Author Topic: Basic Carded POTF2. Which Resculpts Left?  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Basic Carded POTF2. Which Resculpts Left?
« on: January 24, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Okay, i'm talking figures prior to the EP1 and POTJ line.  Just basic figs and not exclusives or pack-ins. Seems there are a lot less left than I thought.  I left off all the upcoming stuff.  So is anyone still happy with any of these original sculpts? IMO Hasbro could get away with just repainting alot of these similar to the OTC line.  Even just minor re-tooling some would work. There are some that just dont fit in at all anymore. 

Death Star Gunner
Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Outfit
Luke Skywalker Stormtrooper
2-1B
4-LOM
Admiral Ackbar
ASP-7
AT-ST Driver
EV-9D9
Gamorrean Guard
Grand Moff Tarkin
Hoth Soldier (sorry that SAGA crap dont count IMO)
Jawas
Malakili
Nien Numb
Ponda Baba
Saelt-Marae
Weequay
Biggs Darklighter
Captain Piett
Death Star Droid
Death Star Trooper
Wicket & Logray
Ishi Tib
Lak Sivrak
Orrimaarko
Pote Snitkin
Princess Leia Endor Celebration
Princess Leia Hoth
Ree-Yees
Zuckuss
Ugnaughts
Aunt Beru
Princess Leia Ceremonial
R2-D2 w/Launching Saber
Admiral Motti
Wuher

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Carded POTF2. Which Resculpts Left?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 06:34 PM »
I could do with a SA Jawa 2 Pack  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 07:37 PM »

Hoth Soldier (sorry that SAGA crap dont count IMO)

Couldn't agree more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 12:29 PM »
I agree with what's been mentioned here too.  Although I know some people aren't crazy about resculpts, I'd like to see the figures in Jesse's list get re-done as well.  It of course needs to be balanced with "all new" figures, but the figures overall appearance has come a long way since the POTF2 and Episode 1 days.  I mean, there are resculpts that many people don't even ask for (Hammerhead, Bossk, TIE Pilot, etc.) but they end up being quite a bit nicer looking than the previous versions.  I'd just as soon see all of those get re-done eventually, because as some have already mentioned, some of those POTF2 figures just look out of place on the shelves next to the figures from the past couple of years.  Sculpting, paint, scale, and articulation has just advanced quite a bit since those days.  I'll echo Jesse's list, I'd like to see each and every one of those:

Nein Nunb - I don't personally have the POTF2 version, but pictures tell me it could really be improved upon.
Zuckuss - Fett, Dengar, Bossk, and IG-88 have all had new figures, just as well finish up the Bounty Hunters.
4-LOM - same as above.
Endor Han/Luke/Leia - These definitely need to be done, hope the rumored VOTC Han is true.
Death Star Trooper - Definitely needed, and long overlooked.
Hoth Leia - The Hoth pack one was ok, but could be improve dupon.
Pilots - Y-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, etc. are all good.  I've always wanted the "red suit" vintage styled B-Wing pilot.  I remember getting that figure in the mail as a kid, so its kind of nostalgic too.
Biggs - Another I don't have, but could be quite improved on to match the newer Dutch, Wedge, Porkins and rumored VOTC X-Wing Luke.
Luke in Snowspeeder duds - This one is much needed, and I really hope we get an all new sculpt of this sometime soon.
Tarkin - Again, don't have the POTF2 one, but I've been waiting for a new version.  They could base it off of the ROTS sculpt if they want to, just give him a new head.  The POTF2 version doesn't fit into the line as well anymore.
Piett - Wouldn't mind seeing a new one eventually either.
Death Star Gunner - Wasn't this rumored for this year at one point?  Could use a new sculpt too.
Ewok Village Leia - A version that hasn't been touched on for awhile, and with the new ANH style, Bespin, and Boussh Leias, we could use a new one here too.  Endor version first, but this one would be welcome too.
Wicket/Ewoks - One I've really wanted to see re-done too, just seems too big/off.  I'd like to see several more ewoks, done in the same fashion as the POTJ Teebo.  The articulation was appropriate, and sculpt/paint was good too.
Weequay/Barada/Nikto - Jesse summed it up, all would be welcome re-dos.
R2 with pop up Saber - I was kind of hoping we'd see this feature with the Bar2, but it would be nice to see eventually.
Throne Room Luke - The Jabba's Palace version wasn't too bad, but isn't exactly the same character.  This could really be a nice figure if they went all out with it, ball joints and all.
Troops - All the ones Jesse mentioned, we've got nice versions of the Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper/TIE Pilot/AT-AT Driver, and hopefully the rumored VOTC Scout is all it could be.  I'd really like to see a newly sculpted, well articulated Snowtrooper now, and then move on to others that were on Jesse's list.

I hope we do see more resculpts from the POTF2 era.  Many (or maybe most) of those figures don't quite fit in with the newer, better style, and could probably be improved up on more than we know.  I like all the figures mentioned here so far, and hope we see these throughout the rest of the line...however long it lasts.