Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358846 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1545 on: January 26, 2011, 10:53 AM »
Looks like we might be getting an Ark playset and a Ultimate Prime with trailer (armor) for DOTM.  Those are about the most exciting things I've heard but not seen from the upcoming toyline.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:09 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: January 27, 2011, 02:46 PM »
DOTM Shockwave

This is the first TF3 toy I've seen so far that I actually might have an interest in.  Like how they incorporated the black hose thing ala the G1 toy...Still haven't been much of a fan of the movie designs outside of the HA line. 

Never did pick up that toaster I wanted so badly...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 27, 2011, 04:13 PM »
OMG, that Shockwave looks outstanding! I'm definitely getting it. I wonder if this is the Leader or Voyager size. It looks a little small to be Leader size.

Hmm, I wonder which TFs will be in TF3, that have not been in the previous 2 movies.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 8, 2011, 12:51 PM »

fail....and yes that's his backside.  the front doesn't look much better.  OP

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 9, 2011, 11:41 PM »
Saw the new Scourge today and was very tempted.  I would buy it but I sold all of my Classics last year.  Blurr and Kup looked cool too.  Don't know what will happen when I see Wheeljack. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 10, 2011, 08:03 PM »
Next on the list of knock offs....

Fortress/Grand/Brave Maximus(s)  $300 a pop.  I only own a few combiner ko's, but I can't pass up Fort & Grand especially at those prices...Just hope the quality is as good as the seekers.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:18 PM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1551 on: February 10, 2011, 11:37 PM »
Anybody ever bought from KO Toys? Devastator and the Dinobots are pretty tempting, especially at these prices.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 5, 2011, 04:42 PM »
Not that anyone cares here, but BBTS restocked their FP Bruticus limbs yesterday.  I've had these suckers on preorder since December so color me a happy shade of orange.

Had absolutely 0 interest in third party stuff all this time, but got hooked line and sinker back in November (to certain degrees)  Probably dropped near $600 in this stuff since then.  Good stuff....Good times.

Also grabbed my second Scourge this morning.  Need 1 more of him and 1 more Wreck Gar and I'm done with my first attempt at army building Transformers. - Oh and the new Perceptor is a nerd....dig the chrome, but don't care much for him.  

Looking forward to Thundercracker, Wheeljack, Grapple, Windcharger, and Lugnutz before the next movie lull.
« Last Edit: March 5, 2011, 04:44 PM by iFett »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 6, 2011, 02:59 PM »
Picked up Kup and Scourge at TRU earlier this week, and I'm pretty happy with both of them.  Kup in particular is a really nice toy.  I really like the way that today's TFs can carry their weaponry with them instead of having to keep them separate.  A small touch that some take for granted, but I really like it when every part of a toy integrates well with one another.

Still no sign of ANY Reveal the Shield toys at WM, Target, or TRU around here, so I'm still S.O.L. on both Wreck-Gar and Perceptor (I found Tracks and Jazz at K-Mart a while back, but they've never restocked with the same case, much less a new one).  I assume that the RTS line will be disappearing once the movie stuff hits?  Is the same thing going to happen to Generations, too?  Will my ability to finally have all six seekers be thwarted yet again, this time by the "End of the Line" curse?

The only third party item that I ever wanted to get was the Ultra Magnus Classics armor from a few years ago; I kind of regret not getting it when I had the chance.  The Devastator would be sorely tempting, too, but I've been approaching TFs from a "pick and choose" perspective lately, and the cost of them would be prohibitive to my already measley bank account.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1554 on: March 6, 2011, 04:08 PM »
Hasbro mentioned (in a Q&A) that they'd keep the Generations line going during the movie push, but since there were no new toys shown at Toy Fair for Generations, I guess that's out the window. Which might make Wheeljack and Thundercracker hard to find.

I found Scourge last weekend, but I'm still coming up short on Kup, Perceptor, and Wreck-Gar. Why oh why did Hasbro stick Perceptor and Wreck-Gar in the RTS line? Now I wish I'd have preordered them somewhere.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 7, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Stopped at Target today and Wreck-Gar and Perceptor were too tempting.  I bought those two and will probably pick up Wheeljack and Scourge now for sure.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 7, 2011, 07:14 PM »
This must be the first time since RID that I've had problems finding certain TFs at retail and have had to go the online route for some figures.  Most of these updated G1 figures are some of Hasbro's finest work.

The only third party item that I ever wanted to get was the Ultra Magnus Classics armor from a few years ago; I kind of regret not getting it when I had the chance.  The Devastator would be sorely tempting, too, but I've been approaching TFs from a "pick and choose" perspective lately, and the cost of them would be prohibitive to my already measley bank account.

Ya I lucked out and managed to get the UM City Commander kit for $120ish back in December from Hong Kong, but I see them going from $200-$300 nowish.  The prices on these things just go nuts if you don't preorder most of them in time.  I'm switching gears with Star Wars after all these years due to the bump in price of basic figs so this leaves me with more fundage for Robots.

I'm sure this thread will die out again quickly, but was happy to reignite it for a brief few posts before the flood of DOTM crud hits.   :)  I do have my eye on the wreckers and Shockwave though, but just like for ROTF - not going there mostly.  I'm not really impressed by the new HA stuff, but we're getting closer to MASK type stuff *I hope*

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 7, 2011, 07:38 PM »
Has anyone heard if Skywarp will be rereleased after Thundercracker?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 13, 2011, 04:23 PM »
Picked up my 3rd Scourge (2 for sweeps) and my 2nd Wreck-Gar so he can ride himself.  First time I've ever "army built" Transformers...

Has anyone heard if Skywarp will be rereleased after Thundercracker?

No but he's bound to be repainted and/or re-released in the coming years.  Wish I would have cleared out those $4.98 clearanced UM/Skywarp sets at Target years ago.  Those things go for crazy money nowadays.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 25, 2011, 10:14 AM »
Thundercracker & Wheeljack are up at HTS.

SPRING2011 = 20% off..