Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363153 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #705 on: November 1, 2007, 07:03 PM »
New The Robot Heroes on the way.  Nice to see a few more G1 characters..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: November 1, 2007, 07:07 PM »
New The Robot Heroes on the way.  Nice to see a few more G1 characters..

That Hound looks sweet.  I almost regret not buying these, but just don't have room for one more line of figs.   :(

Thanks for the size comparison of SS.  I'm definitely going to break down and get one of these despite the crazy price.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #707 on: November 1, 2007, 11:36 PM »
Hound FTW!  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: November 9, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Last night at Target in their new Christmas seasonal layout I found a set of at least 3 small movie Transformers.  Starscream, Optimus and Blackout.  They're about 3" tall and transform.  I don't follow the line close enough to know if they've been out in some other venue before but they looked pretty cool.  $4.99

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: November 11, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Well, I saw the Masterpiece Starscream (x eight) at the local Wal-Mart this morning.  I picked it up twice and carried it around the store, debating on whether or not I should buy it, but ended up passing on it.  It was quite a bit smaller than I expected for that price, although I know I shouldn't be complaining given how the vast majority of the Masterpiece figures cost at least double that when they're imported from Japan.  Maybe if they stick around until payday/the end of this week I might be able to justify it, but not right now.

TF stuff is drying up again, which is nice to see (in that people are still interested in the line), but it seems to be restocked on a more regular/frequent basis than during the drought following the release of the film.  The only problem is that, as with Swindle this past summer, Payload, Longarm, and Dropkick are the only things you can actually find.  I've seen several Leader Class Primes the last few days as well, which I'm sure a lot of folks are happy about given their relative scarcity as of late.  Still tons of extraneous **** like the voice changer helmets, TECH gear, and the WM exclusive Prime blaster, but no Robot Heroes are to be seen at Wal-Mart or Target, and even the Real Gear stuff is drying up most places.

And in case nobody's seen it yet, a photo was posted on TFW2005 of the upcoming "Deep Space Starscream" Target exclusive toy.  The photo was really small, but it appears as if it's another film-accurate repaint of the Voyager Class SS along the lines of the Best Buy Megatron and (to a lesser extent) Ratchet.  While I'm thrilled to get one of these, I have to be a little irritated at the fact that we're having to deal with the actual film-accurate toys as late-release exclusives and not as mass market items.

On a final note, does anyone have a list of the upcoming "All Spark Power" assortments/toys that identifies which are actual new toys (Stockade, etc) and which are pointless day-glo repaints that would make 1990's-era Batman figures say, "Damn, that's overdoing it?"
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:15 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: November 12, 2007, 03:51 PM »
I'm a bit lazy at the moment, but here's a partial list of stuff even though I know it has gaps in it especially with the few that were revealed this past week.

Good thing I absolutely hate the movie Starscream mode.  I usually like "some" TF repaints, but that's #4 right there so there's some cash saved.

Also been finding mountains of Unleashed Primes clearanced out at Target for 50% off.  $12.48 is still way too much for that thing.  Horrible..Horrible idea Hasbro...Shame on you!

I've been searching high and low for MP Screamer - and naturally I'm not finding it just like with every other freakin exclusive Hasbro gives to those clowns.  Horrible...Horrible idea Hasbro...Shame on you!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:01 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: November 12, 2007, 03:57 PM »
Those Transformers I found at Target in the Christmas seasonal area appear to be the same as being sold on regular shelves.  I found some similar releases, no Starscream or Optimus, at TRU this weekend.  Since I don't have a TRU locally I never noticed these before and my Target and WM aren't carrying them with their other TF stuff.

So, nothing special, just selling them as stocking stuffers I guess.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: November 15, 2007, 07:00 PM »
I finally caved today and picked up the Unleashed Prime for $6.24.  I think that's a fair price.  Also picked up a G1 colored Screamer that I stashed away at Target for $4.98.  I don't care for the mold, but I couldn't pass it up at that price.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: November 16, 2007, 02:56 PM »
So, has anyone found a Masterpiece Starscream yet? I'm starting to fret, with next Friday being Black Friday and all.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: November 16, 2007, 03:23 PM »
I haven't seen one personally and I know I've used up more than a half tank looking for him.  WM's suck beyond words here in MN so it's extremely rare to come across one of their exclusives.  The very first reports of him being found were in MO - which is two states below me so you'd think I'd have some luck, but no dice...

DP was kind enough to pick one up for me in Virginia so I'll have him soon enough.

I still have a strange feeling that Screamer is going to be part of their Black Friday thing and that some stores just starting stocking a bit to early.  We shall see.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: November 16, 2007, 06:41 PM »
I'm right in between states, sitting in Iowa. No dice here either. I suppose there's too many DVD Primes and Cybertron Primuses (Primii?) sitting around at the local outlets. I already went out of town looking for one, so I'm not about to do that again.

I suppose I should see what happens next weekend. I usually go out a little later in the day on BF, so I might have some luck.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 16, 2007, 10:34 PM »
So, has anyone found a Masterpiece Starscream yet? I'm starting to fret, with next Friday being Black Friday and all.

A local Wal-Mart that I stopped into tonight had 18 of them on the shelves.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: November 16, 2007, 11:27 PM »

A local Wal-Mart that I stopped into tonight had 18 of them on the shelves.

Lucky...You must live in a state where WM actually likes to stock & sell through exclusive product.

congrats

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: November 18, 2007, 07:37 PM »
I wanted to buy something, and I knew if I waited any longer, they'd all be gone, so I picked up a Leader Class Prime tonight. This thing is easily the crown jewel of the movie line. Color me impressed.  :)

Hopefully, some Brawls will still be left locally after Black Friday, because I want that one now. I doubt I'll buy Megatron, since I have the first Voyager release and the Best Buy repaint.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: November 18, 2007, 08:38 PM »
I wanted to buy something, and I knew if I waited any longer, they'd all be gone, so I picked up a Leader Class Prime tonight. This thing is easily the crown jewel of the movie line. Color me impressed.  :)

I'm almost disappointed to hear that.  I saw it at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago but decided that I shouldn't spend the money.  Of course, I haven't seen it anywhere since, and I'm thinking I want it after all.