Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360126 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1605 on: December 31, 2011, 12:44 PM »
I was checking out Target yesterday to see what was on sale and found some of the Special Value Offer Deluxe sets marked down to $4.98.  These were the sets that Target had a couple weeks back with two DotM Deluxe sets taped together for the price of one. 

I picked up a set that had Sideswipe and Laserbeak.  I think all the other sets they had had Bumblebee in them as one of the two.  Not a great selection but for basically $2.50 each it was a good deal.

E...

There's still a bunch of $5 off dotm coupons floating around so most folk got those basically for free.  Was expecting to see ultimate prime on clearance, but no dice.  Guess he must have actually sold fairly well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: January 25, 2012, 01:11 PM »
Bits from UK TF..

The return of Transformers Generations / Fall of Cybertron toys - Fall of Cybertron gets toys under the Generations branding. There are eight new releases planned, the only one definitely confirmed as of this time is Fall of Cybertron Jazz.

Optimus Maximus - A large-scale Cyberverse citybot, it is said to be a Cyberverse base playset that can also transform into a full robot mode. Scale is somewhere between Ultimate Optimus and a Leader Class, features lights, sounds, firing missiles, launching vehicles.

Prime Weaponizers - Leader Class Transformers Prime toys, the first two confirmed are Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. These are apparently simplified for the sake of the kids playing with them and feature deployable weapons - Optimus Prime has chainguns that pop out of his cab and mount on his shoulders.

Kre-O - lots of new releases for 2012 announced including Kreon Centric Sets with Kreons and little bases, an Optimus Prime VS Megatron set, a Wheeljack VS Knockout set, and a massive 9 in 1 Kre-O Devastator

There was also some information on Bot Shots, the line is intended to be Transformers meets Bakugan, and will come with various releases including Ultimate packs and launchers (the Big Rig sets previously revealed?)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 25, 2012, 04:36 PM »
Kre-O Devastator?  Wow.  IF it is the G1 version, I am in!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 25, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Kre-O Devastator - 9 in 1 playset - a mix of G1 style robots and movie tradition means you get 4 standard robots in movie Devy colours building seperate vehicles or the mighty Devastator - for those worried no he doesn't look anything like the hulking movie character. Comes with a slew of Kreons and construction environment.

Not sure what to think of that, but will be on a mission to get all the lil constructakreos  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:52 PM by iFett »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1609 on: February 11, 2012, 02:15 PM »
All the Transformers news coming in now from eFranks on Twitter (@ImpHolocron)...

-Transformers Rescue Bots coming to Hub Network...

-Transformers MMO coming next year.

-New "Leader Class" Prime figures with BumbleBee & Optimus this fall.

-New "Cyberverse" Scale called "Maximus" that can hold 9 Cyberverse figures inside, first one is Optimus Prime.

-"Bot Shots" Battle game...  44 figures, chases, etc.

-Deluxe Generations Line combine to form Bruticus.

-40 new Generations figures in 2013

For more, check out: http://twitter.com/impholocron

Eric is making sure he keeps rolling along with the Twitter!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:21 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 14, 2012, 02:21 AM »
The Bruticus figure is pretty cool.

The new Leader class is called Weaponizers.

I think the new Cyberverse stuff, except for Bruticus maybe, is probably the coolest thing they're putting out.  They're small, affordable and with the larger figures, like the new Maximus scale, you can do a lot with them as far as playing with them goes.  Plus, with the shrinking size of Deluxe, it's not a terrible way to go.

Another thing they mentioned at the start of the presentation was about the cancelled Prime First Edition figures of Optimus Prime and Bulkhead.  They admitted they couldn't get them produced and shipped to the US.

And I'm not familiar enough with the various TF stuff to know what had been previously announced, but it seems there are going to be some Asia exclusives that won't be making it to the US.

If Hasbro ever sends out the actual presentation some of that might be more clear.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 23, 2012, 01:54 AM »
Is there anyone here that's a hardcore TF collector?  I'm looking for someone to explain to me the Prime releases. 

There were supposed to be First Edition figures, shown at NYCC, of Bee, Arcee, Starscream and some others.  Were they ever actually released at retail in the US?  And is it these FE Voyager versions of Optimus and Bulkhead that were cancelled?

And, now there's still a Robots in Disguise line of Prime characters coming?  But they're different sculpts from the First Editions?

And what's up with the figures that are now exclusives to Asia and, I think, Europe?  Were they supposed to come to the US and got cancelled here but are being released overseas?

I'm so completely confused by a bunch of this it's not even funny.  I know two things; I wanted the Arcee and Bee Prime figs shown off at NYCC (normal deco of the NYCC exclusive set), can I still get them? And the Cyberverse line; fun?  I kind of like the look of it and thought about picking up a few figs from it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 23, 2012, 08:16 AM »
You need to talk to Mike (iFett).
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 23, 2012, 10:56 AM »
Sorry - I'm not really buying/following the PRID line, but I know there's a whole lotta pissed off folk about not being able to get their hands on the FE stuff.

PRID = PRIME animated toys only (as far as I know).  I've no clue why they included the RID on the packaging, but that's the new fandom lingo ala CHUG I guess.

Oh and at least the dlx's alt modes are tiny, but the bot modes are very tall.  Probably a trend the may rollover to the 30-40 "Generation" type figures?  I dunno..

FE Arcee, Bumblebee, and Screamer were released in limited numbers at TRU I believe back in Nov/Dec and that was pretty much it for US retail. 

I have Arcee and Screamer if you're looking for them Eric.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 23, 2012, 10:21 PM »
To add to the above, the second wave deluxes (Cliffjumper and Vehicon, which are different from the ones under the RID banner) were seen in very limited numbers in Canada and I think maybe Europe, as well as the FE Voyagers Prime and Bulkhead.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 24, 2012, 03:13 AM »
After a little more research, I see where the Voyager Prime FE Optimus and Bulkhead are hitting eBay from Canada, and they're not cheap.  I see some Cliffjumper figs also.

I was mostly interested in the Voyager Optimus and Bulk, and the Deluxe I mentioned.  I see BBTS has a pre-order still for a set of 3, Bee, Arcee and Starscream, but I have no idea if Hasbro's still filling those orders.  They do have the FE Deluxe Bee in stock for only $11 though.

On another note, I saw the RID Optimus Prime today at Walmart.  It's not bad, but it's not the First Edtion figure, that one's a thing of beauty.  I'm wishing now I paid more attention to the line, I didn't have any reason to think that things were going so badly.  Otherwise I would have been hitting TRU back in Nov/Dec looking for them.  And now I sort of understand what Hasbro was apologizing about at TF, about having a problem in China and some things not making it to the US.  Looks like the FE stuff got the shaft and now they're moving on to, IMO, lesser designs.

The thing that sucks is that it seems Hasbro is trying to move so far away from previous releases to more simpler designs, we'll probably never see some of these released again even though the tooling exists.

iFett, I've got a PM headed your way.  I may order that Bee figure from BBTS, though, or at least put it in my POL.

E...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 29, 2012, 11:33 PM »
I found a new stock of RID Prime at Target, looks like waves 1 and 2 because Ratchet and Arcee were on the pegs along with the rest of them.  I picked up a Soundwave because I thought it looked really cool.  I almost bought Ratchet also, because, while his alt mode is really tiny, his bot mode looked really solid.  Still, passed for now.

I'll have to open Soundwave somtime this week.

I also found the new Bot Shots and Cyberverse Commander Class figures at Walmart.  They had the Bot Shots single and 3-packs, three of the four on the shelf had Bumblebee as the 3rd figure but the other had Acid Storm. 

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 12, 2012, 11:33 AM »
Looks like Sideswipe is next in line for the MP line.  Not sure how I feel about that or how well sized this and its repaints will look with the BT/ALTs.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 12, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Hrm.  That sketch looks nice.  I keep trying to pull out of the TFormers lines, but they keep drawing me in.  If this is comparable with the other MP and Alternators lines, I may be have to pull the trigger. 

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 15, 2012, 04:40 PM »
Looks like Sideswipe is next in line for the MP line.  Not sure how I feel about that or how well sized this and its repaints will look with the BT/ALTs.

YEAH!!!! Another Masterpiece that I can skip on. Between Takara & I-Gear I have spent far too much on Masterpiece Jets. And I still have 2 to pick up.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!