Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363548 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1230 on: May 30, 2009, 08:08 PM »
I noticed today that Target is actually about $1 cheaper than WM on most of their TF stuff.  I thought that was interesting because normally it's the other way around.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1231 on: May 31, 2009, 12:35 AM »
I take it that Bumblebee shipped in the first wave of regular Deluxes, because I can't find Soundwave anywhere. 'Tis bunk. However, I did pick up Sideswipe and Ransack, and was sorely tempted by Megatron and Demolishor. All in good time, I suppose.

Going back to BB, it looks like Hasbro is trying to avoid the shortage of BBs available after the first movie hit. He's everywhere.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: May 31, 2009, 01:15 PM »
I noticed today that Target is actually about $1 cheaper than WM on most of their TF stuff.  I thought that was interesting because normally it's the other way around.

E...

Really?  Not around here.  The Deluxes, Voyagers, and Leaders are $11.99, $21.99, and $44.99 respectively at Target ... and $11.88, $21.88, and $44.88 at Wal-Mart.  So, they're pretty much the same, but Wal-Mart is a bit cheaper.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 31, 2009, 03:31 PM »
We stopped by Target this morning and they had their Transformers stuff out in full force.  Two endcaps and the front of the aisle display (SW is now at the end of the aisle).  They had a little bit of everything, but the deluxes (and one endcap) were all Bumblebee and Soundwave.  Tons of Bumblebee though - but like it was mentioned I can remember him being tough to find even months after the movie release the last time around.  I was tempted to pick up Soundwave, and might later this week if they are still there.  We'll see.  The stuff does look pretty cool overall though - the kids in the store were already going crazy for it.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 31, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Having spent way too much money on TFs over the last few days, I've been seeing a few little interesting tidbits at most retailers and was curious if anyone else was seeing the same thing or something different in terms of stock patterns:

-Wal-Mart is more expensive than Target and TRU by a dollar, although this has just happened in the last 24 hours.  Whereas the Deluxes were initially 11.88, they went up today to 12.88.  Scouts are a dollar or so more expensive than both Target and TRU, although Voyagers and Leaders are at relatively the same price.

-Wal-Mart also seems to have only gotten a ton of the Sneak Preview wave and wave 1 deluxes and Voyagers.  Bumblebee is everywhere, although I've seen a LOT of them move in the last two days, and Soundwave is already nonexistent. 

-Target and TRU are the only places locally that have gotten anything past wave 1, with Target getting one case of deluxe and Voyager wave 2, and TRU getting the same, albeit in a slightly larger amount. 

-I've seen the "slight variants" of both Breakaway and Sideways at both Target and TRU so far, although neither is too different.  Sideways is more of a champagne color than the initial silver, and Breakaway is a darker brown.

-No sign of Leader class Jetfire anywhere, and the Fallen is pretty tough to locate.

-Ransack remains the greatest toy in the current line just for the sheer antiquatedness (is that even a word?) of his design. 

And not to drop spoilers or anything, but Chromia (the blue Autobot motorcycle) has some interesting extraneous parts and features that don't seem to do anything.  Is there supposed to be some kind of gestalt/combiner feature with her, Arcee, and the as-yet-unnamed third bike from the comics?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 31, 2009, 05:45 PM »
I was tempted to pick up Soundwave, and might later this week if they are still there.

You might want to wait - there's rumors he'll be coming out as a voyager - and may somehow work with Ravage.

-No sign of Leader class Jetfire anywhere

You have a few months to wait for him so save some cash.   :)

And not to drop spoilers or anything, but Chromia (the blue Autobot motorcycle) has some interesting extraneous parts and features that don't seem to do anything.  Is there supposed to be some kind of gestalt/combiner feature with her, Arcee, and the as-yet-unnamed third bike from the comics?

I've not read into too much - but yes there should be three bikes that form into one - kinda makes sence because the individual bot mode is pure crap.  SPOILER - don't quote to read!!  Apparently Bay hated everything about Arcee so she dies pretty early on in the movie - in a non emotional way.
Also - Wheelie - what a POS and a dlx at that matter?  WTF   ???  lame.......but bring on the toaster.   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 31, 2009, 06:43 PM »

E...

Really?  Not around here.  The Deluxe, Voyagers, and Leaders are $11.99, $21.99, and $44.99 respectively at Target ... and $11.88, $21.88, and $44.88 at Wal-Mart.  So, they're pretty much the same, but Wal-Mart is a bit cheaper.

Target was $11.99 or so for the Deluxe while WM was $12.88 or $12.99.  I wasn't paying that much attention at the time but did notice the $11 vs $12 price.

The Deluxe that I remember seeing were Bumblebee, Sideways and Sideswipe, Breakaway, and Rampage. 

Walmart didn't have Robot Replicas but Target did.

Target had Voyager Class Demolishor and Ironhide and I found one Starscream.  I don't recall WM having any but they probably did. 

Both stores had Leader Optimus and Megatron.

I didn't pay that close attention to the Scout Class toys or the Fast Action Battlers or the other lines.  Just the Deluxe, Voyager and Leader class.

Oh, and Target had the Bumblebee Plasma Cannon and Voice Mixer.  I know they had the Plasma Cannon because some kid was running around with it making a ****load of noise.  When his mother called him out on it he said "but it says 'Try Me!' on it!"  Yay, the little **** can read.  Too bad his mother didn't also teach him restraint or manners.

Edit to ask if Soundwave might be short packed?  The Deluxe weren't really picked over at Target but WM did look like a few were missing.  I looked through the pegs more at WM than at Target.  Oh, and my Target seems the same as others, 2 endcaps and the end of an aisle full of stuff while Star Wars has been moved back towards the middle of the aisle.

E...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 06:46 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 1, 2009, 09:47 AM »
I see TFormers has some news from the Hasbro panel at Botcon, regarding exclusives this year and releases this year/next.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 1, 2009, 02:19 PM »

I think I'm going to bite on this set even though I already own everything in there with the exception of Buzzsaw.  My vinty Soundwave has severe joint problems and I have a KO Ratbat that I'd like to replace.  Hopefully we'll see Frenzy & Rumble someday down the road.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 1, 2009, 02:56 PM »
Excuse my ignorance, but is that Soundwave set supposed to be a SDCC exclusive - or is it being released at another time?  I couldn't remember for sure.  I'm sure it will be pricey, but I might be tempted as well.  Soundwave (along with Optimus Prime) were two Transformers I always wanted as a kid, but couldn't get my parents to budge on :).  Nice set overall it looks like too.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 1, 2009, 02:59 PM »
No worries - SDCC Exclusive $49.99   ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 1, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I might be able to swing that, we'll see.  It also depends if it is available through their website (which their stuff usually is anymore), and if I'm on the computer at the right time ;).  Thanks again.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 2, 2009, 01:45 AM »
I think I'm going to bite on this set even though I already own everything in there with the exception of Buzzsaw.  My vinty Soundwave has severe joint problems and I have a KO Ratbat that I'd like to replace.  Hopefully we'll see Frenzy & Rumble someday down the road.

Wow.  Okay, want one.  Now.  Mike, if you want to go in on a set with me and split shipping, let me know.  Wow.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 2, 2009, 04:46 AM »
I was in a Super Walmart tonight and their display of Transformers figures was insane.  I didn't look through all of them but did see the Voyager Optimus and a couple other figs I haven't seen at the local Target or WM.

Oh, and I did see a lone Soundwave at Target Sunday night. 

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1244 on: June 2, 2009, 11:55 PM »
I may spring for that Soundwave, provided it doesn't sell out on HTS in a matter of minutes.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk