Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362491 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1560 on: April 23, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Thread necromancy...Target has started the clearance on most of the current TF stuff (oddly, the Generations deluxes are NOT being clearanced in my store, which gives me some hope of actually being able to get Wheeljack, Thundercracker, and Warpath SOMEWHERE), although I'm not sure of anyone who is looking to build an army of Sea Attack Ravages and Electrostatic Jolts. 

The past few months have been an absolute nightmare in terms of finding new toys in ANY Hasbro line for me.  Transformers have been relatively nonexistent, Joes are even harder to find than TFs (with WM dropping them completely in my area), and even new SW stuff has been a struggle.  I'm afraid that with the Plague of Thor and Captain America (and, admittedly, DOTM toys) in the action figure aisle this summer, things aren't going to get that much better.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1561 on: April 24, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Yeah, it's been horrible. I've found the remnants of Reveal the Shield wave 2 twice, and both times Perceptor and Wreck-Gar are gone, even though my local Target has more than enough room for more than one case at a time. I'm thinking I need to get them and the last Generations wave from BBTS or something, since I sure as hell won't find any of them at retail with the DOTM toys coming out next month.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 26, 2011, 11:12 PM »
I opened up my sole Wreck-Gar the other day and was pretty happy with him.  My collection is primarily Alternators/Binaltech and I'm sticking with that scale, but I think he fits in nicely given the size of his cycle form.  I wish the rest of the line was bigger though.  I'm having a tough time passing up others like Drift, Blur, Kup, and Red Alert.  If I do find these on clearance, I think I might have to fold and grab them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 11, 2011, 12:52 AM »
MP-10 is Optimus Prime! I might try to get this one, since I never ponied up $200 for MP-04 which was Prime w/trailer.

I'm betting this will get a US release, but sans trailer. And it's kind of disappointing they're doing yet another Prime instead of something like Galvatron or Soundwave.

Edit- never mind, looks like it's gonna be $250. Ouch.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:53 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 12, 2011, 08:02 AM »
Ok Transformer fans, the first one in the continental US to pm me with their address gets a freebie from the Site. An Optimus Prime preview figure with 3D glasses. 

Respond here as well with "pm sent" so we know who is getting this cool item before they hit the shelves in too many places.  I will fedex it to you today. 

Good Luck.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 12, 2011, 10:17 AM »
PM sent....I could use a free Prime.   :)

Prime arrived next day!  Thanks Paul and JD!   8)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:35 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 16, 2011, 06:49 PM »
Both Walmart and Target had more DotM figure out today but nowhere near loaded down when you look at the shelf and peg space available.  Cars 2, on the other hand, has a HUGE display at Target. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 16, 2011, 11:34 PM »
Yeah, this was like a non-launch when compared to the other two. WM has left their pegs empty all day, and Target didn't have much at all. I was really kind of pissed off at the local WM- they did the reset and got the Green Lantern toys out, but they have had all this space for TFs and it's still empty. I wasn't happy, but not unhappy enough to drive to the other WM. Target had some stuff, but I didn't want to pay $12 for Deluxes when I knew WM is selling them for $10. They only got one case of Voyagers, and the only thing they apparently sold all day was that one Shockwave.

If WM and Target were holding off on stocking the Generations and Reveal the Shield lines for this, wow.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:34 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 21, 2011, 06:58 PM »
Not to incur the wrath of many, but I actually had an unexpected benefit of the DotM toy launch:  Wal-Mart actually restocked the Generations pegs for the first time in almost 5 months and I was able to get Wheeljack and Warpath!  (A friend of mine had picked up Thundercracker and sent him to me shortly beforehand).  So, until I can actually find a RTS Lugnut and Windcharger at some closeout store, I'm done with Classics/Generations stuff for the time being.

In case anyone's looking for something cool to get from the movie line, the Cyberverse Commanders are actually really nice, especially Blackout.  I've never been a fan of the Legends scale toys (they've always felt like those little 25 cent plastic egg toys to me), but these are well-designed and well-built.  Blackout might be a better toy than the 2007 movie Voyager version.  And Megatron, surprisingly, is great and more articulated than either of the previous movie's Leader versions.  I liked them so much I picked up the 15 buck "playset" version of Optimus Prime and his "battle station" which turns into his trailer.  First time I've had a Prime with a trailer since I got the G1 version for Christmas in 1984, so I'm still giddy. :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 31, 2011, 04:52 PM »

sorry for the super large pic
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: June 1, 2011, 12:18 PM »
Kewl. Though it reminds me I missed MP Grimlock at TRU.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 1, 2011, 02:04 PM »
I still need to place an order for the second (corrected) round of Tak MP Roddy - loves me the Winnebago!  I joined up on tfw late last year and I'm glad I did.  The MN guys over there are just as cool as the SW guys are on here.  They buy cases of exclusives and handfuls of htf figs for the group to divvy up.  Even got a bunch of Windchargers for us from the UK at cost.

Still not a single DOTM purchase for me and I intend to keep it that way for the time being...   :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 11, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Lucked out in a major way yesterday, and found RTS Voyager Lugnut and Grapple at a TJ Maxx for 10 bucks apiece.  Lugnut might be my new favorite Transformer ever (this week).  Even though the Animated one was undersized, I loved that mold, and this one actually outdoes it in terms of coolness.  I'd have been more than happy to pay full original retail price for this one. 

I do find it strange that I have now seen more RTS toys at secondary stores (TJ Maxx and Ross) in one day than I saw at major retail (Target, WM, and TRU) in the entire six months the line was supposedly shipping to stores.

Oh, and DOTM Laserbeak is cool, too. :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 15, 2011, 10:55 AM »
Anyone biting on the KreO sets?  I don't particularly care for the building sets, but like many others I'm really diggin the little G1 Kreons dudes- very Kubricky or LEGO minifigurey.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: June 23, 2011, 01:12 AM »
I'm avoiding getting sucked into the KreO line. It'll probably save me a bundle by continuing to do so, that way I can afford Takara's Devastator reissue, out in the Encore line this fall. I never thought they'd do this one, so it's nice to see it happening.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=tak11302&mode=retail