Author Topic: Checklist comments and questions  (Read 4754 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Checklist comments and questions
« on: May 29, 2003, 10:52 PM »
I was checking the Ep1 checklist and found a couple of possible errors on it for the Bouns Battle Droids figures.  Here there are:
Missing in Action: Naboo Royal Security and Captian Panaka
and I don't think these exist:
Darth Sidous Holo/With Battle Droid and R2B1 w Battle Droid.

Just thought you may want to know.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Episode 1 Checklist?
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2003, 02:40 PM »
Thanks for the input Tom.  We'll get our resident checklist afficionado Thomas on it, but will have to wait 'til the boss gets back from vacation to update it...   :)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Episode 1 Checklist?
« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2003, 03:11 PM »
I thank you for your input. I am currently revamping, editting and reformatting the EP1, POTJ and modern POTF checklists and am hoping to be finished soon. I have also discovered the errors and missing figures from this series and have corrected them. I rushed to get those initial lists done for the openning of the site and I am going over them with a 'fine-toothed comb'.

I welcome any and all suggestions, corrections and additions for all the checklists. I want them to be what our members and visitors want and enjoy above all else. Thanks again and we will post an announcement when the new lists are finally posted...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Your checklist sucks
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 03:47 PM »
Sorry, had to get your attention.  

Not slamming the vintage or older modern stuff, but the recent checklist is not at all up to date.  I know that the Jedi 4 pack is not on it and seemingly the Hoth and Tatooine waves are not present.  Nor can I see (this could be age related) the animated stuff and Kit Fisto is missing from the Clone Wars basic line.  

Ahem.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Your checklist sucks
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 04:09 PM »
If you are speaking of the variation lists, that is completely my fault. Thomas has brand new updated lists sitting on my desk waiting to go up. But, if you mean the basic checklists without variations, that is not me.

I will soon assign someone to finish formatting the variations, but the basic lists are not my fault.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 11:35 PM »
No, no Chris.  Mostly a joke.  I was only commenting on the Saga and Clone Wars lists not seeming quite up to date with what is being found in stores.  No offense meant.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 11:22 PM »
We can't keep up with the production and release of current figures. By the time I am finished getting one update done I run into more I need to add and it becomes really crazy. We have not developed a system for individual entries on the lists and so it becomes a matter of reformatting a section or at times the entire list to update things. So I lay low and document the findings and then send Chris an email that is titled, "New Pain in the Rear" (just joking). We have agreed to keep things as current as possible, but we also need a lot to make the reformatting worthwhile.

We hope to develop or implement something to do individual updates in the future. So, until that happens or I give up Macs for PCs and become an html guru, we may not be as current as we would like. Just know we are behind the scenes either researching or formatting things to get them relatively up to date asap.

I do a hell of a lot of work to research, verify and document the stuff and Chris does a good job of formatting and getting them to you all for your enjoyment. So we fight and yell and pull our hair out, but at the end of the day, when the work is there and we can see how well it looks and the entity we have created.. it's all good.

Chris and I are like brothers. So we fight like brothers and we go out of our way for each other. It's pure enjoyment for staff. But we both endure it and each other because we are so dedicated to the cause and believe so much in JediDefender.com.

Sorry to be long-winded, but I wanted you to know what goes into the process beyond just getting them typed. And we do it all for people like you Morgbug (you ingrate! lol). Keep letting us know what else we can do to make them better. Everything helps and we will update asap (like 2005/2006 or so...). I'd realistically say that the next update will happen as soon as the modern POTF to POTJ lists are done being formatted and posted.

I need a break after all that and I'm sure chris would say the same. I will be happy to make it known when the next update is complete if it would help.

Thanks Morgbug! At least I know they are being looked at by someone. Hopefully enjoyed and of some use too...

And I know you are kidding. I am too.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Herbert_Ackermans

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Checklists!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 03:17 PM »
What is wrong with the checklists? I'm running IE 6 and I'm getting all kinds of SQL error messages.

Strangely, within that plethora of error-messages, the pages seem to be loading normal, but it is truly a big mess to look at.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Checklists!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 03:28 PM »
We'll look into that for you, Herbert...

EDIT:  Yeah, I'm definitely seeing the problem there.  Looks like it's isolated to just the Vintage and POTF2 checklists, so we'll see if we can figure out what's up with those.  Thanks for the head's up!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 03:30 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 03:31 PM »
I apologize for the mess there, Herbert.  I'm in the middle of reformatting some of the lists, so there's quite a handful of errors I need to correct.

But you'll see some vast improvement soon.   :)

Offline Herbert_Ackermans

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2005, 05:24 AM »
That's okeedokee!

Great to see such refreshing feedback compared to...well... ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 3, 2005, 02:05 PM »
I just thought I'd mention that I fixed all of those error messages in the checklists.  But if you come across any more problems, please let us know!

:)