Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125687 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #360 on: April 20, 2013, 02:31 AM »
Thats awesome!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 14, 2013, 08:44 PM »
This isn't exactly Wii-specific, but since that's what we have at our house, I thought I'd post it here.  Is anyone anticipating this upcoming Disney Infinity game?  I know it isn't a typical "gamer's " game or anything, but our daughter sure has been asking about it a lot.  I know it is available on multiple (all?) playforms, and it seems kind of cool in the way you can scan in various characters from across Disney's lines and play them together.  I wonder if Marvel or Star Wars could be added down the road?  Anyways, just curious if anyone is planning on picking this up or not.  I don't know a ton about it, other than the commercials and the fact that it seems to be one of those Skylander's type of buying the figure and putting them into the game type of things.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 15, 2013, 02:55 AM »
I bought a Super NES today at a price I couldn't pass up.  Old school is where it's at!  Well, at least that's what I tell the kiddos.  Now to hunt down some games. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 15, 2013, 08:50 AM »
I got a spiffy new 3DS XL in the new sexy black finish at Target last night.  On sale for $175, I got an additional 10% by using a coupon good for anything left over from our bridal registry (yes, I put one on there).  Paid with gift cards, total cost, $0.  :)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 15, 2013, 12:40 PM »
...good for anything left over from our bridal registry (yes, I put one on there). 

Of course you did.  You simply misunderstood your fiancée when she said she wanted to play games in the bedroom.  (or that's what you tell everyone else) ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #365 on: August 15, 2013, 03:16 PM »
FG, what's a good price on a Super Nintendo?  Just curious...  Have mine, and considered selling it but never really knew what direction to go.

I got a new TV for my office and got out my Gamecube and plugged it in...  Had fun playing Bounty Hunter till it froze...  I think the system was too covered and heated up maybe, so I'm going to give that a whirl tonight and see if I fixed it.  If not, I may buy a Wii cheap when the new systems launch since I guess they play GC games, which I wasn't aware of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 15, 2013, 11:58 PM »
The original Wiis play Gamecube games not the ones at stores right now. That functionality was taken about almost a year ago. Recently I picked up a Gamecube for $10 at Good Will. You might find a replacement there.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 16, 2013, 07:56 AM »
...good for anything left over from our bridal registry (yes, I put one on there). 

Of course you did.  You simply misunderstood your fiancée when she said she wanted to play games in the bedroom.  (or that's what you tell everyone else) ;)
That is what she meant?  Huh.  We have just been taking turns playing single-player games. 

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 16, 2013, 07:57 AM »
You can get a Chinese knockoff that plays NES and SNES games in the same unit for around $50 or so. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #369 on: August 16, 2013, 09:20 AM »
I've also seen units that play Genesis, SNES and NES games as well

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2013, 04:46 PM »
FG, what's a good price on a Super Nintendo?  Just curious...  Have mine, and considered selling it but never really knew what direction to go.

I've seen "hybrid" units like the ones mentioned in this thread that will play regular NES & SNES games for about $50, give or take.  Original SNESs seem to be going anywhere from $50-$75.  I bought mine with 4 games & 2 controllers for like $30, which I think is great.  Now I'm going nuts trying to find "TMNT: Turtles in Time."  I managed to find "NBA Jam" though which is like frickin' crack.  I can play it for hours.       
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 17, 2013, 10:45 AM »
Well there is the RetroN 3 that will play SNES, NES and Genesis games through the HDMI.

but what I've been waiting for is the RetroN 5. It plays original NES, SNES, Genesis, Famicom, Game Boy Advance, Super Famicom, Mega Drive, Game Boy Color and Game Boy cartridges. the Famicom and Mega Drive are the Japanese versions of the NES and Genesis.

http://hyperkin.com/blog/2013/03/retron-5-details-revealed-from-the-midwest-gaming-classic/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:49 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 17, 2013, 10:47 AM »
If you want a portable SNES there is the Hyperkin Supaboy.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #373 on: August 19, 2013, 11:17 AM »
That Retron 5 is amazing! I need one. Did they announce a release date?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 19, 2013, 04:58 PM »
No release date yet. They just say "real soon now". :-\