Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 60073 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #300 on: February 17, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Question for anyone who ordered figs from Amazon: are your figures being shipped separately or altogether? I got an email from Amazon saying that my AT-AT Driver would ship first, followed by my Derlin and Veers, followed lastly by my Gonk. Wierd shipping schedule there, but at least I got to order some.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 25, 2006, 10:19 PM »
I didn't order the hoth wave, but I did recently order some figures from them. All 4 came together.

This is the best wave of figures in a long time, if you are an ESB fan. I wish they would have revisited Leia hoth while the opportunity was there.

Offline MasterGrievous

• Youngling
  • Your armies are disimated
    • View Profile
    • The Seperatist Crusier
« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Man,Vader and the Power Droid have been HTF out here.I know Ill find Vader eventually 'cause he's packed in A LOT of future cases....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Hoth Leia... that is a good choice.  I also wish we had gotten a good Snowspeeder pilot.

:P

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2006, 05:08 PM »
  I also wish we had gotten a good Snowspeeder pilot.

Fear not.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #305 on: February 28, 2006, 02:21 AM »
I have found the Hoth Wave a number of times but never in heavy abundance really.  The remnants are starting to get weird now.  For a while I only saw the new figures and few Gonks but now I'm seeing Gonks, Vaders, R2's...  I think they've shipped enough they're burning out a little bit...  Or I just have been lucky.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2006, 02:37 AM »
  I also wish we had gotten a good Snowspeeder pilot.

Fear not.

THe VOTC Luke is in X-Wing gear, there is actually a big difference between the two outfits. The Snowspeeder gear has a much thicker orange flightsuit with a big thick collar and the boots and gloves are grey and look more like the boots on a Hoth Trooper.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2006, 02:39 AM »
Yeah they're actually the same duds but Luke's sporting a heavy Orange flight coat over his jumpsuit, and then all the other gear on top of it, and plus his Hoth booties too.

Given Luke's size I almost hope they do a nice SA version of Luke but also a nice generic height pilot too...  Zev, Dak, Hobbie, WEdge...  Whatever, just so long as they at least do one nicely articulated and average height sculpt of the Snowspeeder pilot.

I wonder how VOTC Luke Pilot is gonna stack up in height to other figures.  Will he be short and thus not as spiffy fodder, or will he be improperly scaled but you may want extras to customize or whatever. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2006, 02:44 AM »
I'm almost hoping for the latter in a way. I've been picking up lots of Dutch Vanders lately, while the sculpt is great, I can't help but be a little disappointed in his funny arm pose and lack of articualtion. I'd really like a nice basic SA Rebel pilot as well. I'm going to pick up a few Lukes for sure, but if he is the correct scale I won't be picking up as many.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 03:06 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2006, 03:02 AM »
Yeah me too, haha...  I've actually sorta hoped he'd be a bit too tall.  I have tall Luke's all over the place, I can live with it.  A SA X-Winger body with a great average height wouldn't bother me in the slightest.  I'd deal with Luke overacheiving in his verticle ability. :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2006, 09:31 AM »
I may get Rieekan and Derlin if they sit long enough, which they likely will.

They're already lingering around here. You should have no problem waiting.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Derlin is officially pegwarming at my closest Target. The same three have sat on the shelves for the last two weeks, weathering a mass of wave 1 returns during the TRU sale and subsequent wave 3 arrivals. There seems to be limited love for Cliffy, which I'm a bit surprised by. He's a nice figure.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2006, 05:04 PM »
If they would have given him the OTC version of the rebel blaster I would have cleared out pegs here, but they gave it the woefully undersized one instead.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 6, 2006, 10:03 AM »
Who's more than a little surprised that Veers is doing a bit of peg warming? It's been talked about, before the actual release, but I'm surprised it has come to pass.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 6, 2006, 01:48 PM »
The only Hoth figs I have pegwarming is Derlin mostly and followed by Reiken