Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 126283 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #255 on: July 1, 2008, 10:50 AM »
I don't have a Wii, but I played Super Mario Galaxy for about two hours on Christmas on my brother's console.  Couldn't put the damn controller down, it's that addictive.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 1, 2008, 12:01 PM »
The question I have now, what game recommendations do you fellow Wii owners have?

Congrats on becoming a Wii owner!  The only games I can recommend are the few that I've played.  The family favorite now is Mario Kart because we can all play at the same time.  It's fun and exciting and great when you have people over.  The only thing is you'll have to get extra Wii-motes if you don't already have them.  We also like Mario Party 8 for the same reasons as MK, but we feel MK is a level better.  I've heard good things about Mario Galaxy, but I don't own it or have played it.  Have fun!

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 1, 2008, 01:39 PM »
Mario Kart is a great family racing game.   The four of us play that all the time.

Mario Party 8 is also a very good multiplayer game.  Lots of little interactive games.

Star Wars Lego: the Complete Saga is just hysterical if you haven't played any of the other versions.  Likewise, the new Indiana Jones Lego game is a lot of fun.

If you are interested in Sports games, I'd wait until this fall - the new Madden 09 comes out with an all new "all play" interface.  For the first time in many years, college football is coming back to Nintendo with NCAA 09 (also featureing "all play").

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #258 on: July 1, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Zelda & Star Wars Lego are a good start
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #259 on: July 1, 2008, 09:16 PM »
i'm totally addicted to the downloadable Wiiware Dr. Mario game. playing against random people from Japan is totally fun. a lot of the virtual console stuff is fun from a nostalgic point of view. but yeah, Mario Kart is great.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 2, 2008, 01:17 AM »
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Smash Brothers: Brawl
- Lego Star Wars
- Madden/NCAA Football (NCAA comes out July 15, Madden in August but you could get a past Madden pretty cheap)

Haven't played Lego Indy yet.

And NONE of the stores around here have Mario Kart OR Wii Fit. It's almost as if they refuse to order more copies. Ridiculous.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 2, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Has anyone here picked up WiiPlay?  I think that is what it is called if I'm remembering correctly anyways.  One of the employees at Target recommended it because you get a controller and various games for $50.  I was checking some reviews of it this morning, and made it sound like the games aren't anything too spiffy though.  Is it better to just buy another Wiimote and a decent game instead of this package deal?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 2, 2008, 11:35 AM »
Has anyone here picked up WiiPlay?

I did - primarily for the extra controller, but the game gets very very old after a few trys.  I did enjoy the cow racing game towards the end though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 2, 2008, 11:41 AM »

I did as well. The shooting game was fun, pool was good once you get the hang of the control, and the "find Mii!" game is a lot of fun (IMO) especially if you have a lot of identifiable friends/family/random Star Wars characters saved in your Mii's. Fishing, light hockey, ping-pong and whatever else are pretty skippable.

I would totally recommend the package deal.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Nintendo DS lightsaber stylus!
« Reply #264 on: July 2, 2008, 12:45 PM »
http://gizmodo.com/5021346/lightsaber-ds-stylus-elicits-no-objections-from-p

I'm definitely getting a set of each of these. Not too bad a price. Though I imagine if you wait, they may eventually come down in price. I'm guessing not likely though since these will be more of a collectible than actually used.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #265 on: July 2, 2008, 12:56 PM »

I have as well, again mostly for the controller but also for the duck hunt style disc target shooting game.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Nintendo DS lightsaber stylus!
« Reply #266 on: July 2, 2008, 12:58 PM »
I plan on picking up some up. I hve a bunch of different stylus pens that cam ewith game preorders.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #267 on: July 4, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Has anyone here picked up WiiPlay?  I think that is what it is called if I'm remembering correctly anyways.  One of the employees at Target recommended it because you get a controller and various games for $50.  I was checking some reviews of it this morning, and made it sound like the games aren't anything too spiffy though.  Is it better to just buy another Wiimote and a decent game instead of this package deal?

Look at it more like you're buying a controller and getting WiiPlay for free.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2008, 04:23 PM »
I ended up getting WiiPlay (with the extra WiiMote) from my in-laws for my b-day, and we started playing some of the games last night.  Not too bad.  We had lots of family down over the weekend for our daughter's 1st birthday, and its amazing how much everyone enjoys playing the Wii.  The majority of our (adult) family rarely to never plays video games, and all of them kept saying how "addictive" the games were.  We only have WiiSports and WiiPlay so far, so I don't know how "real" games play on it, but it sure is a lot of fun so far.  I hope to pick up LEGO Star Wars or something like that sometime soon.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Lego Star Wars is a must have.