Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 59829 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2005, 05:49 PM »
The extra holograph fig. for this wave has to be the vader with his hands on his fists listening to general Veers' report from the ATAT

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2005, 11:06 PM »
I am afraid to get my hopes up too much for this wave of all the upcoming OT waves.  With the Hoth Rebel from last year, I don't trust hasbro to do anything Hoth and Rebel related correctly (or at least to my liking)

But I guess I'll go ahead and put my "wish" list out there...

Super Articulated and PROPERLY SCALED Rebel Soldier, Rebel Officer or Echo Base Trooper (ala the vintage guy)

Super Articulated Snow Trooper (grunt version this time, instead of officer)

Luke in Snowspeeder gear with flight Touque and Helmet again SUPER Articulated (slash elbow articulation is not "super")

General Veers with removable Helmet/Armor "extra articulated" (the POTF2 one is an abomination)

Han in Hoth Gear (We deserve an apology from Hasbro for the Action Feature one from Saga, And if they will Super Aticulate it with removable hood/show hat, I won't even join the blue/brown debates.

Super Articulated AT AT driver....

Hobbie, Dak, Wedge, Jansen...any of the Snowspeeder pilots with the correct gear.  Or even one body with 4 different head and helmet sclupts or 4 variations...

Basically they could do Hoth Waves every wave for years and my "wish" list would never be completed.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2005, 02:09 AM »
General Veers helmet off,

I agree with a SA Luke;

What I really fear is that this will be just a reupdate of the Saga stuff. We'll see the SnowTrooper, the Luke, General Reiken as a single figure this time, the Red Droid (I'm tired and cannot think of his name) tha peg warmed forever. I would also like to see a new T1B the Medical Droid. Boy I quit, I'm too tired to post right now.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 09:01 PM »
I finally got the ROTS ATRT Driver...if they did General Veers Snap on Armor like this figures, I think the figure would look good, both with and without it.

I just wonder if they could pull off the removable hat and helmet.  Or perhaps switchable heads...one with officers hat, and one with no hat, but removable helmet......am I asking too much?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 11:52 PM »
The Bespin Guard's hat is removable and looks just great...  If XD and BBI can do removable knit tossel caps, then Hasbro can do a removable Imperial Kepi some justice. :)

I'll settle for nothing short of removable armor and hat/helmet.  The ultimate Imperial Officer fodder for the field, the office, or just having the **** choked out of him for goofing up a report.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 09:49 PM »
surely by now Hasbro could make the hat a bit "thinner" almost like the Evolutions helmets, so as to avoid the bulk on the sides that the Bespin Hat had...don't get me wrong, it is a good hat.  I just hope for more.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2005, 06:12 AM »
Hobbie, Dak, Wedge, Jansen...any of the Snowspeeder pilots with the correct gear.  Or even one body with 4 different head and helmet sclupts or 4 variations...

I second that as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 5, 2005, 06:57 PM »
My List:

Repacks:
SAGA General Rieeken (No Rebel Screen)
POTJ FX-7

New/Repaints:
SA Hoth Rebel Officer w/ blaster and baton
SA General Veers w/ E-11, removable helmet, kepi, and armor, and Vader holo
SA Snowtrooper w/ E-11 and E-Web
Holo Imperial Officer based on Ozzel sculpt w/ E-11
SA AT-AT Driver w/ E-11 and AT-AT "Control Yolk"
SA Luke Snowspeeder w/ lightsaber, blaster, and thermal detonater

Vehicles/Playsets:
POTF2 AT-AT
POTF2 Hoth Battle Playset

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 5, 2005, 10:29 PM »
Hmmm...I could almost see them making a General Rieekan carded.  I would probably go for that. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #39 on: October 5, 2005, 11:36 PM »
I hope they do, because I passed on him last time.  I just couldn't see paying $10 for him.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #40 on: October 7, 2005, 10:31 AM »
I'd like to see a new Admiral Piett.

I'm thinking that hoping for a new SA snowtrooper at this point is like hoping the sky will rain money. They'll repack that lame half-stepping SAGA snow captain from 2003.

I could see Riekkan being repacked, along with K-3PO, FX-7 (even though I could army build with this guy at my TRU), the red protocol unit, and maybe even the astromech from the Hoth set from a couple years ago.

I could see a new Hoth Leia. Other than that, I have no idea what Hasbro plans to do with this. They just did lots of Hoth figures less than 2 years ago, so I'm worrying that this will be a wave of all repacks. I doubt they're planning on giving us a Torryn Farr or Major Derlin, though I hope I'm wrong.

Anyways, here's my wishlist, for what its worth...

* New SA Hoth Leia
* New SA Hoth Han
* New Admiral Piett
* New General Veers (with all the fixin's)
* New SA Snowtrooper
* New SA Rebel Hoth Trooper (normal height!)

And NO HOTH CHEWBACCA!!!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 8, 2005, 11:05 PM »
After seeing pics from the Carkoon wave, I am excited and scared at the same time for this wave.  This in my ALL TIME FAVORITE topic in the Trilogy for a Wave.  I always loved HOTH stuff (probably from never seeing Snow in real life back then).  I would love to see everything on Lando's LIST.

I can only cringe to think of what the re-packs will be.  And after the Hoth Rebel HOBBIT from a couple years ago, I am really worried what the new stuff would look like.

If we take Carkoon as a model, we will get:

2 New Sculpt Major Characters (1 almost Super Artic, 1 basic, almost 1995 articulation)
1 New Sculpt Minor Character, pseudo Articulated
1 New Paint Old Mold Major Character
1 Old Paint Old Mold Mid Range Character
1 Old Sculpt Old Paint Minor Character

I think I read that Hoth was an 8 figure wave, so I assume we get 2 re-packed Army Builders as a "bone-us".  Saga Snowtrooper and Hoth Rebel Hobbit will melt pegs like only a Neimoidian Warrior could hope to.

Keep in mind, I'd love to be wrong, and according to my wife, I am ALWAYS wrong, so we'll have to see.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #42 on: October 9, 2005, 01:32 AM »
Yeah, using the Carkoon wave as a model, expectations start to go down... but Hasbro did say one or more of the figs had never been done in this scale, or something like that.  So I figure one of them will be Toyrn Farr, or Derlin, or someone like that.  I figure if they skip the SA Snowtrooper, and repack the Saga one, it's a signal of lame things to come.  But there are so many figs in this theme that need resculpts (Luke, leia, Han, Veers, AT AT Driver, Luke Snowspeeder, Wedge, etc....) so where do you start?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 9, 2005, 10:48 AM »
I'm going to rip off Paul's methodology here for what I'm hoping/dreading Hasbro will do with this wave.

*2 New Sculpt Major Characters (1 almost Super Artic, 1 basic, almost 1995 articulation)

1.  Luke Skywalker in Snowspeeder Pilot Gear (SA)
2.  Princess Leia in Hoth Gear (basic articulation)

*1 New Sculpt Minor Character, pseudo Articulated

3.  Major Derlin

*1 New Paint Old Mold Major Character

4.  C-3P0 (ROTS version with silver leg)

*1 Old Paint Old Mold Mid Range Character

5.  General Riekkan (Saga Ultra version with no display)

*1 Old Sculpt Old Paint Minor Character

6.  AT-AT Driver (POTF2 Freeze Frame)

*2 re-packed Army Builders as a "bone-us".

7.  Snowtrooper (Saga 2003/OTC)

8.  Hoth Rebel Soldier (POTF2 1997)

I really hope I'm wrong...but something tells me that is closer to what we'll get than what we really want and will buy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2005, 03:43 AM »
And just like that, Entertainment Earth has pictures of Saga Wave 2 (Hoth Wave) up for your viewing pleasure...

Yes...  Oh yes...  Veers with removable armor, and I'm assuming a hat somewhere.  Oh...  Freaking...  Yes.  :) 

Major Derlin's been one I've wanted for a while too, and he looks pretty sharp.  I love the Gonk Droid tremendously, and was hoping they'd someday put another out on the pegs for us.  I still buy the Commtech one if I see it really cheap just to have for background scenes.  The AT-AT Driver is a figure that I personally never wanted to see redone, as I was perfectly happy with the POTF2 (kind of like the TIE Pilot), and honestly I don't think the new one looks better tremendously other than it's obviously a much more articulated version.  He appears to be reusing parts perhaps?  Or maybe it's my eyes.

On the repack front...

R2 is appearing to be either the VOTC sculpt or the Preview R4's sculpt being utilized?  I'm a bit perplexed that they would re-release such a background character as Riekean, who was also a bit of a pegwarmer...  He's not my favorite figure they've done but he suited his purpose as an old guy that stands there, mostly.

The Vader, is that VOTC sculpt or ROTS?  And I'm disappointed to see the Saga Snowtrooper again which is a pre-posed, under-articulated figure that I've never liked much.  An easy pass for me on most of the repacks, but if that's VOTC Vader I think it's nice to see it out there again...  The R2 has me curious about it too. 

The new figures look fantastic though, but I notice that again the articulation's limited.  No leg articulation besides basic thigh joints.  The Veers I could understand somewhat given all his gear but on Derlin it's a little annoying since he's kinda sparce looking.  The AT-AT Driver's looking like he got the articulation budget for this wave. ;)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 04:09 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77