Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 59837 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 06:24 PM »
From Rebelscum:

Battle of Hoth from Episode V will include 8 figures

as an added bonus, each Saga2 figure will inlcude a bonus holographic mini figure.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 06:56 PM »
Crap...

8 Figures in a wave means that in a box of 12, at least FOUR figures are going to be 1-per-case.   ::)

Either that, or we're looking splitting up the 8 in two cases (which is stupid - why have "waves" if they don't ship together), OR we're going to get all of them at 1-per-case with older figures mixed in.

Anyway you look at it, it already sounds hard to track them down, and that's not even factoring in a reuced shelf space that may come with next year being a non-movie year.    >:(

Lame.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Jeff, you're forgetting about the possibility of a drought. Stores still have a bunch of cases of ROTS pegwarmers in the back, and I'm sure that they won't order any new cases until these cases are sold (or shipped back, but that takes forever for Hasbro to finally buy back figures).

I'm hoping that we don't have a drought, and if we do, it better not be as bad as 2003, I missed just about all 03 figures at retail. I'm hoping for new shipping/case strategies from Hasbro, but knowing them we'll get all 8 figs packed 1 per case with a bunch of older figures/repacks.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 08:26 PM »
If the "one to a case" are repacks, I think we'll be ok.

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Some more suggestions/predictions (none of which I'd be opposed to):

some sort of Tauntaun
2-1B (POTF2 repack is probably adequate since the character is pretty static anyway)
POTJ FX-7
POTJ Han Bespin Capture
POTJ Deluxe Bacta Tank Luke
POTJ Wal-Mart exclusive TIE Bomber (not so likely ;D)
Saga Hoth Rescue Han Solo in parka
Saga Hoth Attack Luke Skywalker
Saga Ultra General Rieekan with computer panel
Saga Ultra Wampa
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 12:20 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 12:48 AM »
What I want to see/My predictions:

BATTLE OF HOTH (8 figures):

-Luke Skywalker; Snowspeeder pilot suit. Removeable helmet and articulation similar to Gold Leader. Includes blaster, lightsaber, and ascension cable.
-Hoth Rebel Soldier; SA, maybe with two head variants. Includes blaster and heavy rifle.
-AT-AT Driver; Similar articulation and sculpt to Saga/OTC TIE Pilot. Includes blaster.
-Snowtrooper; New SA sculpt, with blaster.
-Leia in Hoth costume; resculpt, decent articulation. Includes blaster and tools.
-Bespin Han; POTJ Rerelease.
-Major Bren Derlin; decent articulation with blaster.
-General Veers; new sculpt with much articulation and removeable helmet, and possibly armor. Includes blaster.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 02:04 AM »
My Wishlist...

New Sculpts

Major Bren Derlin
General Veers (W/ removeable armor, helmet and hat)
SA Snowtrooper
Toryyn Farr w/ Computer console

Repacks
Luke Skywalker (Saga)
Bespin Han (POTJ)
Chewbacca (Early Bird)
Admiral Piett (kitbash Ozzel, new head)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 09:33 AM »
Lots of choices with this wave as well.  There are many new characters/new sculpts I'd like to see personally, but being realistic, probably half of the wave will be new, the other half old.  I'm hoping if we do see a 1 per case scenario like Jeff mentioned, the repacks are the 1 per case ones.  That would make sense, but we'll see.  Anyways, here's some I wouldn't mind seeing:

SA Snowtrooper - I wasn't happy with the Saga one in particular either.  Nice enough sculpt, but the figure overall could be much better.
SA Hoth Rebel Soldier - This figure really needs to be redone I think, the Saga one was craptastic.
Major Derlin - Very nice choice for a "new" figure that we haven't seen before, and I think we'd all be happy seeing it in the line.
New Snowspeeder Pilot Luke Skywalker - A figure I'd really like to see, they could do a nice job with this if they did an all new sculpt.
SA New Sculpt Han Solo Hoth - Probably not likely, and maybe not all that wanted by the majority of people.  The Saga one isn't awful to me, but could be much better.  Maybe not the top choice right now, but I wouldn't mind seeing this figure re-made eventually.
2-1B - Repack is fine, although I wouldn't mind a new one either.  I never got the POTF2 version, and have been waiting for a resculpt/repack of this one.
Hoth Luke Skywalker - Repack from Saga.  Pretty good figure overall, maybe a bit underarticulated, but otherwise a nice figure I think.
AT-AT Driver - Repack or new sculpt.  Haven't seen one in the line for quite some time, another figure that I don't personally have.  I don't know what the opinions are of the POTF2 version, but if its good, a repack is fine.

There's just a lot of options for this wave, much like the Endor one.  Veers, Torryn Farr, and many others could be good choices as well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Just thinking about the comment of never before done in this scale:

Here are a list of all Hoth Based figures that received votes in the Defender Wishlist Lists last year in order of where they finished.

I'd say either Zev or Torryn would be an obvious choice for that statement.  Perhaps the idea of making one generic Rebel Pilot and crafting 3-5 helmets for Zev, Dack, Hobbie, Wes and Wedge would be the way to go

General Veers
Major Bren Derlin
Zev Senesca
Captain Needa

Torryn Farr
Dack Ralter
Hobbie
Snowtrooper (resculpt)
Hoth Soldier (Echo)
Luke Snowspeeder
Probe Droid
Imperial Naval Trooper
Admiral Piett
Wes Janson
Wedge
Han Hoth
R5-M2
Princess Leia (Hoth)
AT-AT Driver
Echo Power Droid
Imperial Officer
McQuarrie

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2005, 07:22 PM »
Can you imagine if we got another carded Wedge out of this series and it was the same POTF2 mold? :P
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 07:23 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2005, 01:59 AM »
Unfortunately, yes I can imagine that.  COmplete with half-assed white overspray simulating "snow".   ::)

I will say this, if Hoth Luke's re-released, it'd be really nice if they touched up his holster a bit to make it a working piece that fits a blaster in it, and they painted Luke to not be all dinged up by the Wampa.

I know I'd catch flak on this, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing HOth Luke resculpted...  Better articulation, and interchangeable "damaged" and clean heads would be sweet.  But a figure who could ride a taun-taun, but look good off of it too, would be nice.  Personally though, I'd take a new Han, new Leia, and lots of other Hoth figures too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 08:16 PM »
General Veers with removable armor/helmet
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2005, 09:07 AM »
I know I'd catch flak on this, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing HOth Luke resculpted...  Better articulation, and interchangeable "damaged" and clean heads would be sweet.  But a figure who could ride a taun-taun, but look good off of it too, would be nice.  Personally though, I'd take a new Han, new Leia, and lots of other Hoth figures too.

I was rearranging some figures yesterday and was taking a look at some of them closer again.  I really like that Hoth Luke figure from Saga 2004, but I can see your point Jesse.  I think the sculpt is really top notch for the most part, but some added articulation (elbows and knees) would be ok.  I can also see the "non battle damaged" face/head as an option.  I doubt we'll see it, and there's plenty of other Hoth figures I'd like to see made (or resculpted), but as much as I like that Hoth Luke figure....some improvements could be made.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2005, 12:04 AM »
Battle Of Hoth, hmmm?  I'll go with 4 figures since that tended to be the average wave size during SAGA Gold.

-Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder Pilot w/ removable helmet, lightsaber, blaster/holster, grappling line & mine
-AT-AT Driver resculpt (along the lines of the SAGA TIE Pilot)
-R5-M2 - Echo Base astromech
-Hoth Rebel Officer - Gotta fill that hole in the vintage line!

If it's 8, then here are my choices:

-Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder Pilot w/ removable helmet, lightsaber, blaster/holster, grappling line & mine
-AT-AT Driver resculpt (along the lines of the SAGA TIE Pilot)
-R5-M2 - Echo Base astromech
-Hoth Rebel Officer - Gotta fill that hole in the vintage line!
-Hoth Rebel Soldier - SA
-Captain Needa
-Major Derlin
-Imperial Naval Trooper
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2005, 06:17 AM »
There's so much here... it's like picking your favorite kid.

New Stuff:
SA Snowspeeder Luke w/ the works - variant Wedge head
SA Snowtrooper or Hasbro will hear about it.
Major Bren Derlin or Torryn Farr, I'm happy with either
SA General Veers Evolutions style w/ the works

Repacks/Rehashes:
General Rieekan
Han Hoth or Bespin Capture, one of them for sure
2-1B
Some Hoth droid repaint not in EE's sets

Dream Come True:
SA AT-AT Driver resculpt