Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362959 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #930 on: June 11, 2008, 11:00 PM »
I don't get the Cartoon Network anymore, so no dice.   :'(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #931 on: June 13, 2008, 02:18 AM »
Finally found some Animated toys tonight. I only found the first wave of Deluxes, but the Cybertron Mode Prime was there, so I bought one. I like it. :)
The transformation was fun, not overly complex like the movie toys, plus the articulation is amazing. I didn't have any issues with loose joints or missed paint apps, at least from what I can tell.

I wasn't a big fan of this design aesthetic when it was first shown, but I'm taken in now. I doubt I'll buy the whole line, but Grimlock, Jazz, Prowl, and Soundwave look pretty neat to me, and I'm looking forward to owning them. And this is coming from a 'trukk not munky' guy.

I think I might start watching the show, too. I see the first season is on DVD in August, so that's good.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 13, 2008, 06:55 PM »
One of my Targets did an early endcap reset so it looks like Deep Space Screaming Meemy will be on the top shelf and the three shelves below will be all Animated Voyagers.  Me got Grimlock this morning and I can't wait to get home and set him loose.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 14, 2008, 01:28 AM »
Finally seen the animated TFs at Target and TRU last night.  I think we've seen most of them, yet my son didn't want to spend his allowence on any.  So I guess I'm not too worried about them now. 

Also saw at a couple of Targets over the past two days, end caps with the Target exclusive Deep Space Starscream. 

Jeff

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 16, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Any one pick up the Deep Space Starscream? Any thoughts on it?

I have been debating picking that one up.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 16, 2008, 09:22 PM »

KW has a half endcap dedicated to it.  Looked interesting, but I just couldn't do it.  I don't like that mode and have the MP StarScream, which is light years beyond this one.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 16, 2008, 10:38 PM »

KW has a half endcap dedicated to it.  Looked interesting, but I just couldn't do it.  I don't like that mode and have the MP StarScream, which is light years beyond this one.   :-\

Yup...I can't stand that mold of Screamer, but I did snag the Target G1 movie color scheme at $5 even though I hate it.  It's nice to be able to hide things at Target.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 17, 2008, 12:24 AM »
Saw the Deep Space Starscream, but my son opted for his first animated TF over the weekend.  We picked up Prowl.  Heck of a lot easier for a 5 year old to transform and no frustrated fathers having to do it for them.  :D

Jeff

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 17, 2008, 02:01 PM »
I saw the animated Transformers figures at TRU and at least one WM this weekend.  They're kind of cool looking.  The Prowl and Starscream both looked like fun.  I don't think I'll be picking any up, however.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 17, 2008, 04:06 PM »

Been trying to find one of those MP Starscreams at the store with no luck. Not willing to pay online prices either.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 17, 2008, 04:11 PM »
Been trying to find one of those MP Starscreams at the store with no luck. Not willing to pay online prices either.

WM sold out of MP Screamer about 5-6 months ago (the ones that bothered to carry him)

Sorry Ryan.   :'(

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 17, 2008, 09:17 PM »
Dunno if there's any other Canadian Transformers fans on these boards, but if so, Classics Universe have started showing up at Canadian Wal-Marts. I picked up Prowl and Sunstreaker tonight, both of which are pretty cool!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 17, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Now I hate Canada as well.   >:(   

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 17, 2008, 10:32 PM »

:P  :-*

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 19, 2008, 06:20 PM »
MP Cracker & some new Nissan Binaltech 

I reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope they release both in the states.