Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363806 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1080 on: November 21, 2008, 05:50 PM »
ROTF Superion  Not sure why he's in that packaging, but it gives you a taste of what you'll be seeing in the toy aisles for the next few years.

Better size comparison of MP Grimmy He obviously dwarfs the G1 toy, but still doesn't look to be too tall compared to Classics Prime.  Oh well, he's still on my list.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 21, 2008, 05:53 PM »
ROTF Superion  Not sure why he's in that packaging, but it gives you a taste of what you'll be seeing in the toy aisles for the next few years.

Better size comparison of MP Grimmy He obviously dwarfs the G1 toy, but still doesn't look to be too tall compared to Classics Prime.  Oh well, he's still on my list.

I wish I could read the text around the pictures to know what the captions are.  Still not willing to pay this price, even for a Masterpiece.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 24, 2008, 09:45 AM »
TFormers has some pics up of what may be the toy of the movie Soundwave figure.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 24, 2008, 10:06 AM »

Ya.  It's lame - just like almost all of the first movie toys.  I liked the movie and the designs, but not so much on the toy front.  Going to save some $ this time.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 24, 2008, 04:54 PM »

Ya.  It's lame - just like almost all of the first movie toys.  I liked the movie and the designs, but not so much on the toy front.  Going to save some $ this time.

These are amazingly bad.  I keep hoping they'll put out something new worth buying, but I'll be saving my modey as well. 

I know some might label me a G1 elitist, but I loved transformers because the vehicle mode looked like a vehicle and the robot mode looked like a robot.  This new stuff fails on both fronts - something that doesn't look like a robot transforms into something that doesn't look like a vehicle. 

You'd have more luck finding a robot shape in a bag of potato chips.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 2, 2008, 12:07 PM »
I noticed that HTS has a "$10 Deal of the Day" feature now, and today it is a number of Transformers figures.  I don't know if there is anything anyone is looking for, but there are a number of $20-$26 Transformers available for $10 today.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 2, 2008, 12:46 PM »
holiday25 for 25% off and free shipping over $50 good till 12/15.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 3, 2008, 05:45 PM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 9, 2008, 03:13 PM »
Has anyone picked up the Universe "Special Edition" Megatron that is available at HTS?  I don't think I'll be able to buy many more Transformers going into next year, but I have the Classics Prime and Bumblebee, and have the Universe/Classics Starscream on the way - and always wanted to get a Megatron to have a set of four (2 vs. 2) to display if nothing else.  Anyways, I missed the "gun" version of Megatron in the Classics line, and haven't heard of a re-release, so I was wondering if this might be a decent version to get - or if I should hold out for a new or re-release of the true G1-ish Megatron?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 9, 2008, 03:21 PM »
I have the original version that came packed with Prime and a DVD.  I didn't care much for either of them, but they looked decent in bot mode, but other than that I thought both versions were just horrible in that they seemed oddly designed and very loose.  Can't quite put my finger on it, but I'd hold out for a better Megs.  Hell - I'd give you my movie version if I could find that POS.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 18, 2008, 12:56 PM »
All movie figs and Targets endcap of repaints (including G1 Prime) are on clearance here in MN for 50% off.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1091 on: December 19, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Man, I'd totally get that Prime for $35. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll see that here until 1/5.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 20, 2008, 12:38 AM »
Picked up the Cyclonus and Hound at the Toys R Us in Blaine, MN today.  Both are very cool.  Cyclonus and Nightstick are awesome.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 20, 2008, 06:04 PM »
Man, I'd totally get that Prime for $35. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll see that here until 1/5.

PM me if you want me to pick one up for you.   ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1094 on: December 20, 2008, 06:38 PM »
Thanks, but I think I'll wait. I still have presents to buy and stuff, so $35 isn't overly easy to find as of now.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk