Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363113 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #720 on: November 19, 2007, 02:14 AM »
Oh. Sorry about that.  :)

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 19, 2007, 08:32 AM »
I wanted to buy something, and I knew if I waited any longer, they'd all be gone, so I picked up a Leader Class Prime tonight. This thing is easily the crown jewel of the movie line. Color me impressed.  :)

Hopefully, some Brawls will still be left locally after Black Friday, because I want that one now. I doubt I'll buy Megatron, since I have the first Voyager release and the Best Buy repaint.

Glad you like Prime - he's been my favorite TF for the time being.  Don't bother with Megs - he's one huge piece of crap.  Kinda sorry that I even bought him, but it just doesn't feel right having a Prime and no Megs to go with him.

I haven't had a chance to crack open my Brawl yet, but I've heard nothing but good things about him - plus there seems to be tons of him everywhere so you shouldn't have a problem finding one.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 19, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Here's some toy catalog scans of just about every Transformer ever made both here and overseas with the exception of the ALTs/Binaltech.  WoW....just wow...I really wish this line didn't get the boot as soon as it did over here.  There's some really cool looking stuff in there that I've never even seen before.

Oh, I highly recommend checking out the JC Penny linky.....Brings back some awfully good memories  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 20, 2007, 12:38 AM »
$40 for a Devastator in 1985? Makes me cringe to think what it'd cost these days.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 20, 2007, 05:15 PM »
No luck on the Masterpiece Starscream at the Riverdale Coon Rapids Wal-mart. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:16 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 20, 2007, 10:30 PM »
No luck on the Masterpiece Starscream at the Riverdale Coon Rapids Wal-mart. 

Soak in the glory of WM Minnesota toy exclusives = nothing

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 5, 2007, 06:32 PM »
So I guess everyone has seen the news about Hasbro continuing the "Premium" line of movie toys in the new year.  There are going to be film accurate repaints of Jazz, Barricade, 2008 Bumblebee, Blackout, Ironhide, Starscream, Leader Megatron, and Leader Prime (the latter of which have new head sculpts and Prime comes with his sword instead of the gun).

Let me be the first in this thread to ask WHY THE **** DIDN'T HASBRO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME?  I mean, other than the whole "Let's milk people for all they're worth" factor.  >:(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 5, 2007, 06:51 PM »
Ya, I saw this stuff last week and just looked the other way.  I know that Hasbro has to repaint every toy and rerelease it over and over again, but the freaking movie just came out less than six months ago and the majority of the people that were into it already have the toys they wanted from the line.  This is just a major no no pulling this crap especially so soon.  I really hope these things tank at retail, but I must say that I am somewhat intrigued by Prime's new head and sword.  I'd maybe pick that version up on clearance, but it really starts getting expensive having to rebuy $40 toys over and over again.  Kudos to the idiots completists that will bite on this line.

Oh...I finally got around to opening the shipping box with MP Screamer - thanks for the assist DP  ;D   He's a beauty!  I'm hoping to free him from his packaging before 2008 starts up.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 5, 2007, 11:34 PM »
The Leader Megatron is interesting, because I don't have one and this new one looks better, but I can leave the rest of the line.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 10, 2007, 06:24 PM »
TF Animated kicks off Dec 26th on Cartoon Network with a 3part - 90 minute special.  The toys aren't expected until June, so I don't quite understand the logic in that, but it is what it is.  I'm not expecting a lot from this series, but I'll definitely catch the special, then follow it loosely if I happen to catch it here or there...

Episodes 1-3: Transform & Roll Out!
Optimus Prime & his small crew of Autobots come into possession of the AllSpark, a powerful Cybertronian artifact that actracts the attention of their long-forgotten enemies the Decepticons and sends them crashing to a strange & distant planet known as Earth.

Episode 4: Home is Where the Spark is
The Autobots settle into their new home base - an abandoned automobile manufacturing plant but the ancient assembly line machinery seems to have developed a mind of its own.

Episode 5: Total Meltdown
A bio-engineering genius experiments with some of Bumblebee's hydraulic fluid & accidentally transformers himself into Meltdown, whose corrosive touch can melt anything - including Autobots!

Episode 6: Blast From the Past
Professor Sumdac Upgrades a trio of animatronic dinosaurs from a local theme park, but the creatures develop minds of their own & become rampaging Dinobots, bent on destroying the Autobots.

Episode 7: Thrill of the Hunt
While Autobots encounter a mysterious muscle car creating havoc in Detroit, Ratchet keeps flashing back to his "tour of duty" in the Great Autobot-Decepticon Wars.

Episode 8: Nanosec
Bumblebee's self-proclaimed title as "fastest thing on wheels" is threatened by Nanosec, a super speedster crook on a deadly mission that could destroy all of Detroit.

Episode 9: Along Came a Spider
Bumblebee & Bulkhead's first Halloween turns even spookier when they encounter a giant spider that turns out to be the deadly Decepticon Blackarachnia.

Episode 10: Sound & Fury
Sari's new toy musical robot seems to have an evil streak - and the ability to control other machines - but Bulkhead is the only on who sees it.

Episode 11: Lost & Found
The Autobots clash with Decepticons Lugnut & Blitzwing, who come to Earth searching for their missing leader Megatron.

Episode 12: Survival of the Fittest
Sari is kidnapped & the evidence points to the Dinotbots. So Prowl & Bulkhead head to a mysterious island to investigate - with a highly suspicious Captain Fanzone on their tail.

Episode 13: Headmaster
A disgruntled Sumda employee seeks revenge & profit by taking control of one of the Autobots & sending him on a rampage.

Episode 14: Nature Calls
Prowl, Bumblebee and Sari get more than they bargained for when they head out to the remote woods to investigate a mysterious energy signal.

Episode 15: Megatron Rising, Part One
Prime begins to doubt his leadership abilities as the Decepticons mobilize for a big invasion of Earth.

Episode 16: Megatron Rising, Part Two
The Autobots are decimated by the Decepticon invasion, but still must rally to prevent the AllSpark from falling into their clutches.

Episode 17: The Elite Guard
The Cybertron Elite Guard arrives on Earth to retrieve the AllSpark & relieve Prime & his crew of their post, but they prove less than adept at blending in with the human world.

Episode 18: Return of the Headmaster
Optimus Prime is forced to team up with his rival Sentinel Prime after Sentinel has a humilliating - & potentially fatal - encounter with the Headmaster.

Episode 19: Mission Accomplished
Convince there are no Decepticons left on Earth, the Elite Guard prepares to take Optimus Prime & his crew back to Cybertron - unaware of the increasing Decepticon activity taking place uner their very noses.

Episode 20: Garbage In, Garbage Out
AllSpark energy turns junk pile into a sentient robot who tries to help the Autobots, but ends up doing more harm than good.

Episode 21: Velocity
Investigating a mysterious race car, Bumblebee gets involved with an illegal underground street racing circuit, which also captures the attention of the Decepticons.

Episode 22: Rise of the Constructicons
Bulkhead befriends a pair of construction vehicles brought to life by AllSpark energy. But the Decepticons have their scanners set on the duo for their latest construction project.

Episode 23: A Fistfull of Energon
Prowl goes off on his own to capture the fugitive Starscream, but finds some competitions in the form of a Decepticon bounty hunter.

Episode 24: S.U.V. - Society of Ultimate Villainy
Aided by a mysterious benefactor, Detroit's B-level villains team up to take down the Autobots once & for all.

Episode 25: Autobot Camp
On the trail of an escaped Autobot traitor, Bumblebee flashes back to a previous encounter with the traitor when he first met Bulkhead in Autobot Boot Camp.

Episode 26: Black Friday
Blackarachnia enlists Prometheus Black - aka Meltdown - to aid her with a dangerous experiment, while Prime & Dinobot Grimlock are force to team up to stop them.

Episode 27: Sari, No One's Home
Left along in the Autobots' home base, Sari must defend it against an intrusion by the Constructicons.

Episode 28: A Bridge Too Close, Part One
The Decepticons kidnap Bulkhead to aid in Megatron's ultimate plan to take over Cybertron.

Episode 29: A Bridge Too Close, Part Two
The fates of Cybertron & Earth lie in the balance as Optimus Prime & his Autobots battle Megatron & his Decepticons in a fight to the finish.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 06:25 PM by iFett »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 19, 2007, 01:07 PM »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 19, 2007, 10:39 PM »
So this is why the animated toys don't come out until June.

At least they're exclusive to Target, so they won't sit around anywhere else.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:40 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 20, 2007, 07:53 PM »
At least they're exclusive to Target, so they won't sit around anywhere else.

Yeah, and after they sit around at Target for two weeks, Target will just throw them in the clearance aisle for 3 dollars apiece.  Even though they don't interest me in the slightest (and while I have to question the rationale of Hasbro making these at all), I have to wonder if Target will charge more for them just because they're an exclusive item.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 20, 2007, 10:49 PM »
I went to my local TRU tonight and found the pegs absolutely PACKED with Cliffjumper and Landmine Deluxes from the Allspark Power line. I didn't know these were out yet.
There were more of these than I ever saw for the movie line at one place. Kind of sad, really. I almost bought Landmine, since he looked neat, but I was buying a couple other things, so I left it.

So if the Allspark line catches your interest, they're out there.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 29, 2007, 01:10 PM »
First Look at Classics/Universe Onslaught

Doesn't look like he's part of a combiner set to me, but I can do without that.  :)