Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125675 times)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #210 on: March 31, 2007, 03:37 PM »
Do not freat baout Wii supplies, apparently come April 1st they will be shipping a ton of them. There is a rumor going around that Nintendo held back supplies for 2 reasons: 1 to make it un-mod-able and 2 to post better 1st Quarter 2007 profits... So keep looking!  :)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 1, 2007, 11:08 PM »
I was able to pick up a Wii this morning at TRU.  I went there at 8:15 to get into line.  I was eighth and they had 21.  There were at least 50 people in line by the time they opened the store.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2007, 12:17 AM »

The Force is strong with this one: Darth Vader’s Nintendo 64

You know, I've got a spare N64 lying around.  Hmm. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2007, 09:59 AM »
That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2007, 10:53 AM »
Well, I wouldn't go that far... ::)

Did anyone else notice that darn near all of the Sunday circulars had the Wii advertised?  That will cause a lot of frustration with consumers looking to find one...

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2007, 01:04 PM »

I don't get out much.

And I'm easiy amused.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2007, 11:06 AM »

Did anyone else notice that darn near all of the Sunday circulars had the Wii advertised?  That will cause a lot of frustration with consumers looking to find one...

Yeah I noticed it as well but the rumor going around is that they are going to be increasing production and availablity...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2007, 02:31 PM »
That rumor has been going around for the last 6 months. All I know is that when I finally get one I'm going to have a lot of $20 games to choose from.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #218 on: August 1, 2007, 11:47 PM »
Target must have gotten a motherload of Wii's in because every one I went to today had at least 3-4 on the shelves.  Oh, and I bought one :)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 2, 2007, 08:20 AM »
Target must have gotten a motherload of Wii's in because every one I went to today had at least 3-4 on the shelves.  Oh, and I bought one :)

everywhere i go now i see a Wii, heck i went to HMV and they had 8 of them :o
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 2, 2007, 09:07 AM »
I saw a bunch at our local Target this past weekend as well.  I said to the wife "hey, they have Wii's in stock!", and she said "yep, they sure do", and we kept on walking :).  Still wouldn't mind getting one eventually, but hopefully this is at least a sign that they won't be soo difficult for people to get a hold of.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2007, 01:58 PM »
I've also ended up getting a Wii after seeing them at multiple Wal-Mart stores. I still need to pick up a game though, and I'd like to get a few Wii Points cards to pick up some older games from the Virtual Console. Too bad I'm trying to save my money at the moment.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 4, 2007, 12:49 PM »
Harkening back to the "ye olde..." title of this thread, I had a quick question about the original NES.  I still like playing ours, but it hasn't been working for a bit now.  A lot of people have told me I just need a new connector, possibly like this?

ebay auction

Is this what I would need, and if so, does anyone know of a good place to get this?  I guess I've been fortunate that I've never had to change anything on our NES, but I'd kind of like to get it running again and bust out those old games.  Any suggestions?

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #223 on: December 4, 2007, 01:43 PM »
Have you tried using a q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts of the games?  I'll do that, and additionally I'll get one of the games nice and lathered with alcohol and slide it in and out of the NES a few times.  Helps clean its innards a bit.

Wow, talking about lathering something up with alcohol and sliding it in and out just made me feel really dirty.

John

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #224 on: December 9, 2007, 10:52 PM »
Not sure if I ever gave an update here...but I decided to give this to my boys for Christmas.  I'm all stocked up and ready to go, I really can't wait to crack this baby open.