Author Topic: New JD Review: Evolutions Anakin To Vader  (Read 2211 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Evolutions Anakin To Vader
« on: January 20, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Though I can't get on this at the moment, there's a new JediDefender.com Review up and running, polishing off another of the Evolutions Assortment that's been on the shelf here for a little bit.

This time around we're taking a look at Evolutions: Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader, in an exciting pack that follows the Dark Lord's transformation from whiney awkward teen, to Jedi Slaughtering Power Hungry Sith Apprentice, to the man in black we all know and love.  It's quite a set to behold.

My opinion on the Evolutions line was favorable overall.  There were some little things I'd have done differently with pretty much every set, but the Anakin one was my first I got, and I knew I was gonna be hooked on these at the moment I opened the box.

While I've seen some recent comments from people who felt that the basic Anakin figures were somehow superior to the Evolutions figures, I can't agree with that sentiment in the slightest.  The sculpts/likenesses presented here are pretty well flawless and the articulation is unmatched with any ANakin figure to-date.

If Hasbro puts more of the CHosen One out on any card in the future, it should be these 3 incarnations of Anakin Skywalker/Vader and no other.  Simply amazing figures to have, and a must for any collection.

Read my review though to see what little things could have been improved upon, and what great things Hasbro did pull off well with this set.  And look for more Evolutions reviews and Saga '06 reviews in the near future!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Evolutions Anakin To Vader
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 09:55 AM »
Yeah, it's weird, for as close to perfect all the figures came in the evolution assortments, there was just one little thing off on each one. :P

Anakin to Vader is fantastic though. Scuplting, articulation, accessories, all outstanding and I think the review hits everything spot on.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Wow, that's what I call a review!

My only complaint with the set is the head sculpt on the AOTC Anakin.

Pretty weak IMO.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 01:05 AM »
I liked it actually.  It wasn't the best of the set by any means though but I thought it was better than most of the AOTC Ani heads we've seen thus far so I was "content".  It's the definitive version of him IMO.  I'd dig it if they re-released him with a ROTS head, and headgear, for a Pilot Ani...  That'd be sweet.  Hell I'd buy a re-release with the AOTC head, who am I kidding? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77