Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 126282 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #240 on: May 7, 2008, 12:40 AM »
I got Kart this weekend and have been playing with it way more than should.  Next time I'm on I'll write down my number and we can have a JD race :-*

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #241 on: May 7, 2008, 12:19 PM »
I still need to pick it up just always seem to skip going to gamestop.

As for the virtual console, you have to pick up solomons key. great game. It was the first one i bought with the VC.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #242 on: May 7, 2008, 02:07 PM »
As for the virtual console, you have to pick up solomons key. great game. It was the first one i bought with the VC.

Agreed.  One of these games I always liked but was never good at.  :)

I'm waiting impatiently for either of the Castlevania 64 games to be available for download.  I've been dying to play then and I no longer have a N64.

John

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2008, 08:41 PM »
i just bought Mario Kart and smash brothers for the wii recently
they are alot of fun
i would reccomend them

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2008, 10:06 PM »
I still need to pick it up just always seem to skip going to gamestop.

ya that is a great game I have the original cartridge, also the orginal Metroid rocks..

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2008, 04:18 PM »
I thought it was a case of perfect timing yesterday as we received our stimulus check, and happened to stop at TRU to do some shopping for our daughter's upcoming b-day - and they had plenty of Wiis in stock.  Unfortunately, the Mrs. didn't agree with me :P.  Hopefully we can pick one up sometime this summer.  I think the last "new" video game I purchased was Lego Star Wars II for the Gamecube (a game I still enjoy).  For those of you who have picked up a Wii, what do you think of it?

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2008, 12:52 AM »
I love our Wii, but unfortunately, haven't had a whole lotta time lately to play.  I don't have a lot of games, but the non-traditional form of game play really keeps my wife and I playing.  We picked up Mario Kart Wii a couple of weeks ago and enjoy racing each other while the baby is asleep.  The online feature is really cool in MK.  I think my wife wants the Wii Fit game next.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 21, 2008, 09:19 AM »
We use our Wii a lot.  My 8 year uses it all the time.  However, its not uncommon for our family of 4 to strap into a little Mario Kart racing action.  We are getting Wii-fit this week as well.  My wife is very interested in trying out the Yoga stuff.  I'm not sure I want my video game system to tell me what my BMI is.  :-\

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 21, 2008, 10:00 PM »
The wife and I love it.  I'm an avid gamer and most cases if I ask her to play a fps or sport game she'll pass.  But with the Wii no problem.  We actually have get togethers just to play, so it's definetly a great party console.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2008, 04:56 PM »
Apparently the Wii fit is selling out like crazy.  My wife tried to get one today and no one had any in stock.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2008, 10:37 PM »
I don't understand the Wii Fit craze. If I want to exercise, I'll go out and actually exercise, not do some virtual exercising. ???
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 23, 2008, 11:20 AM »
I wasn't trying to get one or anything, but I noticed that Wii Fit is selling out around here too.  I happened to be in both TRU and Target on Wednesday (when it was released), and there were several people asking about it at both stores - and both were told they were sold out in minutes.  TRU had enough for preorders only, and at Target they said they got 18 in, and they were sold out by 8:05.  Crazy.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #252 on: May 28, 2008, 01:45 PM »
There are a few things that will be cool about the wiifit though. Tony hawk games for the wii will utilize it according to nintendo. And they have a ski game coming out that uses the board. I may not use it for "excersize" but it will be a nifty little game controller.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 28, 2008, 06:12 PM »
I've been trying to get Mario Kart: Wii but can't find the damn thing anywhere. I saw a pyramid of them at Best Buy a week ago and now they're all gone.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 1, 2008, 10:05 AM »
Well, my wife and daughter surprised me with a Wii for my birthday.  We never spend that much on b-day presents, and only justified not taking it back because it is something the whole family can enjoy.  We spent a little bit of time yesterday playing Wii Sports (the Mrs. actually played it longer than I did, and she hasn't ever shown interest in video games much before).  It is definitely not like any video game system I've played before, and is a lot of fun.  The question I have now, what game recommendations do you fellow Wii owners have?