Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 60066 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2005, 01:24 AM »
There's always next year for the SA Snowtrooper. At least were getting an awsome Veers and a VOTC Scout trooper to tie us over.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2005, 02:13 AM »
That's how I tend to view it...  I hope for it just coming out next year rather than thinking about it this year...  It's a figure that needs done though in SA with softgoods items...

The scout is a mixed blessing I think. :)  Kinda like the Stormie was last year...  $10 army building ain't easy.

I will say though that I'd not give "awesome" to Veers because of the articulation.  I'm really sorta down to see the line regress some in quality because Veers really could've given us a more poseable Impy officer...  Ozzel's cool, but they can do better with some knee joints.  I really keep hoping this isn't a trend and that maybe some of these figs were done a while ago ('03) and maybe are just hold-overs from that time.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2005, 10:23 AM »
SA with softgoods items...

Mmmmm, softgoods.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 2, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Rebelscum has pics up (carded and loose) of the Hoth wave.  That Veers figure looks really nice, as do the rest.  I can't quite place the R2, it says it has "sounds", but it doesn't look exactly the same as previous "with sounds" versions.  Looks like VOTC to me actually, maybe the "sounds" is a misprint or mistake right now.  Anyways, pics at the linky if interested.  Should be a good wave, Hoth is always one of my favorite "battles/places" to get figures from.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2005, 04:08 PM by mosnab »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #124 on: December 2, 2005, 04:05 PM »
These look amazing carded (the backdrops are great).  And the Gonk comes with an extra droid.  Nice.  I might be buying all of these except Vader.  Sigh.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 2, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Yeah, forgot to mention that, but these really do look amazing carded.  I think I might be in for the majority of the wave too, aside from Rieekan.  I'm on the fence with Vader and R2, but they look to maybe be the VOTC (or 500th or combination) versions, and if that's the case I might pick up extras at the cheaper price.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2005, 04:11 PM by mosnab »

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 2, 2005, 04:31 PM »
I freaking LOVE the AT-AT Driver.  I think I might hurt myself trying to get that one (several actually).  I even like the Snowtrooper even though it's a kitbash of the last two snowtroopers...  Gives me a customizing idea.  hmmmm...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: December 2, 2005, 05:10 PM »
These look amazing carded (the backdrops are great).  And the Gonk comes with an extra droid.  Nice.  I might be buying all of these except Vader.  Sigh.

Wow!  That Gonk comes with a "regular" topper or the "headlights" topper, PLUS a Treadwell droid!   :o

And Veers comes with his hat too!

And R2 comes with the Dagobah X-Wing goodies!  I still have no idea which R2 this is, but it looks like the EB Kit version (vOTC with periscope and glued in place panel).

I'm loving these pack-in items!   ;D

Too bad they couldn't find something to spruce up Derlin or Reiky (to entice me to open another one  :P).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #128 on: December 2, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Interesting the loose photo they show for that R2 is obviously a different figure than the one in the carded shot.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 2, 2005, 05:40 PM »
Well HOT DAMN!  To me this is the best wave we've seen for the Saga Collection.

Veers - Unreal accessories... this is two figures in one!  I do wish the knees were articulated, but who am I to complain - we get a removable cap and the helmet?  And removable armor?  Probably the coolest non-VOTC or non-Evolutions figure I've seen in a long time... simply WOW.  I WILL get at least 10 of him to open, customize, etc.  A true dream come true!

Bren Derlin - Finally a Hoth Rebel that looks just right.  Ball jointed shoulders and knee articulation would have put this over the top... but still an excellent looking figure.  Chalk me up for about 12 of him.

AT-AT Driver - This looks flawless - and I do mean FLAWLESS.  Articulation everywhere you could possibly want except for the feet I suppose.  Yes, another 10-12 of them is what I want.  Too cool to limit myself to 3-4 of them.  

R2D2 - Not bad at all, it's the accessories from the Dagobah X-Wing that will sell me on this.  Good pack ins Hasbro.

Snowtrooper - A good inclusion, would prefer SA, so I'll only get 3-4 of them.

Rieken - Finally, a figure in this wave that I can pass on.

Vader - It's Vader...so I need one of him.  Never pass on a great Vader, you're going to hell if you do.

Gonk - Yeah!  A Tredwell droid, and the top piece is removable, and he has a great paint application!  Yes, I want about 4-5 of them.

Overall, this wave will cost me a bundle.  A+ work Hasbro.  Now let's keep the retailers to charging about $5.00 and I'm very happy.

:P

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #130 on: December 2, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Jeez Chew… at $5 ea. this wave alone will cost you $230.00 with all the extras you want for kitbashin'. Pace yourself brotha… we're in for a long year!  ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #131 on: December 2, 2005, 07:18 PM »
Well, I better get Vader then, if I don't want to fry...  ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 2, 2005, 08:20 PM »
I know Jedijaybird... it won't be cheap.  Luckily I won't be buying much of the Carkoon wave.  But this Hoth wave, to me looks like one of the all around best waves I've seen.   :)

:P

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #133 on: December 2, 2005, 08:39 PM »
I was not expecting to buy any new figures for a while but the Hoth wave looks a hell of a lot better than the pit one. (yep, the pit one)
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 2, 2005, 10:33 PM »
The Veers looks amazing, thats a must-get for me. AT Driver and Snowie are cool too.