Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125676 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #435 on: June 28, 2017, 09:54 PM »
I managed to get lucky and got an NES Classic off eBay for about $120.  My wife and I have played it a ton.  However, I never saw them in stores.  One store nearby was asking for a $50 up front fee to reserve one when they showed up.  Then the store was selling them for $120.  Needless to say I balked at that.

As for the Super NES, I'm looking forward to that, but I'm not real thrilled about the game choices.  As crazy as it sounds, I was really hoping Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball would have been included.  But that was a rather minor game and not a headliner like the stuff that is being included.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 28, 2017, 10:11 PM »
I'd love a SNES one.

I got a NES by standing outside Target for 2 hours in -3 degree weather last December.

Worth every cent of the $60. My wife, my 5 year old and I have had a lot of fun with it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #437 on: September 16, 2017, 12:44 PM »
So there's an article floating around that Nintendo is going to make more NES classic editions.  Probably enough to bring the grand total up to 7.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 16, 2017, 03:00 PM »
I have heard that as well. Sounds like not until next year sometime for the NES Classics though. They also claim to be making more of the SNES orders, but we'll see.

Has anyone here picked up a Switch? I know they are sometimes tough to find as well. We were able to get one opening day, and I have to say we have loved it so far. To be honest, I've always been a Nintendo guy, and haven't really gotten into the other consoles much, even though they are usually superior tech-wise. Love the Nintendo fun-factor though.

I'm pretty sure I've never played a game as much as I've played Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I just love it. My daughter and I have also been having a lot of fun with games like MarioKart, ARMS, and Splatoon 2. Definitely the most action a console has seen in our house a long time.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 29, 2017, 03:52 PM »
So the SNES Classic came out today.  Now that I know there's a sequel to StarFox on it....I need to get one!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 2, 2017, 11:44 AM »
I got it.  I think someone reached into my brain and pulled out the file for "Greatest Video Games Ever" and then made this thing.  So awesome.  Cords are still too short though.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2017, 04:36 PM »
Bought a SNES today. Target by me got in 34. Had about 6 left as of right now.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 13, 2017, 05:16 PM »
I have been looking everywhere online and offline trying to buy one for retail pricing and have no idea how to find one without taking a day off work and standing around a store.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:17 PM by Rob »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 13, 2017, 08:19 PM »
Be patient....they are supposed to make more than 3 of these things.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #444 on: October 14, 2017, 12:21 PM »
I have been looking everywhere online and offline trying to buy one for retail pricing and have no idea how to find one without taking a day off work and standing around a store.

Any suggestions?

Use Brickseek.com and UPC 045496590758  or DPCI 207-29-7001 to check Walmart and Target stock
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 14, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Be patient....they are supposed to make more than 3 of these things.

I'd read that, but wasn't sure if it was true or not.  Good to know though.

Use Brickseek.com and UPC 045496590758  or DPCI 207-29-7001 to check Walmart and Target stock

Oooh, nice.  There's a Target I can get to at lunch, I can just start checking in the morning each day and run down if they have them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 14, 2017, 07:45 PM »
I'm still hoping to get one, but haven't seen them so far. I have a buddy who got one opening day, and there was enough that I probably could have got one if I got there early, but I really didn't have the extra money at the time.

On a Nintendo side note, our kiddo and I have really been loving our Switch. I've never put as much time into a game as Zelda (love it), and there have been a number of games (Nintendo based and other publishers), that we've really enjoyed playing. The whole grab and go play switchover works pretty great as well.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 17, 2017, 01:52 PM »
I finally found an SNES Classic at Target last night.  So that's fun.

Have any of you guys bought one and tried adding ROMs to it?

I'm tempted.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #448 on: June 28, 2018, 02:41 PM »
You know, gang, the news about Nintendo re-releasing the NES Classic to stores tomorrow isn’t gonna post itself

http://mentalfloss.com/article/549439/nes-classic-edition-returning-stores-june-29
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 28, 2018, 10:49 PM »
I'll keep an eye out.
This is the way.

I have spoken.