Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125656 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2013, 07:06 PM »
Seems like mY GC is ok, and it was the disc.  Got this GE disc polisher/restorer and it seemed to work like magic.  $7 in Wal-Mart, and worth every cent.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Talking about Gamecube makes me want to dig our old one out and play some Bounty Hunter as well (or Rebel Strike/Rogue Squadron), always loved those games.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 20, 2013, 05:53 AM »
Love those retro systems, my main problem with them is that the actual game cartridges are expensive to obtain. I picked up a USB controller a few months back and use that to play my illegally downloaded emulators on my PC, which is good enough for me.

As for the Wii U, I'll probably snag one once the new Smash Bros. comes out.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 20, 2013, 09:49 AM »
Cool thing is people are still making games for Atari 2600, Intelivision and Colecovision. Over at www.atariage.com, they just released a Super Mario Brothers clone for the Atari 2600! It's got all the levels of the original game and is fairly accurate for the 2600. Pac-man 4k was also released. This is a remake of the Atari 2600 version but way more accurate but the same size cartridge. Also don't forget Halo 2600 written by Ed Fryes!

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 28, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Nintendo announces Wii U price drop, unveils 2DS

Eww @ the 2DS

Still not sold on a Wii U... maybe sometime next year. GTA 5 will occupy me for the next year or so.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 28, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Don't like the form factor but how often do you play 3DS games in 3D? Most of the time I keep it off.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 1, 2013, 11:23 AM »
The Retron 5 has a release date of December 10th for $99. They've added a few new tricks to the unit. You can now plug in a Sega Power Base converter to play Sega Master System games off the Genesis cartridge port.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/19/hyperkin-retron-5-game-console-on-sale-december-10/

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #382 on: October 1, 2013, 12:41 PM »
Looks like a toaster.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #384 on: July 14, 2016, 08:57 AM »

REDMOND, Wash., July 14, 2016 – If you see a Nintendo Entertainment System on store shelves this holiday shopping season, you haven’t entered a time machine. (Unless everyone around you is wearing acid-washed jeans and neon leg warmers. If that’s the case, you may have unknowingly walked through a rift in the space-time continuum.) The most likely scenario is you are setting eyes on the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, launching in stores on Nov. 11 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. That’s right: The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. But you really just want to know the full list of 30 games, right? Feast your eyes on the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system:

Balloon Fight™
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong™
Donkey Kong Jr. ™
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario™
Excitebike™
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber™
Kid Icarus™
Kirby’s Adventure™
Mario Bros. ™
MEGA MAN® 2
Metroid™
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics™
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda™
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™

There’s a little something for everyone: a nice mix of timeless favorites, cult classics and maybe even some games that you never got around to playing. Each is sure to bring back memories and produce plenty of new ones. You can even enjoy playing several of these games with two players by attaching a second NES Classic Controller, which will be sold separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro can also be used (each sold separately).

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system. Playing these retro games using a retro controller makes the experience that much more authentic. And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

What’s old is new again with the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. Relive past glories. Finish off that boss you never beat. Save the galaxy and rescue the princess!

*Please only call if you have indeed entered a time machine. The Game Counselor program no longer exists in 2016.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #385 on: July 14, 2016, 10:48 AM »
Cool, thought they should have done this years ago when those first few Sega/Atari concepts came out.  I'd of liked to have seen more games but beggars/choosers etc plus they'll release more games a few months down the road

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 14, 2016, 11:58 AM »
Yeah, this is something they could have done 5, maybe even 10 years ago. Most people already have these game running on emulators on the PC. Plus, capped at the 30 games? Pretty easy pass, though I'd consider it on sale.

I'm kinda surprised Nintendo isn't making people pay for every game again like they do with their other systems.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 14, 2016, 01:14 PM »
No Mike Tyson in Punch-Out = Fail.

Or not, I never really cared for that game.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 14, 2016, 02:56 PM »
It needs an sd card slot so we can play roms.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 21, 2016, 09:24 AM »
Zelda, Mario, Kirby?  I'm down. 
Binders full of astromechs...