Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362508 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #690 on: October 11, 2007, 12:29 AM »
Ooooo. Tough choice here. I like the choice, but where would I put such a big and goofy-looking 'bot at?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 14, 2007, 08:42 AM »
That Skylynx is one ugly figure.  If anyone is still looking for 20th Anniverary Prime, I saw about six of them on clearance at Wal-Mart.  Only down to $65 from $80, but that's still $15 off.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 16, 2007, 10:30 PM »
Scored the Best Buy exclusive Ratchet and Megatron today. I figured these would sell quick, so during lunch I made a beeline to BB and bought a set. There was quite a few left, so I felt kind of dumb.

Be wary when picking your free lithograph too. I assume there are different ones, since I ended up with Megatron.

Offline Resurrection Bob

• Youngling
  • All new likeness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 16, 2007, 11:44 PM »
I think the lithographs are all Megatron, so everybody'll have the same story there.

However, people won't have the same story as you with the toys.  I hit my local Best Buy at opening and they had maybe 8 toys total (presumably four of each).  I was lucky enough to get the Ratchet I was after, but I bet anybody who arrived after 10:10 or so was in for a disappointment.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 17, 2007, 10:42 AM »
Ya, my BB had 2 of each Ironhide & Megs up front on the display and one more set by the regular DVD's.  I didn't care for them - thank god.  I am sorta wishing that I picked up the Target version of the DVD though instead of getting the RH repaints as I'm almost positive Hasbro will re-release them..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 17, 2007, 03:38 PM »
Jazz Meister is up for the next Encore reissue.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 23, 2007, 09:12 PM »
Blah...Some third world kid really ****** up the paint job on my exlusive BB set on Prime - very bad, but Cliffjumper turned out just fine.  I'd post pics, but I'd rather not waste your're time.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 24, 2007, 06:46 PM »
Unleashed Turnarounds Sets with Ratchet & Jazz - Blackout & Barricade.  These things are still way too expensive for my taste, but the Decepticon set actually looks kinda cool.

Oh, and I already new about the Nightwatch Prime repaint, but here's "Deep Desert" Brawl  Has better deco than the original release.  I only rebuy the leader class repaints on clearance so we'll see what happens with these two.

K...I'll try and make this my last post in this thread until someone else pokes around in here.   ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 24, 2007, 10:30 PM »
Why don't they repaint Leader Megatron so he doesn't look so ******? I'd buy one if the Leader version was painted like the Best Buy Megatron.

I think I missed Leader Prime, and I don't want that repaint, so I'll just stick with buying the regular Brawlastator. Here's hoping they do a Leader Blackout at some point.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 25, 2007, 08:39 PM »
I hate to be the wet blanket, but both of those new Unleashed turnarounds look horrid.  If the heavily overpriced (and overshipped) Prime wasn't bad enough on its own, now they're having to resort to doing two characters in one sculpture?  I mean, Yoda vs. Palpatine is one thing, but Jazz and Ratchet together for the sake of being together?  Jeez, let it die Hasbro...   ::)

I can't see picking up any of the Leader Class repaints, either.  I actually regret buying the Voyager Prime and Megatron (although I do like the BB Megatron and don't regret it), so I can only imagine the level of buyer's remorse I would have with something double the price of those. 

The repaints are getting out of hand with this line, though, in my opinion.  I mean, G1 inspired repaints like Rescue Ratchet, Starscream, and Jazz I can understand as a niche item, but that "new" Ironhide and "G1 style" Optimus Prime look like ass, and instead of doing a "Nightwatch" Prime, why don't they just reship the movie accurate paint job version that nobody has on shelves anymore?  And don't even get me started on "Evac" or whatever the hell the day-glo Blackout repaint is.

Now, in typical fashion, I'm going to be a hypocrite and say that the one Voyager class I would buy in a heartbeat would be Skywarp, which is pretty much a straight repaint of SS/TC. 

Okay, so I did turn into a bit of a wet blanket there.  How long until Classics 2.0 comes out? ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 26, 2007, 01:54 PM »
Okay, so I did turn into a bit of a wet blanket there.  How long until Classics 2.0 comes out? ;D

Wet blanket indeed my friend...Classics is supposed to be out after the Allspark crap.  I think Springish.  I'm just wondering what ever happened to the WM Masterpeice Screamer that was supposed to hit in September.....

I just hope they're not holding it back for the "Black Friday" special because that means I'll either never find it or possibly find it in the women's apparel dept or next to the Doritos after 5 months of its release - that's how bad my WM's are about stocking stuff.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 26, 2007, 09:30 PM »
Man, I hope SS isn't a Black Friday thing. I have enough trouble with WM exclusives for them to make that available then.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 29, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Speak of the Devil...

Screamer has been found

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 29, 2007, 06:21 PM »
Speak of the Devil...

Screamer has been found

Sweet.  What size is this thing in relation to the 20th Anniversary Optimus?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 29, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Here's a comparison of MP-03 aka Screamer's overseas release with MP-04 aka 20th Prime.

I have no idea why they painted him up like that, but they'll be re-releasing him again over there with our colorscheme with a $99 pricetag while the US version will be $49.  I also hear that he's very fragile - so beware.

Hasbro was going to work a jet theme into the Alternator line a few years ago but that fell through - not sure if it would have been larger/smaller or if this is the true child of that idea.

It'll be interesting to see how many repaints we can get outta them for this mold.  I think it's obvious that most fans want a full set of seekers, but Hasbro has "proven" that we don't for some reason.  The TF Classics line is finally getting released in Japan, so I'm hoping that they release Thundercracker, Thurst, and Durge so I can pick those up at a fairly decent price compared to the Botcon set.