Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360174 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1110 on: January 4, 2009, 10:26 PM »
ROTF Leader Prime image

Dang. And I thought the one from the first movie was a great-looking toy. This one looks even better. I still don't know why these movie Primes can have long smokestacks while the G1 reissues stateside can't.

I like his santa-sled shaped boots.  I think this is supposed to be the ROTFL Leader Prime.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 4, 2009, 10:35 PM »
Some new pics of MP Grimlock and Cyclonus up on Siebertron.com

Cyclonus looks pretty sweet - anyone know if that's in line with the Alternators scale?  Same question on the "Alternity" line of figures - that Megatron looks nice (though I wish they had just made it some other character - Megs as a car seems so wrong).
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 5, 2009, 10:45 AM »
I still don't know why these movie Primes can have long smokestacks while the G1 reissues stateside can't.

I think someone at Hasbro just likes messing with us.  Look at the 25th Ann Prime that just got released/clearanced - full price was $70.  I doubt that many parents would spend that kind of money for so little product.  They should have included longer stacks in the set at best to switch out before little Jonny goes on a killing spree.

Cyclonus looks pretty sweet - anyone know if that's in line with the Alternators scale?  Same question on the "Alternity" line of figures - that Megatron looks nice (though I wish they had just made it some other character - Megs as a car seems so wrong).

Cyclonus and the Alternity figs are deluxe scale ($10)  Megs was going to be a Cadillac (car) in the ALT line before Hasbro bailed out.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 9, 2009, 05:01 PM »
Encore: #16 Bruticus - Combaticons Box Set

This is a nice suprise - but rather pricey.  I remember paying around $150ish for the Predaking reissue a few years back when it first came out so this doesn't really add up to me.  Probably the only molds that Tak/Tomy still has of the original gestalts, but it's about time they got around to releasing this set in the G1 color scheme.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 9, 2009, 05:13 PM »
If I was doing the combiners that would be a great price for the set, but thankfully I am not doing that set. I don't think my wallet or my wife could deal with it.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1115 on: January 9, 2009, 10:01 PM »
If that was the Constructicons for $95, I'd be all over it. But I have the Bruticus that was released in the RiD line (for about $60 less than this set) so I really don't need it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 10, 2009, 12:36 AM »
If that was the Constructicons for $95, I'd be all over it. But I have the Bruticus that was released in the RiD line (for about $60 less than this set) so I really don't need it.

Agreed - as far as the Construticons go, but no dice at $95 which is WAYYY too much IMO  Plenty of half-assed knock offs out there, so why can't Tak/Tom mold them?  I got burned really bad at Wheeljackslab on eBay on my combiners a few years back when I was building back my collection.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 10, 2009, 01:19 AM »
If I was doing the combiners that would be a great price for the set, but thankfully I am not doing that set. I don't think my wallet or my wife could deal with it.

I have a knock off of this set from Big Lots that cost $9.99.  I think I'll stick with that.   ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 10, 2009, 01:42 AM »
Those KO combiners suck. I bought a set of Constructicons at Walgreens last year, and it was the worst $6 I ever spent. None of the figures fit together, they can barely transform, and you can feel the lead in the plastic on your fingers.

That's why I'd gladly pay $95 to BBTS or any other importer for a nice reissue set. I haven't seen any individual piece of a vintage Devastator sell for less than $15-20 a piece, though I'll admit I haven't looked for a while.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 10, 2009, 09:11 PM »
Those KO combiners suck. I bought a set of Constructicons at Walgreens last year, and it was the worst $6 I ever spent. None of the figures fit together, they can barely transform, and you can feel the lead in the plastic on your fingers.

That's why I'd gladly pay $95 to BBTS or any other importer for a nice reissue set. I haven't seen any individual piece of a vintage Devastator sell for less than $15-20 a piece, though I'll admit I haven't looked for a while.

I'm not sure what Walgreens is selling, but I have this set and the arielbots from Big Lots and they're pretty decent.  The stickers are goofy and even the paint jobs aren't the best, but they all had tight joints and transformed just fine.  I didn't feel any lead in the plastic either - perhaps you've got a superpower that you were unaware of.   ;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12 PM »
I have one of the knock off's that Ben is talking about, but I got mine on eBay many years ago.  I can just look at that thing and parts start breaking off.

Picked up Animated Blurr & Swindle for $7.77 at WM over the weekend. Also saw the black Megatron repaint, but no green/brown Ultra Magnus.  I caved and bought the clearanced clear lockdown at Target - just to have since he's kinda cool looking, but I still can't bring myself to buy the other two dinobots outside of Grimmy who's getting a new paint job in May.  No pics.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 17, 2009, 01:08 AM »
Encore #17

Ratbat(!), Slugfest, Ramhorn and Steeljaw.

I'd be genuinely excited if BBTS didn't want $48 for it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 17, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Lazerbeak has also been replaced by Buzzsaw in set #1 so that's a definate buy for me.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 22, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Saw the animated combiner plane guys today......Put them back on the shelf after throwing up in my mouth a little. 

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 22, 2009, 04:33 PM »
If there was someone who was interested in getting the Autobot cassettes and would split the cost of the sets for them I would consider, but I can't justify buying these sets when I can't get rid of the ones I don't want.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!