Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362936 times)

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #855 on: May 9, 2008, 03:03 PM »
So, I checked on that Grimlock that I was talking about.  It is $24.99, production date 2006 (not 1996 like I posted), in a box-type package, and it has one of those flaps on the front that show the two "modes" of Grimlock.  Is this a good toy to buy and if so, is this a good price to purchase him at?  If the newer version coming out this year is $5 less, I might wait until then, but since it is an animated version, I might consider this version instead.  I don't know if my son will like the animated version.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 9, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Well the only Grimmy that was produced in 06 was Energon Grimlock.  He came packed with Swoop and they combined into a larger bot.  This was a very difficult set to come by so $25 isn't too bad for just Grimlock.  I never found this, but I heard that both Grimlock and Swoop from that set are horrible toys.

The animated one is pretty darned close in appearance as Grimmy was in G1.  Clicky

Hope that helps  :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 10, 2008, 11:30 PM »
The animated one is pretty darned close in appearance as Grimmy was in G1.  Clicky

Hope that helps  :)

Thanks for the pic, but I'm holding out for MP Grimlock.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #858 on: May 11, 2008, 02:46 AM »
Just picked up a Premium Bumblebee. My local WM got in five or six cases of this wave tonight, so they should be popping up everywhere shortly.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 11, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Hope that helps 

Yes, thanks for the link.  I was checking it out.  Some neat stuff there. 

BTW, what is the "MP Grimlock"?  Sorry, I'm not familiar with the initial/terminology on the Transformer line.
Also, what is the Premium Bumblebee?  I was looking it up, is it the one with his battlehelmet-thing on?

Finally, I picked up that free animated Transformers comic for my son this week that came out last week on Free Comic Book Day.  Also bought the sequel to the movie this week; "The Reign of Starscream".  It looks like it will be multi-parts.  Going to start reading them both to my son at bed time.  He can't wait.

Jeff

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 11, 2008, 10:23 PM »
MP = Masterpiece.  I'm a newb compared to the other TFormer fans here, but I think there is a Masterpiece Megatron, Optimus (essentially 20th Anniversary version), Starscream, and Thundercracker.  They're foreign jobbies and not usually available around the US, though you can find online dealers for them and of course, Ebay.  I believe the usually run around $100 - Starscream was available on a very limited basis through Wal-Mart online.  I don't collect most of these, but had to get 'scream and am hoping for a cheap way to nab Grimlock.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 13, 2008, 10:30 PM »
Looks like Victory is coming to DVD region free - I have no idea if that means it will be available in the US, but I'll bite if it is as I have no idea what happend after the US rebirth toon.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:35 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 14, 2008, 01:03 AM »
I bought a couple of the Real Gear TF recently and they are very cool.  Picked up the digital camera and video camera.  They look very cool in robot mode and fit in well with Reflector on the shelf.  I'm not sure if I'll buy any of the others but I've been tempted to buy these 2 for the past year and I caved. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 14, 2008, 10:36 AM »
I bought Salvage last night.

Still looking for a Jolt (WM exclusive). If anyone can help here, I'd GREATLY appreciate it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 14, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I bought a couple of the Real Gear TF recently and they are very cool.

I returned all of mine like six months ago once I found out they were repainting every mold 8 different times.  Too much for me.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 17, 2008, 04:14 PM »
Looks like you were right, the movie TFs seem to be going on clearance at Target.  They are marked down to $6.99 from $9.99.  I don't know if it is just this week or they are going to keep going down until they get rid of them.  They sure aren't stocking them, but since they are outty in June, that would make sense.  My son got a black Bumblebee and a Stockade for around $15.

Jeff

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 17, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Looks like you were right, the movie TFs seem to be going on clearance at Target.  They are marked down to $6.99 from $9.99. 

The deluxe figures have been $6.99 at Target for some time now.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 17, 2008, 07:34 PM »
The deluxe figures have been $6.99 at Target for some time now.

Are the deluxe the same as the movie figures?  I guess I don't know the technical terms for them. 
I don't frequent the toy sections in department stores regularly.  The last time I checked on them a few weeks back, they were still $9.99 in my neck of the woods, so I was a little excited about a $3 markdown.  I apologize if this is old news for most of you. 

Jeff

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 17, 2008, 07:46 PM »
I don't quite understand your question, but here is the current pricing for TF movie figs:

Scouts = $7.99 (lil guys - never bought one myself)  Target exclusive I think
Deluxe = $9.99 (6.99 at Target for some reason) - BB, Salvage, Camshaft, etc.
Voyager = $19.99 (Ironhide, Incenerator, Blackout, etc.)
Leader = $39.99 (Megs, Prime, Brawl)

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 18, 2008, 01:45 AM »
I don't quite understand your question, but here is the current pricing for TF movie figs:

Sorry if I was making that confusing.  I had no idea that the movie figures were broken down into groups; scouts, deluxe, voyager and leader.  Try to understand from a "layman" p.o.v. who doesn't collect this line of toys and never have until my 5 year old started wanting them just this past year.  So, I guess what I meant by "movie figures" where what you guys would call the "deluxe" figures.  Again, I apologize for being somewhat of a novice at this.  :-\  Thanks for the info.

Jeff