Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 59835 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2005, 11:51 PM »
You know, the more I look at it, I think the Vader is the same as the 500th version, perhaps with a different head (no removeable helmet)...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2005, 04:35 PM »
500th and VOTC, if I'm not mistaken (I didn't open my 500th) are one in the same, but different heads, so that'd make it the VOTC sculpt I think.

The arms are almost definitely VOTC...  It's the legs I can't tell about.  They look it to me, but I can't clearly see the knee articulation either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2005, 06:38 PM »
500 is a different sculpt from the VOTC version.  The 500 has traditional joints at the neck, shoulders, hips, and (maybe) waist, as well as cut elbows, cut wrists, and a rather interesting "double ball joint" in his knees.  The legs have a much wider stance (which is what tipped it off to me a few pages ago when the first photos surfaced) to accomodate the chamber chair, and it doesn't have the hole in the belt for the lightsaber hilt.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 4, 2005, 09:49 AM »
As you can see on the front page, Hasbro has updated with news on the figures included in the Hoth wave.  Sounds like Veers does indeed have removable armor/helmet.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 4, 2005, 09:51 AM »
Sounds like Veers does indeed have removable armor/helmet.

And the was much rejoycing!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #110 on: November 4, 2005, 03:58 PM »
I'm still curious as to which Artoo we'll be getting with this wave.  In the initial pic, and in the pic on Hasbro's site (which I believe may be the same pic), the Artoo appears to be a plain, repainted Sneak Preview R4-G9.  But in their write up, they say "includes electronic lights and sounds."

Guess we'll have to wait until carded pics show up to be certain.  I'm really hoping for a plain, R4-G9 repaint with this one.  If it's not, that will make the third electronic Artoo in about a year and a half, which is really pushing it, even for an Artoo junkie like me.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 4, 2005, 04:03 PM »
I'm still curious as to which Artoo we'll be getting with this wave.  In the initial pic, and in the pic on Hasbro's site (which I believe may be the same pic), the Artoo appears to be a plain, repainted Sneak Preview R4-G9.  But in their write up, they say "includes electronic lights and sounds."

Guess we'll have to wait until carded pics show up to be certain.  I'm really hoping for a plain, R4-G9 repaint with this one.  If it's not, that will make the third electronic Artoo in about a year and a half, which is really pushing it, even for an Artoo junkie like me.

I'm kind of curious about this too.  When we were thinking it was a repainted R4-G9, I thought that would be a nice repaint, and an R2 I would likely pick up.  If it is another electronic version, I'm not so sure.  Its a neat gimmick, and I like it on the ones I have, but I don't know that we necessarily need another.  I'd rather get the nice R4-G9-sculpted version.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 5, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I think it does have light and sounds according to the latest 411 by "that other site." 

Offline OT Freak

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 6, 2005, 12:14 AM »
Sounds like Veers does indeed have removable armor/helmet.

And the was much rejoycing!
Yeah, but will he come with a regular hat? I mean whats the point of the helmet and armor coming off if Veers doesn't come with his fancy hat? It's not like he didn't wear it on screen. Maybe Hasbro will use the EU BS on this one. ;D
Hey Hasbro, Wake the #@$! UP!!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #114 on: November 6, 2005, 12:34 AM »
Maybe the R2 is a straight repack of the one from the Bacara/Crispy McAnakin period....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #115 on: November 6, 2005, 02:42 AM »
I saw (not you Anton, others) that some were surprised at Veers having the removable armor and I was sorta surprised at their surprise...  The armor was pretty plainly obvious that it came off by looking at it.  Not that it looks bad, it just clearly is separately molded pieces.  I didn't realize there were many out there who didn't catch that.

I agree with OTFreak about the hat...  Seems odd if he doesn't have it, and I have to say it's a disappointment if it's the case.  I was really REALLY looking forward to having a hat I could perhaps use for customizing but whatever...

In the end I'll be content with Veers I think...  The whole Saga series is looking cool but I'm more concerned with articulation taking a step backwards after so much advancment in this area by Hasbro...  Ball/socket knees missing on Han (Veers I'm alittle more lenient on) is just a disappointment...  Same goes for Derlin since I consider him an army builder.  Veers I'm so-so on.  He could use them too and I'd be the first to want them but somehow I just don't care as much about him.  Maybe it's all the gear he comes with, I dunno.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #116 on: November 6, 2005, 04:28 AM »
So far I haven't seen or heard anything in the Saga line that absolutely blows me away.  Usually as the calender flips over and we get an idea of the year ahead there's one figure or two that gets me going, but not so far with Saga.

There's some great stuff (the AT AT Driver for one) but like Jesse said, the articulation seems to be in retreat, the main characters we want redone are either going to be repacks, or $5 more expensive (VOTC, if it's true). 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: November 6, 2005, 04:54 AM »
I'll bite on a VOTC Han Trenchcoat though if it's all it should be for that price.  :)  I'll be giddy at that one.

The line is kinda "meh" right now though.  It's weird...  I like this stuff, I'm excited about collecting, but I wasn't really "down" on ROTS yet either...  I'm glad to get OT stuff, but I'm anxious for some oddball things or an army builder that simply bowls me over.  The AT AT Driver is cool but not one I wanted particularly...  Had that been a Snowtrooper I'd have probably gone nuts when I saw the pics.  Had it been a SA Rebel Trooper, I'd have probably wet myself.

Or SA Han Hoth, or SA Hoth Luke or SA Snowspeeder anyone...  You get the picture.

Instead it's an AT-AT Driver who I have some POTF2 figs I was happy enough with.  Not to say I dislike him, he's cool, but just wasn't high on my list.  Veers was though so he's cool to me.  That's the kinda stuff I'm really looking forward to.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 8, 2005, 12:15 PM »
I'm glad they are doing the AT-AT Driver again but I'd rather have a new snowtrooper.  The origional AT-AT Driver looked pretty cool to me and I'd be OK is they left it that way if I could get a SA Snowtrooper...and I'll freak the day they make the Galactic Marine version!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #119 on: November 8, 2005, 08:58 PM »
An SA Snowtrooper is like on my top five list.  I'm disappointed, too, but maybe they didn't want to do him and the AT AT Driver at the same time.