Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360189 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1500 on: September 11, 2010, 11:38 AM »
I too saw the Masterpiece Grimlock at my local TRU, and was pretty disappointed. There were plastic swirls on the dinosaur mode's chest around the Autobot symbol, which I thought made it look cheap. And at $70, it's not cheap. I suppose I'll save my money for the Seacons.

That's too bad about the MP Grimlock, but that's Hasbro for ya.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 11, 2010, 04:23 PM »
I too saw the Masterpiece Grimlock at my local TRU, and was pretty disappointed. There were plastic swirls on the dinosaur mode's chest around the Autobot symbol, which I thought made it look cheap. And at $70, it's not cheap. I suppose I'll save my money for the Seacons.

That's too bad about the MP Grimlock, but that's Hasbro for ya.

My TRU Grimmy has no swirls (unlike Thrust) and I'm completely satisfied with him - even at $70.  Seacons are pretty dope too.  Never owned them as a kid and this version has some QC issues here and there, but - again completely satisfied.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 11, 2010, 05:08 PM »
Hmm. Maybe it was just the two that are at my local TRU. I checked them again today because I had cash to burn, and it was a no-go. Maybe I'll check an out-of-town TRU in the next couple of weeks and see if theirs are any better. I don't want to risk an online purchase, especially at this price.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 13, 2010, 09:50 PM »
I guess HA Mudflap has shown up at TJMaxx stores for $20 for any of you guys who haven't found him yet.  About damn time.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1504 on: September 16, 2010, 01:59 AM »
Another round of Q&A was posted...  Clicky to check it out!  Link Fixed.

And remember to ask your questions here so that we've got something to send in, or it's possible we'll just miss some rounds.  I don't collect the line, so I need your questions.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 04:09 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 16, 2010, 09:40 AM »
I think your link is bad Jesse - I keep going in circles.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1506 on: September 21, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Link should be fixed...

And again guys, I ask that you send in your Q's to me here or email me or PM me.  I don't follow Transformers, so I have a difficult time asking Q's outside of general interst.  Ask production issue questions, or whatever.  I'm fairly open.  The worst that'll happen is they don't answer your Q, basically. :)

The only way I'll basically nix it is if I know it's outside the bounds of what they're willing to answer, or they're an already asked question I'm aware of, or the off-chance that it's simply insulting, which doesn't tend to happen here. ;)  Even then I'll probably just reword it, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: September 23, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Wreck-Gar! and Perceptor's weird vehicle mode.

A gallery of upcoming stuff. Most pleasing to the eye would be Jazz, Tracks, and Windcharger. I have no idea who the rest of them are, but there they be.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 23, 2010, 11:08 PM »
Lots of G1 goodness coming before the next movie.  I'd post & comment more, but there seems to be no more love for these things here at JD ..... ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 24, 2010, 01:14 AM »
Hey, I try,  ;) but the second movie really deflated my TF fandom. Hell, I can't even bring myself to buy the last two volumes of the cartoon on DVD, and I used to live on that show as a kid. The last TF I bought was Thrust, and I haven't even gotten around to putting him on my Classics/Universe shelf.

I guess this is just not the time for the non-hardcore TF fan (or Gee-Wunner.) I saw Darkmount at my local WM, and knew there was a character in the second wave of Generations I thought I wanted to buy, but I for the life of me cannot remember who it was.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 26, 2010, 02:21 PM »
I guess HA Mudflap has shown up at TJMaxx stores for $20 for any of you guys who haven't found him yet.  About damn time.....

All my TJ Maxx had was a mountain of Animated Wreck-Gars and Lugnuts for 13 bucks apiece.  So, alas and alack, I am still sans HA Mudflap.   :'(

On a happier note, I did get the Scout Class Insecticon yesterday morning at Target.  Kind of neat, I guess, but not as good as I had hoped (the lack of a little radar dish on his back irritated me).  TRU still has 2 MP Grimlocks on the shelf, but the huge price tag is not making me in any kind of rush to get him.  Still no sign of Generations waves 2, 3 or whatever else has been released; as expected, the street date resulted in a lot of wave 1 and not much else.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 27, 2010, 12:09 PM »
Wreck-Gar! and Perceptor's weird vehicle mode.

A gallery of upcoming stuff. Most pleasing to the eye would be Jazz, Tracks, and Windcharger. I have no idea who the rest of them are, but there they be.

Those do look pretty nice, I especially like Jazz as well.  I'll admit, I haven't caught up with Transformers much for awhile now.  I had a spurt where I was trying to catch up on some Classics/Universe stuff I missed and wanted, but we haven't seen much more of that for awhile.  I may try to grab that Jazz though.  I also stopped at TRU yesterday and saw that Masterpiece Grimlock.  I'll admit to not knowing much about the "Masterpiece" figures, but I thought the Grimlock looked pretty cool.  I was tempted to get it, but can't really afford that stuff and would probably have to be collecting only Transformers to justify that.  It did look nifty though.  Sorry for the dumb question, but what exactly is the Masterpiece line?  I know I've seen them discussed a lot, and I've seen them in stores over the years too, but I wasn't sure what they were exactly.  I didn't think they were vintage re-releases, since this looked larger than what I remember Grimlock being as a kid, but maybe I'm wrong.  Anyways, dumb question, just curious.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 27, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Sorry for the dumb question, but what exactly is the Masterpiece line?  I know I've seen them discussed a lot, and I've seen them in stores over the years too, but I wasn't sure what they were exactly.  I didn't think they were vintage re-releases, since this looked larger than what I remember Grimlock being as a kid, but maybe I'm wrong.  Anyways, dumb question, just curious.

Not dumb, but here you go  All new definitive redesigns...not vintage re-releases.  My memory is foggy, but I think this line (MP Optimus) started right when the ALTs started hitting..

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 28, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Thanks iFett.  That's sort of what I thought they were, but wasn't quite sure.  They sure look nicely done, but a bit pricey to keep up with.  Like I said, the Grimlock was tempting, always liked the Dinobots as a kid (although I only had Slag).  Bumblebee would be another one that would be very tempting.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:22 PM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 28, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Ya and they're getting more and more expensive it seems as the line goes on.  MP Rodimus will set you back $200 bones and he's shorter then Grimlock.  I guess he'll be released in the US sometime next year at a lower price, but without his trailer though.  Really on the fence about Roddy, but he (Hot Rod & Rodimus Prime) were my favorite G1 toys as a kid and I loves me my Primes with trailers.