Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360232 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Transformers
« Reply #990 on: August 3, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 16, 2008, 07:12 PM »
So yeah, while nice, I would have preferred they dropped the electronics and release them as Voyagers, but hey, what can you do?

Lame.  I just picked up the pair and I would have been fine with larger bots as to having stupid lights and sounds - as these are "obviously" geared toward collectors.   Still kinda pissed that Target is charging $3 more for the animated leaders.

Will he have interchangable faces like on the cartoon?  I always liked how that old school He-Man character (forgot his name) rotated faces on the action figure.  Maybe they will come out with something like that.

He has three faces and he's been spotted in the states.  Keep your eyes open. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 16, 2008, 07:14 PM »
When am I going to be able to buy a binaltech Arcee in the states?  :(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 16, 2008, 07:21 PM »

Never..  Get over it and buy the Jap version.  I'm not going there myself - never purchased any Binaltechs or those filthy versions with the half naked girls.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 17, 2008, 12:33 AM »

Never..  Get over it and buy the Jap version.  I'm not going there myself - never purchased any Binaltechs or those filthy versions with the half naked girls.

Half nekkid robot girls sems like a silly concept.  I just want my damn alternators line to come back.   :'(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 18, 2008, 06:13 PM »
3rd party MP Roller comes out in November.

Kinda interesting.  I may bite to compliment my trailer.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 19, 2008, 09:22 AM »
3rd party MP Roller comes out in November.

Kinda interesting.  I may bite to compliment my trailer.

I have the 20th Anniversay Prime, and they sell the trailer that doesn't transform like the Masterpiece trailer, but I might finally get the Trailer and Roller now.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 26, 2008, 05:20 PM »
ick and icky  I can't beleive Hasbro keeps repainting these silly things especially since the movie is long gone.  Would have been nice to get this line clearanced out, but looks like they're going to keep going with the same skus for TF2.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #998 on: August 27, 2008, 02:47 AM »
I got to thinking about next summer and its inevitable movie line. I think it may have been dumb for me to spend so much time hunting the Premium BB since they're probably going to do a really fantastic new version in that line. But there's really no excuse for that orange Allspark-killed Megatron. I passed on the Premium Leader Megatron, and don't regret it. My Best Buy exclusive version is just fine.

I finally found the Animated Soundwave tonight. I'm really liking it. But I'm a little biased, being a fiend for Soundwave toys.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 27, 2008, 06:33 PM »
Seacons up for preorder

Very pricey set I must say, but it's a TFCC exclusive, so no suprise there.  Never owned the G1 originals or the Korean knock-offs, but I'm ordering because I've been waiting since these were announced as an WM unknown store exclusive back in 04 I think it was.  Not that I would have actually have found this set if WM would have bit.

Starting to get very expensive in my collecting pool with everything else going on, but So Far, So Good... So What!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 29, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Finally found the Animated Blitzwing at Wal-Mart yesterday.  They only had one on the shelf (along with one each of Lugnut and Grimlock that weren't there the day before), and the box was beaten all to hell, but I was opening it anyway.  :)

First of all, the jet mode is VERY unstable.  There isn't a lot of security in the back section, and if you pick it up, the legs/tank treads immediately come loose.  The back stabilizer fin/turret section only rests on the treads, and it has a tendency to flop around as well.  Sculpt-wise it looks great, but it fails as a toy in that mode.

The tank mode, while simple, stays together very well, and works.  It's not the G1 styled tank look, and is pretty strange looking when compared to "real world" vehicles today, but it looks nice and that's the mode that mine will be staying in on display due to the cruddy jet mode.

The robot mode, of course, looks pretty spot-on with the television show, and the spinning head works well.  I was halfway expecting Hasbro to make the three faces stickers instead of a molded head, but they are molded, and look great.  I'm keeping mine's head stuck in the "monocle" face, though, as I find the notion of a TF with a monocle to be endlessly amusing for some reason.  Great articulation, and good paint apps where necessary.

I'd give him a 4 out of 5, and he only loses that extra point for the cruddy jet mode.  IMO, Lugnut is still the best of the Voyager class so far.

Also found Universe/Classics 2.0 Galvatron at the same Wal-Mart the day before.  Not impressed at all with him.  The transformation is endlessly confusing (parts kept falling off the first three times I tried to change him into robot mode and back), and the face sculpt looks pretty silly.  No sign of Acid Storm (and I probably won't get him even if I do see him), but so far the Deluxe Class Decepticons are 0 for 2.  :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 29, 2008, 10:52 AM »
I agree with Universe Galvatron being a stinker. I bought him last night, and I knew he was going to be a cruddy toy. Of course, I could tell that from the pics that came from Botcon this year.

If Takara/Tomy makes their own version, I wonder if it will be better. But for the frist Decepticon I've purchased from this new line, I'm pretty disappointed.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 31, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Found 2 Prowl tites at TRU today.  Pretty sure these ship 3 to a case, so I missed Grimmy.  Not really diggin the price, but it's a TRU exclusive so I don't really have a choice.   :-\

I also noticed that Soundblaster is on the back of the packaging so hopefully he comes to light.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 05:48 PM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: September 6, 2008, 05:23 PM »
My local WM dedicated half of their Star Wars display to TF Animated now, so I was finally able to find Jazz. They also had a bunch of movie Ultimate BBs, which I thought was weird since they have them now and at $35. I also saw a ton of the Bumblebee 3-pack with the Animated, Classics, and movie versions. It was about $30, so I passed. I kind of want the Animated BB and the newly-painted BB, but I really don't need another movie figure, so I passed. I bet this thing will be a hit with its intended audience, though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 6, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Funny - I was at a local WM the other day and they had three center aisle displays of transformers out as well.  Still one 4x4 of Star Wars vehicles, but definitely a big Transformers push this month.  They had in some kind of Deluxe red helecopter autobot and a Deluxe beige/cam tank - sorry, can't remember the names. 

Let's face it, outside of Masterpiece Editions the transformers figs have been a pile of turds on sticks ever since they dropped the Alternators figs.   :(