Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362534 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #795 on: March 3, 2008, 11:10 AM »
I don't know if anyone here cares about these or not, but I saw some of the Animated Transformers on an endcap at Wal-Mart this weekend.

That's odd...These weren't supposed to be out until June.  Hmmm
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 3, 2008, 11:20 AM »
That's what I thought as well.  Like I said, I didn't look at them closely, but just noticed the big "Transformers Animated" logo on the box.  They looked deluxe sized, and were only in endcap displays at our store (mixed with movie deluxes).  I don't know which ones they all had, but I did notice an Optimus Prime.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2008, 10:01 AM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 4, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Blah blah blah

I think I've lost count how many times these things have been re-released or repainted....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 4, 2008, 09:59 PM »
I just ordered MP-4 from tfsource.  I was going to buy this last year when I bought MP-5 but I passed.  Then I started looking again but the prices were going past $400 on ebay and sold out everywhere.  Over the weekend I put in an order for some wave 7 GI Joe at BBTS and I noticed they had some MP-4 coming in soon for $250 plus shipping.  I ended up looking at the tfsource site and they have it for $255.95 shipped.  Still expensive but I had to get this thing.  How much was this when it first was released with the trailer?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 4, 2008, 11:07 PM »
I just ordered MP-4 from tfsource.  I was going to buy this last year when I bought MP-5 but I passed.  Then I started looking again but the prices were going past $400 on ebay and sold out everywhere.  Over the weekend I put in an order for some wave 7 GI Joe at BBTS and I noticed they had some MP-4 coming in soon for $250 plus shipping.  I ended up looking at the tfsource site and they have it for $255.95 shipped.  Still expensive but I had to get this thing.  How much was this when it first was released with the trailer?

I got mine for $170 shipped off eBay when they first hit...Be careful though as there were problems with the legs on the second run of MP-01 as well as the first run of MP-04.  Fabulous toy, but it sucks when you can't transform a Transformer.   :-\     Leg issues...Either too stiff (gas barrel not allowing you to detract the leg or you may have a problem with a leg falling off all together.)  Hopefully the've fixed the problem with this re-release?

On a happy note....I just transformed my MP-05 from gun mode with extra pieces into bot mode in less that 10 minutes with no instructions.  That's a first for me with this dude.  Back in the box he goes and then off to storage.

Tfsource is a great place for buying Transformers...The owner is a big fan and he's VERY good at shipping everything so it arrives in minty fresh condition.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #800 on: March 8, 2008, 12:36 AM »
MP Starscream Coronation set preorder at BBTS.

For $20, I'll bite. I thought it was going to be a lot more expensive than that.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 8, 2008, 04:13 PM »
MP Starscream Coronation set preorder at BBTS.

For $20, I'll bite. I thought it was going to be a lot more expensive than that.

Thanks for the link.  Not a bad deal at all.

I found the WM RH 5pack this morning and I just had to pick it up.  HUGE improvement on the paint versus the 2pack releases expecially on Megs.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 25, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Transformer question.

My 5 year old son is BIG TIME into the movie Transformers and we want to keep up to date with what new "guys" are coming out.  We were recently at a WalMart and saw a bunch of the new WalMart Exclusive figures (Jolt, Big Daddy, etc.).  He bought himself (yes, he gets an allowence at 5 yrs old  ::) ) the yellow jet (forgot the name).  Anyways, without doing any kind of archival romping through this thread, can you tell me off-hand any good sites, forums, etc. that we might see what new stuff is coming out?  He likes pictures of the TFs so we can see what they look like.

I know that the Toy Fair was recently and JD had some great pics of stuff coming out.  He is looking forward to the animated Transformers now.  Is there a list of TFs for these coming out this year as well?

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #803 on: March 25, 2008, 04:07 PM »
I am not a big Transformers fan but I wanted to see what other members of the board thought about the new cartoon. I actually got to see some of the new cartoon on youtube........OMG what utter garbage! I have to vent about this because I was almost outraged by how bad it was. I felt it is a slap in the face to G1 and Transformers legacy for that matter. It was the most mindless production I have ever seen.

I cannot believe how bad cartoons have become, it makes me appreciate the level of detail and sophistication of 80's cartoon when you compare them side by side. The dialog and story is so mind numbingly dumb it makes you lose brain cells as you watch. The Autobots are a bunch of goofy teenagers who say "dude" and act awkward as they "grow up"!!!!!!! Are they going to have a robotic pimple or a crying fest next?

Where is the dramatic action stories that represents the heroic struggle of the autobots vs. decepticons? Too many other cartoons today mimic this kind of feel good ****. It's no wonder why kids today, boys in particular, are so overly emotional and do not act like boys. They act like a bunch of girls who struggle with everyday problems and discuss them in detail instead of dealing with them head on. They need to see Optimus prime save the world as he kicks the **** out of Megatron in the process, then celebrate with the rest of the autobots on another great victory won. In other words deal with the problem, defeat it then move on and do not dwell on the victimization of life.

Rodimus Prime was not confident and he was an emotional autobot back in the day, he was a perfect example of what you should not become:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq1_6D9QS9Y

Tell me this does not kick ass for dated metal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZUTleBwiiw
(it makes you want to join the autobots and save the day)

So yeah or nay on the new cartoon?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:19 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 25, 2008, 06:48 PM »
Transformer question.

My 5 year old son is BIG TIME into the movie Transformers and we want to keep up to date with what new "guys" are coming out.  We were recently at a WalMart and saw a bunch of the new WalMart Exclusive figures (Jolt, Big Daddy, etc.).  He bought himself (yes, he gets an allowence at 5 yrs old  ::) ) the yellow jet (forgot the name).  Anyways, without doing any kind of archival romping through this thread, can you tell me off-hand any good sites, forums, etc. that we might see what new stuff is coming out?  He likes pictures of the TFs so we can see what they look like.

I know that the Toy Fair was recently and JD had some great pics of stuff coming out.  He is looking forward to the animated Transformers now.  Is there a list of TFs for these coming out this year as well?

I don't know about an exact checklist (especially one with photos) of upcoming stuff, but the two fansites that I return to time and again are Seibertron and Transformer World 2005.  There are other sites that are great resources as well (tformers.com is another one that comes up a lot), but again, I think it all comes down to personal preference and what you're looking for.   Hope that helps!

So yeah or nay on the new cartoon?

At times I've found it moderately entertaining (mostly the episode with the Dinobots), but more often than not, it bores me to tears.  The vast majority of the episodes featured no Decepticons whatsoever (and when they did, it was only Megatron's head a lot of the time), and it just didn't hold my interest.  I'll probably pick up a Starscream toy, just because, but it's definitely not something that breaks my heart if I happen to miss it on Saturday mornings.  I'd much rather read the IDW comics series which continues to be compelling and entertaining, but again, that is probably just me.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 25, 2008, 10:21 PM »
I'd much rather read the IDW comics series which continues to be compelling and entertaining, but again, that is probably just me.

I'm with you on the IDW series.  These are great books.  My only struggle with them is figuring out the timelines between on going mini series and the one-shots.  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 25, 2008, 11:52 PM »
Thank you DoctorPadawan for those links.  I will check them out.  We basically just want them so my son can make a check list of the ones that he wants to save up for in the future.

Secondly, the animated TF show is really kind of lame.  Even though I am a child of the 80's (born in 70'), I was more of a GI Joe fan than a TF fan.  So it's hard for me to compare.  My son and I recently watched the remastered TF movie from the 80's.  Kind of hard to enjoy since I wasn't into them back then.  Anyways, even though Daniel (my son) loves the movie figures, the show tends to bore him as well.
Dinosaur King on the other hand...... :D

Jeff

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 26, 2008, 06:05 PM »
Nice to have some life in this thread again.  I've only seen one episode of the animated stuff and it was the one where the Dinobots got created and I thought it was okay.  It's a shame that Optimus is pretty wimpy and that the rest of the bots are all giddish and stupid.  I hear that the Decepticons haven't even shown up yet which is a shame.  It also looks like they're cutting some corners by reducing the number of frames in the animation.  I hope to catch another episode someday.

Still on the fence about the toys, but I'm really diggin Grimlock especially since I was extremely dissapointed in the Classics version

I think Brian said that he found an endcap of the deluxes at WM awhile back which was odd, but HTS has a few up for order right now.

Blah blah blah

I think I've lost count how many times these things have been re-released or repainted....

You should be seeing Blah blah blah sharing the same endcap with the o66 packs in the coming weeks.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 27, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I think Brian said that he found an endcap of the deluxes at WM awhile back which was odd, but HTS has a few up for order right now.

I did indeed see a couple of the Animated deluxes at WM, just mixed in an endcap with movie stuff.  The only one I saw was Optimus Prime, and they were both gone the next time I was there.  It was definitely a strange occurrence though, but I haven't seen anything since.

EDIT: This is the one I saw at WM a month or so back:

I've seen some of the new cartoon, and its ok I guess.  I've been taping them off for our nephews, since they're into TF and don't have cable/dish.  I thought it might be a nice surprise for them.  Its definitely not G1, but a few episodes have been ok that I've seen - and I'm guessing kids will enjoy it.  I really wish some station (like Boomerang or something) would get the rights to air the old G.I. Joe, Transformers and He-Man shows - I don't see (other than rights issues) why this isn't done.  I would think they would get pretty good viewership with all the 80s nostalgia going on lately.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:40 AM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 2, 2008, 06:49 PM »
I'm probably the only one that cares, but I just placed my order for KO Metrotitan over at TFsource  He was a Decepticon (repainted Metroplex) in one of the Japanese series.

I can't believe how many KO Transformers are out there now and they're selling for very high prices.