Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 364007 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #915 on: June 8, 2008, 07:37 PM »
They're still sitting in the trunk of my car.

I have at least a 6 month backlog in the trunk of my car that I need to go through of TF, Joes, and SW.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 8, 2008, 11:13 PM »
...I picked up the animated Voyager-class Megatron, Starscream, and Grimlock this morning.

Awesome!  So Grimlock IS one of the first wave of figures for this animated line.  Cool!  My son and I will be on the hunt for this one.

By the way, I just wanted to thank you guys for all of your help in answering questions and such when it comes to the Transformers.  I was a GI Joe guy in the 80's and didn't get into TFs, so with my son infactuated with the TF movie and cartoon, this is all kind of new to me.

Jeff

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 9, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Awesome!  So Grimlock IS one of the first wave of figures for this animated line.  Cool!  My son and I will be on the hunt for this one.

I'm not sure if he's part of wave 1 or wave 2 (others in this thread can help you with that one), but so far, I've seen five different Voyager-class ships on the shelves:  Grimlock, Bulkhead, Lugnut, Starscream, and Megatron.  I'm pretty sure that they comprise two separate waves, but I'm not positive on the breakdown.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2008, 12:37 PM by Neal »

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 10, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Finally saw the animated characters at WalMart today, but my son was at preschool, so I didn't want to pick anything that he might not want.  So we will have to go back there later.  Anyways, these looked interesting.  I'm not sure about the animated look, but whatever floats his boat.  I saw the basics; Bumblebee, Prime, Bulkhead, Prowl, Lugnut and the Spider-chick (Arachnid?).

Jeff

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 10, 2008, 06:32 PM »
Picked up the Animated Grimlock and Prowl today at another Wal-Mart, which is the only retailer who has put these out so far in my area (I assume Target is waiting on yet another mythical "set date" for them, meaning that everyone will get what they want at WM and Target's stock will sit for months on end while they wonder why their stuff isn't moving).  I hadn't planned on getting Prowl, but he's actually pretty neat, and Grimlock is all kinds of fun.  The sword is particularly nice. :)

I think that, outside of Soundwave, I'm done with the animated line at this point, though, unless Shockwave finds his way onto the show and into the toy line. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 10, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Saw a bunch of the animated figs at Brooklyn Park WalMart today.  They were cooler than I expected, but not cool enough to buy. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:15 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 10, 2008, 10:05 PM »
Saw a bunch of the animated figs at Brooklyn Park WalMart today.  They were cooler than I expected, ut not cool enough to buy. 

Watch the toon.....It'll change your mind.   Even though you're not a hard core collector - neither am I for that matter.  You forgot a "b" in there somewhere in your post though.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 10, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Saw a bunch of the animated figs at Brooklyn Park WalMart today.  They were cooler than I expected, ut not cool enough to buy. 

Watch the toon.....It'll change your mind.   Even though you're not a hard core collector - neither am I for that matter.  You forgot a "b" in there somewhere in your post though.   ;)

When and where is it on?  Won't get suckered into uying these, ut would like to check out the cartoon anyway.  Oh, and I never forget my b's.  :)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 10, 2008, 10:36 PM »
Saw the green van and Megatron from the animated show at the Riverdale WM tonight.  They looked ok.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 10, 2008, 10:38 PM »
Cartoon Network @ 9:30AM CST.  You've missed out on quite a bit, but this has been the best toon version of TF since G1...and I've been a fan since 84.   ;)

Tivo or VCR it...can't hurt to try it.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 10, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Cartoon Network @ 9:30AM CST.

Duh!  :o  You missed which days they are on.  That would be Saturday mornings and then a repeat on Sunday mornings as well.  Believe me, I know.  We have to watch it twice every weekend.  ::)   ;)

Jeff

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 10, 2008, 11:06 PM »
I almost forgot, I also saw the Prime/Megatron combo pack with the DVD today at WalMart.  Funny thing, there was no price on the shelf, so when I went to scan the box, it came up as "See Associate".  I guess these weren't supposed to be out yet, hmmmm?

Jeff

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 11, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Cartoon Network @ 9:30AM CST.

Duh!  :o  You missed which days they are on.  That would be Saturday mornings and then a repeat on Sunday mornings as well.  Believe me, I know.  We have to watch it twice every weekend.  ::)   ;)

Jeff

Also, for anyone wanting to catch up on older episodes, I noticed the other morning that CN is replaying older ones at 5 and 5:30.  I'm not sure if that is still going on, but it was last week.  I've caught some of the episodes, and they weren't too bad really - the ones I saw anyways.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 11, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Yup... double episodes every morning from 5-6 at least through the 25th.  I missed quite a bit so I'm setting phaser to record.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 11, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Yup... double episodes every morning from 5-6 at least through the 25th.  I missed quite a bit so I'm setting phaser to record.

I have been DVR'ing the CN episodes. It is okay. Not a big fan of the redo's that they have done to Prime & Bumble Bee, but the Megatron is cool in Robot mode (looks like G1).
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!