Author Topic: Nice New Banners  (Read 24324 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Nice New Banners
« on: December 3, 2003, 11:41 PM »
Kudos to the staff for the new banners especially Brad :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Nice New Banners
« Reply #1 on: December 4, 2003, 10:10 AM »
Thanks. No thanks to Macintosh (Crash Different, I like that).  :( Lots of props to Berry for finally trying out the rotating banners, which look pretty nice I think, and of course all the guys on staff telling me what looks good and what doesn't.

Probably by this evening we'll be having a new Forum banner (Outlander's Club as opposed to the Cantina), and eventually I will see about updating all of our subdivision areas (Staff, Links, Banners, etc).

I did a couple of 'Link to Us' banners, including one that I thought was somewhat clever/original. It's got a picture of Aunt Beru making breakfast, and beside that says Got Milk? along with JediDefender's address.

Any feedback (positive or not) is definately appreciated  and needed on all the graphics on the site (including the sponsor banners, since I've made quite a few of those), too often something that I think will work, just doesn't, that's where all of you come in.  :-*

PS. Look for Special Holiday themed banners on our main page around Dec. 13th (twelve days till Christmas).

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #2 on: December 4, 2003, 04:57 PM »
So is there no Empire Strikes Back-themed rotating banner on the main page, or have I just been missing it?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #3 on: December 4, 2003, 05:02 PM »
No ESB one yet (Luke on tauntaun sound good?), and I need to put together a better looking ROTJ one as well (Vader vs. Luke sound good?), I think. It's sorta hard to stick to the 'Jedi' theme sometimes.

I was also thinking about possibly doing a Llama one, but anyone that didn't already know about our whole Llama thing may be confused...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #4 on: December 4, 2003, 05:07 PM »
You know, I was thinking for ESB, the closing shot, of Luke, Leia, and the droids looking out of the medical frigate window might look pretty good, or would that not be Jedi-y enough?

That famous silhouetted shot of Luke and Vader dueling in the carbon freezing chamber might look pretty cool, too.

They all look pretty good, though.  I'm not a big fan of CGI Yoda, so it's good to see something new and different up there.

Nice work.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: December 4, 2003, 05:09 PM »
Oh, and for Jedi, the shot of the Anakin, Yoda, and Ben spirits together might be neat, too.

I'll shut the **** up now.  :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: December 4, 2003, 05:12 PM »
All great ideas, I'll try to find some decent pics of those scenes and give it a try. Thanks!  :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: December 4, 2003, 06:20 PM »
That famous silhouetted shot of Luke and Vader dueling in the carbon freezing chamber might look pretty cool, too.

Oh, and for Jedi, the shot of the Anakin, Yoda, and Ben spirits together might be neat, too.

I definitely dig those two ideas.  Get to work Brad!  :P  While the Medical Frigate ending shot is a great one, I agree - probably not "Jedi-y" enough...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: December 4, 2003, 08:43 PM »

Ah, yes...  Much better!   8)  Nice work fellas!  No more stinkin' Wuher here in our joint!   ;)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: December 5, 2003, 12:47 AM »
In response to Virex's pro ESB take I think the banquet scene is classic. Vader at the end of a long banquet table greeting his unexpecting guests. Although it's the 'Dark Side', that is one of the coolest Vader shots sans lightsaber!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 5, 2003, 10:46 AM »
I noticed but I never thought of posting how much I like the change until I found this thread.

Great work guys!!
Beth

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #11 on: December 5, 2003, 10:50 AM »
In response to Virex's pro ESB take

Not necessarily a pro-ESB take (Star Wars is and will always be my favorite), but I was just pointing out that every film was represented (including that sh!tfest AOTC, which has two banners, for some reason) other than the film that a lot of people feel is the best of the saga.

Where is equack justice?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #12 on: December 5, 2003, 10:57 AM »
While the Medical Frigate ending shot is a great one, I agree - probably not "Jedi-y" enough...

Maybe not, but if that's the case, then neither is this:

« Last Edit: December 5, 2003, 11:00 AM by Virex »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: December 5, 2003, 11:27 AM »
Maybe not, but if that's the case, then neither is this:

I know, and already pointed that one out to the fellas a couple days ago...   ;)

Perhaps the saving grace for this shot over the Frigate shot is the exclusion of Mr. Golden Rod.   8)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #14 on: December 5, 2003, 02:10 PM »
Actually, it's funny you say that... in the ANH banner, I removed C3PO from the shot.  :-X

Tonight I will try to have some new banners fixed up but I've got to finish up and eventually matte two ads and a logo for my Commercial Arts finals on the 11th.