Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362632 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1155 on: April 1, 2009, 03:55 PM »
I got notification from BBTS that my Grimlock came in. $150 for him was a little steep, but I liked the look of Megatron so I thought I would get it. Has anyone gotten theirs yet and can give me feedback on it. My wife is less than happy that I spent that on 1 toy, so before I hit the ship my loot button I wanted to get other peoples feedback on it if they got it already.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 1, 2009, 04:36 PM »
I got notification from BBTS that my Grimlock came in. $150 for him was a little steep, but I liked the look of Megatron so I thought I would get it. Has anyone gotten theirs yet and can give me feedback on it. My wife is less than happy that I spent that on 1 toy, so before I hit the ship my loot button I wanted to get other peoples feedback on it if they got it already.

If you get it and don't like it Ryan, I'll buy it for $75.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 1, 2009, 05:56 PM »

If you get it and don't like it Ryan, I'll buy it for $75.   ;)

Keep dreaming. I am getting what I have into it out.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 1, 2009, 08:28 PM »
Getting ready to sell my extra MIMSB Brave Max on the Bay from a few years back (03-04?) - prompted I can find him in my grand garage of toys....  Really strapped for cash at the moment and he seems to be extremely rare.  Probably the only extra I've ever purchased with the thought of the possibility of making a buck or two.  No I'm not evil, this was an investment as I doubted he'd ever be released again - especially now with the lead paint scare and more secure test drops.  Haven't sold anything on there in years.  Hopefully it's seamless.

-not a scalper
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 2, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1160 on: April 2, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Yeah, they would include Ratbat in a pack like this.

$50 is pretty steep, and given my past record with Hasbro SDCC exclusives, I probably shouldn't even try to want this thing.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 3, 2009, 01:03 AM »
That Soundwave is really cool.  If it wasn't $50 I might go for it.  I've actually had pretty decent luck with the SDCC exclusives the last couple of years as long as they make it to HTS.com.  Have to see if there's any money in the budget.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 3, 2009, 10:09 AM »
It's the same Soundwave they released 2 years ago at Toys R Us.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 4, 2009, 05:16 PM »
It's the same Soundwave they released 2 years ago at Toys R Us.

Those are just random generic misc photos.  Notice the double door on Soundwave when he's transformed, but single in his alt mode?  Also note Ravage's worn legs and missles - not to mention the gold chrome weapons on Ratbat.

Not sure how many Soundwaves I have at this point, but I'll probably cave on this and buy it.  Stooopid me.   ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 4, 2009, 05:33 PM »
I don't know if anyone is interested in these anymore, but I noticed that our local Target has put the Transformers Universe deluxe line on clearance now (sitting at about $9 each so far, which isn't a whole lot of difference).  I noticed a Starscream, several Cheetors, and the dinobot figures on clearance at our store today.  I suppose they're making room for the movie stuff now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 4, 2009, 05:45 PM »
I don't know if anyone is interested in these anymore, but I noticed that our local Target has put the Transformers Universe deluxe line on clearance now

No one does - not here anyways, but this has been the case at random Targets for weeks now, but it hasn't reached my neck of the woods.  Would like to pick up some of the larger repaints when they hit clearance though, but I still need to find Ratchet before this line is done away with.

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 6, 2009, 02:38 PM »
Just picked up the Animated Voyager Shockwave with the small Bumblebee for 4.99 @ Target. Saved $41.00 They also had Starscream clone and Ratchet for the same price.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1167 on: April 7, 2009, 03:56 AM »
Damn, I'm still looking for Ratchet. Would be a shame for Target to ditch this line before he shows locally.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 8, 2009, 08:38 PM »
Hey Ben, they have a few Ratchet at Target on Clearance for $8.68.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 8, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Just picked up the Animated Voyager Shockwave with the small Bumblebee for 4.99 @ Target. Saved $41.00

This was a massive error at Target.  They were supossed to be $22.49 or so, but something got flubbed.  Also heard of a few folks finding the Target Jets for $4.99 as well.  They should have just put them all on clearance to begin with.