Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360185 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #675 on: September 26, 2007, 11:12 PM »
A new promo code for Hasbro Toy Shop:

25FALL

Good for 25% off and free shipping, good until October 8, 2007.

I picked up a Clone Officer, Pit Droids, and Legends Blackout for $14 shipped. Not bad, considering it's going to be bloody getting those Pit Droids locally.

Thanks for the promo code!  I still haven't seen a lick of Legends w3 or w2.5 or whatever at retail, but Jeff was kind enough to hook me up with the Darktrooper and 2 of the colored clones (yea...you get jealous you  ;) )

My local TRU stocked an assload of deluxes tonight.....Very first time I've ever seen Concept BB on the pegs, let alone 3 all together...so it looks like there's hope for the rest of you folk..

I have to throw DP some props in this thread for hooking me up with BB as I thought I'd never see that sucker ever.  Impossible to believe, but it's rare to see a current Transformer on the scalper market at release time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #676 on: September 27, 2007, 03:01 AM »
I suppose if TRU is finally restocking, the drought might be coming to an end.

Of course, this could be the last restock of the year for all we know. I'm just glad I got my hands on a Concept BB. When I pick up the Best Buy versions of Ratchet and Megatron, and then the Rescue Ratchet and Thundercracker Voyagers, I can put the movie line to rest.

And you're welcome for the code.  :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:01 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 29, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Made my toy runs this morning and all of my local Targets and even WMs for that matter all had a very healthy stock of Deluxes...This should make a lot of folks happy  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 29, 2007, 07:54 PM »
Made my toy runs this morning and all of my local Targets and even WMs for that matter all had a very healthy stock of Deluxes...This should make a lot of folks happy  :)

Same here ... at least at the local Wal-Marts.  One store I stopped at had EIGHT Concept Bumblebees on the pegs.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 30, 2007, 07:39 PM »

I saw this all over yesterday at several Targets and Wal-Marts.  Tons of Deluxes, tons of Voyagers (including Thundercracker and Rescue Ratchet, but no Primes), tons of the new Real Gears (with the Decepti-Watch), tons of the new FAB Bumblebee and Barricade, Leader Brawls and Megatrons all over the place, and Target even stocked the new Scout Class (with Elita One).  And the damndest thing: every store I went into had at least 2 2008 CC Bumblebees.   :-*

It would have been great had this actually happened a while back when parents were going nuts looking for the stuff.  Oh well, at least with the DVD coming out in two weeks' time, there will be toys to sell alongside it. :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 2, 2007, 06:19 PM »
My local WM stocked Deluxe last Friday.  I stopped counting at 8 Concept Bumblebee figures.  Plenty of everything. 

I was through Binghamton, NY over the weekend and didn't think to look at Transformers anywhere besides TRU.  They had some of the newest Deluxe including Arcee.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 3, 2007, 09:05 AM »
I checked our WM yesterday, and they had restocked the Deluxes as well - but no Concept Bumblebees.  It was mostly the older figures from what I could tell, but I'm not as familiar with the assortments for TF.  I'm hopefully heading to Target today, maybe there will be better luck there.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 4, 2007, 06:58 PM »
My local Targets are clearancing out the 6" Titaniums at $7.98...Kinda said as they just started restocking them a month ago after a 4-5 month drought...Oh well

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 5, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Just scored another Pepsi Prime from, well, Pepsi. I guess they're sending all the prizes out that they have left, since I gave up entering codes well before the promotion ended.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 6, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Nice freebie Ben!  I have to ask you as well - how many times did you enter codes?

I found the Evolution of Bumblebee today at Target.  Very nice looking set, but I didn't pick it up because I haven't even opened up any of my new deluxes.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 7, 2007, 12:07 AM »
I think I entered codes for two or three weeks solid throughout July. I stopped well before the promo ended, since I bought one off of HTS.

I suppose I can open one of these now, since the one I got from HTS was significantly damaged.  :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 7, 2007, 01:16 AM »
I suppose I can open one of these now, since the one I got from HTS was significantly damaged.  :)

Those short stacks still bug the **** out of me...Wish I would have kept a Pepsi TF bottle to load onto the trailer though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 10, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Stopped off at Target today and finally found the 08 Bumblebee.  They also had the two pack (several actually) there, but I was happy to find the single carded one since I already have the previous version.  That Camaro is just all sorts of cool :).

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #688 on: October 10, 2007, 11:47 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 11, 2007, 12:20 AM »
Skylynx reissue....

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK10766&mode=retail

Yup.  That's what has been coming down the pipeline and that's $90 wasted on a piece of crap....Never liked this toy as a kid and I still hate it to this day even though I own one (somewhere in storage.)  I would have much preferred Overlord who is crazy expensive on eBay and was never available in the US.  Could have worked especially after re-releasing Star Convoy....He's a brick, but that's why I love him so much.  :)

While you may already have a vintage G1 Sky Lynx, wouldn't a new one with pearly white plastic, working electronics, and pristine stickers look nice on the shelf?

NO!   >:(  You could have picked something better TakaraTomy!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:27 AM by iFett »