Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360125 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1020 on: September 19, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Japan is finally rolling out take on Classics which is called Henkei and they're all have vastly superior paint apps compared to the US versions.  Megs and Screamer have been released in that line, but it's going to cost you just as much for the import as it would be to track down an original on eBay or what not.

....but here's more pics of RH/Classics/Animated stuff.  I do see a Classics Screamer in the gallery so he just might get rereleased.  *still hoping we get the other three seekers*

Oh - and I love that Snarl(Slag)/Sharkticon set.   :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 01:00 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1021 on: September 19, 2008, 01:02 PM »
I'm liking the Perceptor RH set, as well as the Universe Cyclonus and Hound. I see Cyclonus is a Targetmaster, which is neat.

I picked up the Animated Snarl today. I guess since they want to sell these in the UK, they renamed him from Slag to Snarl. So what would they call Snarl now?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:02 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 19, 2008, 01:39 PM »
Japan is finally rolling out take on Classics which is called Henkei and they're all have vastly superior paint apps compared to the US versions.  Megs and Screamer have been released in that line, but it's going to cost you just as much for the import as it would be to track down an original on eBay or what not.

....but here's more pics of RH/Classics/Animated stuff.  I do see a Classics Screamer in the gallery so he just might get rereleased.  *still hoping we get the other three seekers*

Oh - and I love that Snarl(Slag)/Sharkticon set.   :)

Is that Inferno near the bottom?  That doesn't look half bad for being outside the Alternators line.  Wonder how his scale matches up...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 21, 2008, 07:07 PM »
Found time to crack open Animated Megs - awesome for the most part, but he seems to be missing some size/girth.  Also got around to Universe Tankor.  What a POS he is. 

Is that Inferno near the bottom?  That doesn't look half bad for being outside the Alternators line.  Wonder how his scale matches up...

He's a DLX $9.99 dealy so he's pretty small compared to the Alts.

He's a Voyager $19.99 dealy

Also - TRU is having a buy 2 dlx get 1 free sale this week.  Been holding off on Streaker & Prowl due to the icky paint apps, but I'm finally going to cave and get em out of the way since I'm not paying $40 for the Henkei versions.

Oh....DisneyFormers  ya...ok
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:19 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 24, 2008, 02:23 PM »
Looks like Transformers is finally getting the QnA treatment from Hasbro.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 25, 2008, 04:24 PM »
WalMart seems to have a nice huge floor display for a push in TFs with a mix of movie, animated and Bumblebee packs, but besides a few new WalMart exclusive movie ones, it's pretty much all old stuff.   :-\

Jeff

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 30, 2008, 05:35 PM »
My son and I finally found the animated Swoop at WalMart this past weekend.  It only came to $7.77 before tax.  What a deal.  "Son" was happy for catching up on his Dinobots and "Daddy" was happy for the cheaper price.  :)

Jeff

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 1, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I'm a little more out of touch with the TF stuff than many of you are, but I did get an e-mail from BBTS saying that my Transformers Universe Sideswipe preorder was now ready to ship.  I think this is Wave 3 of that line, but I just thought I'd post here if anyone was looking to order (or if they would be hitting retail before long).  I can't afford to grab many Transformers, but the Classics/Universe stuff is really cool, and Sideswipe was one of my favorite bots as a kid so I had to pick it up.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 1, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Yup.  Looks like w3 has hit retail as well.  BBTS is actually about 25-30 miles from my home and I guess I have them to thank for not finding any MP Screamers in my neck of the woods (from what I read)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 2, 2008, 11:29 AM »
I have accidentally misplaced my MP-05 Megatron instructions for transforming him. Does anyone have or know where I can get a PDF copy of the instructions similar to what Hasbro has on their website for the transformers there?

Thanks
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 2, 2008, 11:37 AM »
I do see a Classics Screamer in the gallery so he just might get rereleased.

Not sure if anyone else is interested, but sort of in line with answering my own question from earlier - I noticed that BBTS has the Classics/Universe Starscream up for preorder, coming in Wave 4.  It appears it is getting re-released, so that's good news for those like me who missed the earlier version.  Hopefully we'll see Megatron down the road as well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 2, 2008, 05:24 PM »
Animated Jetfire & Jetstorm

Lame..

I have accidentally misplaced my MP-05 Megatron instructions for transforming him. Does anyone have or know where I can get a PDF copy of the instructions

Bad move on "misplacing" the instructions - especially on an MP.  No dice on a copy, but I'm sure there's something out there.  Mine's packed away.   :-\

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 2, 2008, 05:27 PM »
I have accidentally misplaced my MP-05 Megatron instructions for transforming him. Does anyone have or know where I can get a PDF copy of the instructions

Bad move on "misplacing" the instructions - especially on an MP.  No dice on a copy, but I'm sure there's something out there.  Mine's packed away.   :-\

Just means that tonight after my son't swim leasons I get to go cleaning to see if I can find it. There are only 4 different places it could be...

1. In my storage room down stairs
2. In my filing cabinet down stais
3. In my storage in my garage
4. Thrown away.

Here is hoping for 1-3 and not 4.

Update -

Found it in my storage area downstairs at 1045 last night. I decided to go looking for it at 1020 after playing The Force Unleashed for over an hour, and clearing out some stuff on my DVR. Tonight he goes from gun to robot so I can have him out and not have to worry about my son playing with a gun.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2008, 09:19 AM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 3, 2008, 10:34 AM »
I see TFormers.com has put up pics of new Universe figures Hound w/Ravage, Cheetor, and Cyclonus w/Nightstick.  I kind of like the Hound figure, always wanted that one as a kid.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 4, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Found Sideswipe & Bluestreak this morning.  No sign of Ironhide though.  These lil guys are the next best thing to the ALTs were. 

More please.   :)