Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 59819 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2006, 03:05 PM »
I keep missing this wave. I read reports, but only find the old Carkoon figures (minus Boba and Chewie). I want Veers, Derlin and that AT-AT Pilot!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2006, 03:30 PM »
I noticed that Yakface has a story up showing that the Hoth wave is now in stock over at Amazon, but for $8.99 each!  Yikes.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2006, 03:35 PM »
I noticed that Yakface has a story up showing that the Hoth wave is now in stock over at Amazon, but for $8.99 each!  Yikes.

Ew, yuck.  That's over $10 each shipped, depending how many or few you buy.  I think the only figure I'd resort to Amazon for in this wave, and actually in Carkoon and Hoth combined, is General Veers.  I might have had to stoop to this for the AT AT driver as well.  And that's only after an exhaustive search of retail stores.

Luckily, the retail situation has been slightly better.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2006, 11:55 PM »
I'm really hoping retail breaks soon too.  WM is holding its own but I fear a back-up there at some point, and Target usually doesn't order QUITE as much but they'll maybe be the last resort to find anything at some point.

I got a Gonk today, and I'm quite pleased with this figure.  You get two, and the Treadwell looks to have seen better days and does look different than Luke's Treadwell so I think it was nice of Hasbro to mixt hat up some. 

The Gonk is sweet though.  A nice reworking of the mold to give us a basically new figure but with distinctly different looks... 

And I say again, remember to keep those clear rubber bands that hold weapons in hands.  I use them to keep my Gonk's legs straight so he stands normal.  Love this figure though, and he's as good as the AT-AT Driver overall IMO.  Then Derlin, then Veers...  A better wave than Carkoon but not by a whole lot I'm afraid.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 6, 2006, 09:47 AM »
Maybe it's the AT-AT sucker in me, but I think this Hoth wave is one of the best groups of movie and planet specific figures put out in the modern line. Take away general John Kerry, and you have 2 new and improved army builders, 1 imperial officer with armor, a brand new rebel officer, a cool droid two pack, and the obligatory vader and R2. I returned my carkoon wave, and picked up 2 more at-at drivers, an extra snowtrooper, an extra veers, and an extra droid pack. Despite my new years resolution against keeping carded figures, the Hoth wave will be an exception.  ;D

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 6, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Still haven't seen it, I think it's already dried up around here.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 6, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Still haven't seen it, I think it's already dried up around here.

Hang in there. I thought I'd never see the Hoth wave, but a week later I walk out of Target with General Veers in hand.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 8, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Stopped by Target today, not really looking for anything in particular but I was in the area.  They have had the pegs pretty full with the Hoth wave for a couple weeks now, but its just three figures that are there: Derlin, Veers, and Rieekan.  I guess they might be headed for pegwarming, but its still early.  Its too bad, because I think Veers and Derlin...although they could use some knee joints....are pretty good figures.  I guess once the "collectors" have them, maybe that's all they sell to.  Maybe its Target's $6.99 pricepoint, because our Wal-Mart doesn't seem to have this problem nearly as bad.  Like I said, its still early, but I was a little surprised to see so many on the pegs there still today.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 8, 2006, 04:49 PM »
Yeah, Veers is a pretty good figure... I think people who didn't army build it later might regret it.  I remember when the OTC AT-ST Han was everywhere, people questioned why anyone would want more than one of them... heh heh... it's called a head swap - do it and you can make several versions of the AT-ST driver... same for an AT-AT commander too or other Imperials.  Just fun to keep expanding those armies.

:P

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 12, 2006, 09:32 AM »
Those are some nice looking imperial customs!

The way these waves are flying in, I'm hoping to score a couple more Hoth army builders before they are on to geonosis!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2006, 11:03 AM »
And I say again, remember to keep those clear rubber bands that hold weapons in hands.  I use them to keep my Gonk's legs straight so he stands normal. 

My Gonk didn't even come with the rubber bands on his feet.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2006, 01:16 PM »
None of them do - and neither did the Commtech Chip one way back when.

But the Rubberband trick is pure genius, I did it yesterday to both of the Gonks on my shelves and it workedl ike a charm.  I can finally flip the Jabba's palace one right-side-up.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2006, 02:01 PM »
I just found this entire wave in good numbers on Friday afternoon at a TRU.  It's Sunday as I write this. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #283 on: February 14, 2006, 09:13 AM »
While taking photos of the Hoth Wave R2, I noticed that the lid for trunk accessory, attaches to the bottom of it, locking them together.

Neat.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 09:20 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 14, 2006, 09:20 AM »
While taking photos of the Hoth Wave R2, I noticed that the lid for trunk accessory, attaches to the bottom of it, locking them together.

Neat.

I'll be damned, I missed that.