody getting those Pit Droids locally.