Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 59840 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2006, 08:55 PM »
This wave has hit Targets here in the greater SLC area 3 x now, and they have now hit Walmarts 2x as of today. Should mean more people are being able to get figures.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2006, 08:58 PM »
i've only seen one Vader and R2-D2 so far and tons of Veers and AT-AT Drivers  ::)
how come people display no love for Veers? 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2006, 09:40 PM »
I like Veers - a lot!

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2006, 10:12 PM »
i've only seen one Vader and R2-D2 so far and tons of Veers and AT-AT Drivers  ::)
how come people display no love for Veers? 

Because Veers is 2x per case and Vader and R2-D2 are only 1x per case at the moment.

When I find Hoth remnants at the local stores, it's usually only the Human Dudes - Veers, Derlin, Rieekan - because:

- Gonk and R2 are being gobbled up because they are 1x per case and selling well on eBay.
- Vader is being gobbled up because he's got two different versions shipping (standing and saber out)
- AT-AT Driver and Snowtroopers are being gobbled up by the army builders

As a result, the Human Dudes seem to hang around the longest.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2006, 09:12 AM »
About the Imperial uniform colors...I wouldn't put ROTS Tarkin in the same catagory.  Story wise, he appears 20 years before ANH.  If the Empire changed the color of the uniforms over that time, I wouldn't be surprised.

But if you look at the actual scene in ROTS, it's the same as the OT uniform color.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: January 30, 2006, 04:13 AM »
The Gonk, in my estimation, is the hottest of the wave too....  I think his partially new status and as Jeff said his being 1 to a case, both have a lot to do with this.  I have yet to get one though I've now seen Hoth wave in abundance a couple times.  Saw lots of R2 and Vader even, but no Gonk...  :( 

Hasbro hopefully plans to get some of this stuff out there in better numbers for a while longer because I gotta find Fetts for the kiddies and I'll be damned if I ever saw him.  Carkoon Wave's still showing though so I'm hopeful.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #261 on: January 30, 2006, 04:48 AM »
I skipped the Gonk when I first found him, and now I kind of wish I hadn't.  Oh, well.  If I see him again, I'll grab him. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #262 on: January 30, 2006, 05:38 AM »
He's a cool one to me...  Get a treadwell too, that's nice.  I thought he was, for all intents and purposes, as good as the AT-AT Driver overall.  Not a new sculpt totally, but good nonetheless, great Hoth filler, and the fact you get Treadwell (albeit again), made it a lot better in my eyes.  That's value for the price to me... 

To me, the gonk sets an example of maximizing what you get for what you pay...  You get the retooled droid, which looks fantastic, plus you get its little attachments to make it unique and even perhaps worth buying twice...  Plus you get the Treadwell which could have been painted something different but that's minor.

The AT-AT Driver sorta fits this bill to me too...  You obviously don't get as much extra stuff but you get a good overall figure...  Unfortunately I don't think all the figures in the wave maximized their utility, so to speak. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 30, 2006, 10:10 AM »
I saw remnants of the Hoth wave at both WM and Target this weekend, and in both cases it was just Derlin and Veers.  Those seem to be the ones hanging around the longest here.  Still no sign of R2 or Vader, and I haven't seen the AT-AT Driver or Gonk since the first time this wave showed up either.  I think Derlin and Veers are both good figures, so its too bad they are hitting, but maybe they just don't have as broad of appeal to non-collectors.  I hope this wave continues to ship for awhile as well, need to get some more figures out there, at least in this area.  Haven't seen any part of the Carkoon wave for a few weeks now.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 30, 2006, 11:14 AM »
I saw remnants of the Hoth wave at both WM and Target this weekend, and in both cases it was just Veers.  Those seem to be the ones hanging around the longest here. 

YES!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Wow, I love the Veers figure... excellent custom fodder.   Send your loose Veers figures my way!  :)

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #266 on: January 30, 2006, 09:49 PM »
I saw a bunch of what seems to be fresh Carkoon cases at two different walmarts.

At a third, was 2x Riekians and a lone Barada. I picked up a reikian, cuz I needed him. But damn, I still need a Veers. I hate starting to be a completist.

I agree. I may buy a few Veers to use as Imperial officers.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Chewie's right- Veers is great custom fodder of all sorts.

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2006, 04:49 AM »
But damn, I still need a Veers. I hate starting to be a completist.

He's a "must" for even the non-completists among us, I'm afraid.  However, not being a completist allowed me to pass on that 40th rendition of Darth Vader in that wave.

If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2006, 09:49 AM »
Chewie's right- Veers is great custom fodder of all sorts.

Is the neck articulated?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."