Author Topic: Star Wars Comics - Marvel  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Star Wars Comics - Marvel
« on: January 19, 2006, 02:56 PM »
I quickly looked through and didn't see a topic just for the old Marvel comics, so I thought I'd start one.  I remember reading some of these as a kid (many at a friend's house), and have always wanted to pick up some now to read through.  After Jesse's reply to my question about the "Han saving Chewie" issue, I've thought about getting some online.  For those of you who remember, or maybe currently have, some of the old Marvel comics...are there any time periods or issues you could recommend being really good stories?  I've thought about picking up some of the individual issues that centered around the movies as well, but aside from that, are there any others that you might recommend?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Star Wars Comics - Marvel
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 12:31 AM »
If you're just looking for some good reading, I suggest you buy the bound volumes that were released recently. Many months ago, I went to my local comic shop to pick up just the first Volume... I accidentaly picked up Volume 3 (Empire Strikes Back issues, and afterwards), but I enjoyed it so much, I plan on picking up Volumes 1 and 2 eventually. Maybe even a few more.

I love the bright colors and absolutely horrible storylines (well, some of the storylines are actually pretty neat)... The Empire Strikes Back issues are incredible, though. The art is perfect, the story is great, of course... There are even hints of cut scenes. I'd say these TPB's may act as a really nice inspirational tool to some of the cusomizers here, too - there are some pretty flamboyant characters.

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Volume 4

Volume 5

Volume 6

Volume 7

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Thanks for the recommendation (and links) Brad.  I've thought about picking those up as well, and it might be cheaper/easier overall to do just that.  I'm curious, are they printed in color or black and white?  I don't think I've looked at one in person, so I wasn't sure.  Thanks again.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 01:15 PM »
Unlike the original comics, all of the TPB's are full color printed on a smooth glossy page, so the black is crisp and the colors are very brilliant.