Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360282 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1140 on: February 15, 2009, 08:09 AM »
Check TRU as well.  I picked up the Prime and Megatron Muggs at a local TRU on Friday.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 16, 2009, 02:51 PM »
Found Animated Wreck Gar over the weekend.  He's a voyager class, but the same size as a Dlx.  Maybe he's hiding a lot of his height somewhere, not sure, but left him behind. 

Not commenting on the movie stuff.....2' x 4' though?  sheeesh.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1142 on: February 17, 2009, 12:11 AM »
Not commenting on the movie stuff.....2' x 4' though?  sheeesh.

I thought I was over with bitching about the movie designs, but after seeing Devastator, I'm just shocked that someone could take an awesome concept like ******* COMBINING ROBOTS and make it look like the trash heap character from Fraggle Rock.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 17, 2009, 03:52 PM »
Saw the new Muggs at Kmart the other day....

Awesomeness is the right of all sentient beings   thought that was hillarious, compared to the Star Wars Muggs quote.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 04:13 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 27, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Rumors around the interweb are that TF Animated will be cancelled/put on hold come this May.  Not that anyone cares though.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 2, 2009, 12:14 AM »
For those who have Fred Meyer's in the neighborhood, they marked down the 25th Optimus down to $35 bucks.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 3, 2009, 12:01 AM »
Rumors around the interweb are that TF Animated will be cancelled/put on hold come this May.  Not that anyone cares though.

You're right about that.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 3, 2009, 09:17 PM »
I regret buying every single animated figure in this line - not that anyone cares though.

Seriously....I hate these things

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 11, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Still trying to dig up all the latest answers from Hasbro, but I think this is a good start even though it has already been rumored for Grimmy....Though I'm sure they'd make his tale shorter for safety reasons or some bull**** like that.

2) Will we see American versions of the Masterpiece Grimlock, Thundercracker, and Skywarp figures?

We feel that the Masterpiece Series is a great offering that captures the timelessness of our brand for all fans of Transformers. As we continue to move forward with the brand we will look for the right opportunities to release these figures. With that said, I would certainly keep your eyes on the look out for one of these in the near future!

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 19, 2009, 04:10 PM »
Saw some pictures of the MP Grimlock over at tfw2005.com and now I'm sure I have to buy this figure.  However, I really don't have $150 to spend on it right now.  I hope it doesn't sell out and I can buy it later on.  Apparently it starts shipping soon.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 20, 2009, 02:22 AM »
I hope Hasbro will see the light and release Grimlock in the states. $150 is just too much for this, regardless of how awesome it is. Release it as a TRU exclusive or something.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: March 20, 2009, 10:37 AM »
I hope Hasbro will see the light and release Grimlock in the states. $150 is just too much for this, regardless of how awesome it is. Release it as a TRU exclusive or something.

Then it would be $150   ::)    ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 20, 2009, 02:07 PM »
I don't think so. In the $75-100 neighborhood, yes, but still a lot cheaper.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 20, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Who knows?  It will be interesting to see what pans out though even though the Ultimate BB and the $100 Devastator will be out when the movie hits and I'm guessing that's around the same time the next US MP will be out....

Forgot that Screamer was released in the Fall...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 02:38 PM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 20, 2009, 10:34 PM »
I doubt it would be this year. I think Devastator is their big-ticket item for this year, and it was at least a year or more before Screamer was released here after being released in Japan. Of course, this is all speculation, since Hasbro hasn't made any plans known for any further MP releases here.