Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360178 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1395 on: February 15, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Sal - I checked out Transformers Toy Fair coverage here: www.tformers.com and here www.cooltoyreview.com

I hope that helps.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1396 on: February 15, 2010, 10:54 PM »
Seibertron has pretty good coverage too.

I'm really liking Generations Thrust. Glad to see some Seeker action here.

The thing I'm happiest to see is MP Grimlock coming to TRU this year.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 16, 2010, 05:57 PM »
Thanks for posting those links fellas.

I'm passing on most of this stuff. I was hopeful for the Power Core figs, but after seeing them can say they are an easy pass for me. HA Jazz looks sweet. Leader Starscream is a must buy for me.

Meh, I don't mind not having much to buy. More money for me (or other toy lines that is...)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 16, 2010, 07:47 PM »
I own all of the vinty tapes (outside of the combiners) but I'll probably cave on another Blaster (SDCC) since I want a minty tape collection.  I never caved on the big mission sets and sets 1 & 2 seem to be sold out everywhere.

I'm passing on most of this stuff. I was hopeful for the Power Core figs, but after seeing them can say they are an easy pass for me.

Same here, but I'm reserving judgement on the new gestalts until I see them in person.

Was the dlx Thrust shown - the Henkei/Botcon version  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 16, 2010, 09:58 PM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 16, 2010, 11:03 PM »
Nice.  Is that Masterpiece sized?

$10-$12 sized ala the "classic" seekers.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 16, 2010, 11:05 PM »

Blah.  Only Tformer I'm going to try to hit this year is the TRU Masterpiece Grimlock.  Did they give any indication of what this will cost?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 16, 2010, 11:20 PM »
Blah.

The seekers were the shining moments of the classics line IMO - loved these guys and glad to add more to my collection.

Only Tformer I'm going to try to hit this year is the TRU Masterpiece Grimlock.  Did they give any indication of what this will cost?

Not sure, but he'll be a TRU exclusive so be prepared to dish out a pretty penny for him.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1404 on: February 16, 2010, 11:20 PM »

Blah.  Only Tformer I'm going to try to hit this year is the TRU Masterpiece Grimlock.  Did they give any indication of what this will cost?

Not that I've seen, but I'm bracing myself for $90-100, it being a TRU thing.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 2, 2010, 05:44 PM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 2, 2010, 10:24 PM »
1986 Toy Fair scans   8)

Wow, that's cool.  Combiners, Cup, Blur, Maximus, Hot Rod!  Oh, to have a Toy Time Machine.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 7, 2010, 02:58 PM »
Over the last two weeks, I picked up the ROTF Scout Class Skystalker and Voyager Class Mindwipe, and I love these two.  I'd sworn I wasn't going to get any non-film ROTF toys, but these are extremely cool and worth a look.  I could have done without all the Cybertronian tattoos on Mindwipe, but overall, both have really nice transformations, seem pretty solid, and interact well with each other in vehicle mode. 

I hear there's also some undocumented way to have them "combine" in robot modes, but I have yet to see a photo of this so I can try it myself.  Anybody have any links?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 9, 2010, 11:05 PM »
I know it's not a new release, but I picked up the 25th anniversary re-releases of the Insecticons. I had them as a kid and about eight years ago I sold off all of my Transformers (except the gestalts and Megatron) on eBay. Out of all the Transformers I had sold, the ones I regretted selling the most were the five Dinobots and the three Insecticons (I also had the three deluxe ones, but I didn't care for them as much).

So, for me, it was a nice opportunity to (sorta) get them "back".

Now, if they did this for the Dinobots, I would be thrilled!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 11, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Hey Guys,

Hasbro has offered us a chance to ask Transformers Questions would that be something that you guys could help us with questions on?  The current staff is not as into Transformers enough to not ask the wrong stuff.

Sound off in here if you guys think you can come up with 3 or so questions every few months and we will get them asked.

PM