Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358860 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2004, 11:43 PM »
Jazz really should be the Porsche GT2, IMO.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2004, 03:01 PM »
I haven't bought a Transformer since the 80's and Generation One, but I grabbed Smokescreen last week and I'll get Optimus and Hound for sure (still on the fence about Sideswipe).

I really enjoy the scale of these Alternators--Smokescreen is mixed in among some Star Wars figures, and he looks about the right size towering over them just enough. I'm sure Optimus will be really impressive in just such a display. The articulation really impressed me as well. Poseable trigger-fingers? Outstanding!!!

I can see the Mazda being Jazz as far as the transformation is concerned, but why an almost identical transformation to the Subaru and the Jeep? It seems there ought to be more variety to these this early in the game. Why not a Wheeljack or Sunstreaker?

I've also heard rumors of at least one jet being in the works (I'm sure repaints could follow easily). Then all we would need is a portable stereo!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 03:43 PM by Muftak »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2004, 09:58 AM »
I haven't had a Transformer toy since my childhood, but the Alternators line is awfully tempting.  I haven't seen any of these in person yet, but from what I have seen online they all look pretty great.  I guess I don't really have the $ or room, so I should just forget about it...but they do look pretty great :).

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2004, 05:30 AM »
Came across this pic earlier in the day, thought it was hilarious and wanted to share...  ;D

Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers toys
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2004, 01:33 PM »
Energon Prime: Daddy, why does Hasbro hate me?

:D

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2004, 12:14 AM »
Energon Prime: Daddy, why does Hasbro hate me?

:D

MP Prime: I ain't yo daddy ya freak!  :P

Just found some news from seibertron.com about a Q&A that went down with Hasbro, with news about a 6th Alternator and the G1 re-issues:

Q: Is the Corvette ALTERNATOR a remold of the Viper or all new?
A: The ALTERNATORS Chevrolet Corvette "AUTOBOT TRACKS" is an entirely new mold. We will not use the same molds to create two different cars from different car manufacturers.

Q: Are there plans to re-release Sunstreaker in the G1 Commemorative Series?
A: No, there are no plans to release G1 Sunstreaker at this time.

So we're getting a Vette alternator, WOOOOOOO!!!  :D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2004, 02:15 AM »
Speaking of a Vette Alternator, tformers.com had a news post about this eBay auction for a prototype of Tracks. Looks pretty good so far, an accurate portrayal of a modern Corvette and a fairly cool looking bot. I just hope that since this is a prototype they aren't going to stick with that butt ugly yellow color.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2004, 09:22 AM »
Anyone else find the Hasbro Sideswipe yet? Happened across him last night at Wal*Mart--there seemed to be an even number of Vipers and Subarus, so I'd assume they're shipping equally per case. Might make Sideswipe a little scarce in the short run, though.

I had fears that Sideswipe wouldn't be as posable as Smokescreen, but they were vastly unfounded. All the same articulation is included, in both modes, front wheel axle-magnets, trigger-fingers, and all. I am very impressed with this line. Can't wait for Hound.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 8, 2004, 01:15 AM »
Yeah I just found Sideswipe this evening, looks like a case had been put out today as there was the lone Sideswipe which I swiped (pun intended :P) and 4 Smokescreens.

The transformation on Sideswipe was a lot quicker for me than on Smokescreen, The only things that concern me are that the steering wheel popped off easily when trying to finish the torso and it could easily get lost. Plus his legs look a little crooked when standing normally. But overall another great TF!!!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2004, 12:38 AM »
TFormers.com has a gallery of Hasbro's TF offerings at Toy Fair....

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=2541&dispsize=800&start=0

Looks like Tracks will remain yellow. It looks like such a cool TF, but the yellow coloring is a big distraction.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2004, 05:04 PM »
My fiance' got me the 20th Ann. Optimus Prime for Valentine's Day! I'm a very lucky guy. The box was a little smashed up (which is probably why it was at the store for her to find at all).

I haven't enjoyed a toy this much for a long long time. The transformation is surprisingly smooth, actually simpler than the Alternators I've played with so far. The sheer weight of this thing is something to be admired. The tiny hydraulics are top-notch details...all the little touches really make this so much more-- the little leg vents, the moving mouth plate, the flip-screens on his arms. It's one of the best-made toys I've ever owned.

Tracks looks a little dodgy to me, so far. Not much like his G1 namesake at all, is he? Well, except for the red face...

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2004, 02:54 AM »

Tracks looks a little dodgy to me, so far. Not much like his G1 namesake at all, is he? Well, except for the red face...

Yeah Tracks doesn't look as streamlined as his G1 counterpart, but I think overall it's a cool looking bot even with the fugly yellow.

Hasbro's announced that the Mazda RX-8 Alternator will be known as Camshaft (one of the G1 Omnibots). So there ends the rumors of Jazz being the RX-8...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2004, 02:42 AM »
Off topic of Transformer toys, but stil TF-related-

From this week's The Onion-

Transformer Refuses To Change Back
Into Volkswagen

CYBOTRON—Following an intense battle with Megatron and his evil Decepticons Monday, former robot-in-disguise Bumblebee refused to revert to his natural state as a yellow Volkswagen Beetle. "I hid my existence in this world by taking the form of a vehicle! I revealed my true nature when I was called upon to protect earth!" said Bumblebee, a member of Optimus Prime's heroic Autobots force. "I refuse to change back into a humiliating bubble-shaped compact car!" Bumblebee added that Megatron arrived on earth with one goal: Destruction!

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2004, 01:18 PM »
For a last Bday gift I got the new 20th Anniversary O-Prime in the mail from my Aunt in New York. This is one cool Transformer. I am not into the new Transformers line but I was into the original line long ago. This Prime brings back many memories. A nice piece. I recomend picking it up.

Only if my brothers and I still had those old Transformers...
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2004, 04:01 AM »
Saw recently at a Target, 20th Anniversary Primes on clearance for $48.98 (down from $69.99). I passed on it as I didn't have $50 to burn, but if you're looking for a cheaper Prime, it may not hurt to check out the local Targets.

Does anyone know if Wave 5 of the Heroes of Cybertron line have come out yet? All I see nowadays are Wave 2 leftovers at a time where I haven't even finished Wave 4. :(
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin